This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    But again reliving the fact that Sam and Jack went through all of this and have now come to these startling realizations about each other....nothing happens. TPTB have dropped the ball, they have peeked our emotions once again and we have fallen on our faces once again. [spoilers] Now I guess we are suppose to believe that the team went fishing, although according to TPTB nothing happened between Jack and Sam and what business as usual. When Season 9 starts Sam has left SG-1 basically the whole team has broken up and gone their separate ways. Sam has gone to Washington to Area 51 and to be with Cassie, and Jack is going to leave Stargate and be in charge of Homeworld Security in Washington I imagine; but according to that picture of Jack he is still contemplating his move. Now although we shippers would love to believe that he is doing this to be near Sam, I read somewhere that he would be a couple of levels up into Sams chain of command and that the regulations where still in force and therefore nothing could happen between them still, I believe that is how it went anyway. So could I just ask a stupid question, what in the heck was the reason for Threads? I mean it really didn't bring US any closer than we have been for the last 8 years, I kind of feel like we have gone into a circle at the beginning of Season 7 and we have now come out exactly where we went in. Think about it, most of us felt Sam questioning Jacks feelings for her kind of came out of the blue; so now that she realizes that he still has feelings for her, she is all better, but what was the advancement for US?
    TPTB are just great at being vague and contradictory...don't get me wrong, I love the show to peices, but what gives them the rite to treat us like this? Get our hopes up then shatter them again? I love being a shipper, but it seems like we always get the proverbial short end of tyhe stick! It sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      TPTB were right, I do have "issues" with a character that:

1) treats Sam badly
      2) acts like a 5 year when denied information about her job
      3) checks up on her
      4) follows her to a stakeout
      5) interfers with the stakeout and then not only was he not punished, they gave him information about a top secret operation.
      6) brings a box of wine on a date

Did I leave anything out guys? What were TPTB thinking when they wrote this guy? Lets give Sam a loser boyfriend?
      Must have been. I can't think of anyone less suited to her. They didn't even look right together! Everytime I saw her with , I felt like she was standing there with her kid brother (which was pretty disturbing at points considering they kissed and all). It was just wrong, wrong, wrong.

I remember what RDA said in one interview (with a sly grin on his face): "Let's put it this way.....he's no competition for O'Neill." Maybe TPTB did prolong 's stay because we hated him so much. Hmmmmm.......

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      you are right Rogue-that is exactly what they thought we had "issues" with-the boyfriend-they just didn't get that it was the type of boyfriend they gave to Sam-not that they gave Sam a boyfriend.
      Actually, I DID have issues with her having any boyfriend who wasn't Jack.....although it might have been easier to adjust to if they had picked someone who was more appropriate for Sam.

To this day, I'm still not certain if they were delighted that we hated (and tortured us with him)......or if they were surprised that we hated (and still tortured us with him).

Either way, they chose to torture us with him!
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 24 June 2005, 02:23 PM.

Comment

pic fr stargate1971

Sam: Jack get up.
        Jack: No you come down here with me.
        Sam: Jack, I would love to but everyone is watching.
        Jack:That is ok. These are the shippers, not TPTB. They want to see us together.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          pic fr stargate1971
          Jack:That is ok. These are the shippers, not TPTB. They want to see us together.

Awww that's so cute GB!!!

Comment

Jack: To heck with the regs, to heck with TPTB.....it's been WAY too long!

Sam: Yes, sir.

And they lived happily ever after!

Comment

pic fr stargate1971
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/b8339730.jpg

Hehehehehe Love it (((gatebee)))

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Hehehehehe Love it (((gatebee)))

Caty
                Mel and Caty, glad you like it. It is in a way sad because the way things look, we will end up with just our dreams and wishes.

Comment

After Teal'c did not stop whinning after going to the Cabin the first time he would be the last person I invited.It would be a cold Day in Netu before I invited Teal'c.I would also have trouble inviting Daniel for sometimes being a high and mighty pain in the butt.Can anyone tell I'am not the biggest Daniel and Teal'c fans?Sorry if I offened any Daniel and Teal'c Fans.
                  Last edited by ses110; 24 June 2005, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    But again reliving the fact that Sam and Jack went through all of this and have now come to these startling realizations about each other....nothing happens. TPTB have dropped the ball, they have peeked our emotions once again and we have fallen on our faces once again. [spoilers] Now I guess we are suppose to believe that the team went fishing, although according to TPTB nothing happened between Jack and Sam and what business as usual. When Season 9 starts Sam has left SG-1 basically the whole team has broken up and gone their separate ways. Sam has gone to Washington to Area 51 and to be with Cassie, and Jack is going to leave Stargate and be in charge of Homeworld Security in Washington I imagine; but according to that picture of Jack he is still contemplating his move. Now although we shippers would love to believe that he is doing this to be near Sam, I read somewhere that he would be a couple of levels up into Sams chain of command and that the regulations where still in force and therefore nothing could happen between them still, I believe that is how it went anyway. So could I just ask a stupid question, what in the heck was the reason for Threads? I mean it really didn't bring US any closer than we have been for the last 8 years, I kind of feel like we have gone into a circle at the beginning of Season 7 and we have now come out exactly where we went in. Think about it, most of us felt Sam questioning Jacks feelings for her kind of came out of the blue; so now that she realizes that he still has feelings for her, she is all better, but what was the advancement for US?

