This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    But again reliving the fact that Sam and Jack went through all of this and have now come to these startling realizations about each other....nothing happens. TPTB have dropped the ball, they have peeked our emotions once again and we have fallen on our faces once again. [spoilers] Now I guess we are suppose to believe that the team went fishing, although according to TPTB nothing happened between Jack and Sam and what business as usual. When Season 9 starts Sam has left SG-1 basically the whole team has broken up and gone their separate ways. Sam has gone to Washington to Area 51 and to be with Cassie, and Jack is going to leave Stargate and be in charge of Homeworld Security in Washington I imagine; but according to that picture of Jack he is still contemplating his move. Now although we shippers would love to believe that he is doing this to be near Sam, I read somewhere that he would be a couple of levels up into Sams chain of command and that the regulations where still in force and therefore nothing could happen between them still, I believe that is how it went anyway. So could I just ask a stupid question, what in the heck was the reason for Threads? I mean it really didn't bring US any closer than we have been for the last 8 years, I kind of feel like we have gone into a circle at the beginning of Season 7 and we have now come out exactly where we went in. Think about it, most of us felt Sam questioning Jacks feelings for her kind of came out of the blue; so now that she realizes that he still has feelings for her, she is all better, but what was the advancement for US?
    a point to Threads???? Nah! just another hook for them to reel in the shippers. As Rogue rightly pointed out-all we got was an "Always" and a fishing trip-that ain't nothing-no way-no how.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      I've got a new photobucket with some on my creations on display...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/
      wow.... cool pics SueKay ....thanks for sharing ...

Comment

nickatell i think
        Spoiler:
        Jack would have made it his business to speak to Sam no matter what happened with Kerry.When Sam and Jack had the conversation in Affinity Sam never raised doubts about Pete only her Job and having Children.If Sam told Jack she was making a mistake in Marrying Pete during the Affinity conversation I think Jack would have stepped up and told Sam not to Marry Pete.This whole Sam and Pete thing never made sense from the start.Sam is suppose to be in Love with Jack all this time and after one tough mission Sam decides she needs to have a Boyfriend right now without first having an adult conversation with Jack to see if something could be worked out between them.In regards to Pete Sam takes 2 weeks to answer his proposal and this does not sent up red flags to Pete?

Comment

We shippers
          Spoiler:
          waited 8 Years for an always and a Fishing trip with Daniel and Teal'C.Why not invite everyone from the SGC while there at it?How come Jack and Sam where not in Daniel or Teal'c Face when they were having there flings?If I was Jack and Sam finally said yes to going Fishing I would invite Daniel and Teal'c over my Dead Body.
          Last edited by ses110; 24 June 2005, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            We shippers
            Spoiler:
            waited 8 Years for an always and a Fishing trip with Daniel and Teal'C.Why not invite everyone from the SGC while there at it?How come Jack and Sam where not in Daniel or Teal'c Face when they were having there flings?
            IMHO they have no real respect for the fans-or from my perspective only-Sam and Jack Fans- and Sam fans. look at what they have done to Sam the last two years. Absolutely maddening what they have done to that character-Sam had come a long way from tht wet behind the ears newbie introduced in Children of Gods-did anyone else cringe when she told Jack that she read all of his mission reports and thought she had been preparing for this mission all her life-and all of sudden to that -i can't even begin to describe the rag doll she was in season 7 and 8.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Please check my edited post regarding Fishing with Daniel and Teal'C.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                Please check my edited post regarding Fishing with Daniel and Teal'C.Thanks
                SES110-it woulod also be
                Spoiler:
                over my dead body as well. it would be weeks before i would allow Daniel and Teal'c up to the cabin if things were settled

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                  I love this, majorsal. But why do I get the feeling I'm riding up-hill at the beginning of this post, reach the top (major ship), then I start coasting leisurely down the hill.
                  Spoiler:
                  Not counting Threads and M1&2, which left me at the top of the hill again, just not quite sure how I got there