Yes (((Nickatell ))), I agree . TPTB are silly and if Jack is still in
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam's chain of command in episode 1 of season 9, considering that some time has passed since the end of season 8,
                    you really do wonder what was the point of Threads and what was
                    Spoiler:
                    the lighting kiss of Mobieus all about if it was not to tell the fans that Sam and Jack no matter what really love each other and if there were no regulations, they jump at each other real fast ..Well after Threads , you would have thought that Jack would have rushed to become a civilian so that he can have Sam just to himself and fast ....but apparently in beginning of season 9 he seems to look miserable too and Miserable Jack is boring , TPTB should use RDA in what small screen time he has , in a more relaxed way . I would love to see a smiling Jack in episode 1 and 3 of season 9 because he is with Sam , he is happy and so is she, even if the distance is a problem . ..But if Sam is in Washington in area 51 and Jack is in washington too ..then there is no distance problem...therefore I assume they agree not to see each other because it could be dangerous ( too much intimacy ) if they were both in the same room and the regs still in between them ..This ship is becoming a bit pathetic just because of the rules .

If TPTB could watch all of Farscape , they would realize that RST can be exiting ..and I would say even more exiting specially after 8 long years of sexual tension...In some shows UST works for a while but in some other shows UST should be resolved after season 4 or 5 . For Stargate, I reckon UST should have been resolved end of season 7 .

Season 8 was a bit late for RST but if TPTB thought that Threads was RST then fine ...just do not go back on what has been shown and treat the fans as idiots specially the shippers or they 'll go and find a better show to watch next time ...Same goes for the casual shippers out there ..many believe that Sam and Jack are really together as a couple now ...Just imaging the disappointement when they start watching season 9
                    I'd rather not be in their shoes

Anyway , we 'll know soon and hopefully by episode 3 we'll know what TPTB have in mind and if they are still carrying on torturing the shipperf fans , then I suppose lots of them may just give up specially if there is no physical evidence of Sam and Jack's love at all .Hearing a word from Sam about Jack once in a while is not what I call a good ship . .and I 'm pretty sure that TPTB will make Daniel visiting Jack a lot and report to Sam that Jack needs to speak to her and can she phones him asap .

All of this is becoming so stupid , I don't believe that I'm still here talking about what used to be a great ship and will now become the invisible ship of all time .

Caty

Comment

nickatell I hate to say it but
                      Spoiler:
                      Threads had no point to it much like most of the Season 7 and 8 episodes and probably Season 9 as well.TPTB gave the Shippers nothing.Was anyone shocked Sam did not end up with Pete?Threads could have been a great episode if there was some Sam and Jack moments leading up to the Threads episode or TPTB did not try to jam 10 different stories into Threads.Threads was suppose to be the Sam and Jack Ship episode to end all Ship episodes and we got very little.I wish TPTB could explain what we got from Threads.

Comment

Mel and Caty, glad you like it. It is in a way sad because the way things look, we will end up with just our dreams and wishes.
                        I know , I know Gatebee . I'll watch season 9 as an action show only . I'm not shipping anymore therefore I won't be disappointed .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I know , I know Gatebee . I'll watch season 9 as an action show only . I'm not shipping anymore therefore I won't be disappointed .

Caty
                          Caty, I wish I had the same attitude as you. But I am still wishing deep inside for some shippy news.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            We shippers
                            Spoiler:
                            waited 8 Years for an always and a Fishing trip with Daniel and Teal'C.Why not invite everyone from the SGC while there at it?How come Jack and Sam where not in Daniel or Teal'c Face when they were having there flings?If I was Jack and Sam finally said yes to going Fishing I would invite Daniel and Teal'c over my Dead Body.

It's TPTB playing with the shippers ses and they will carrying on until the very end ..You'll see . We will only get the big
                            Spoiler:
                            honking kiss ( if that!!!) right in the last 2 minutes of the series finale ....and don't forget that Daniel and teal'c will still be present even for that special occasion
                            ..Teal'c will probably be allowed to
                            Spoiler:
                            kiss Ishta in private and so will Daniel kiss the Vala girl in private too ...Gosh I just remembered Prometheus Unbound and the amount of sexual innuendos between Daniel and Vala ..Vala jumping at Daniel for the entire episode .....

TPTB would never allow an episode where Sam and Jack have fun with each other unless they are drugged or not themselves ..most of the episodes where our Sam and Jack are together are either sad or they are lying down because one of them is ill , injured or something like that . So obviously the physical contact is minimum. This is TPTB's policy of how to treat Sam and Jack and we haven't seen it all yet ..It will probably get worse before it gets better ...

...and the better
                            Spoiler:
                            will be right at the end and they won't probably be alone

Caty

Comment

Dear God that's funny.... brilliant work!

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              From discussions on the thread last summer, the wonderfully talented Mala50 had created the following graphic..... be sure to read all the listings BTW....

sigpic

Comment

Caty, I wish I had the same attitude as you. But I am still wishing deep inside for some shippy news.

You are very good gatebee ..ship , ship and ship ..I hope you'll get what you want but with RDA hardly there and Sam turning up later , it may be a bit difficult to get some ship .

Shippy news ...I don't think TPTB ever gives shippy news not anymore anyway , season 9 is a new show for them and they will probably concentrate on the new members but who knows ...Maybe I'm completely wrong and you'll see and hear plenty of ship in season 9 !!!!

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X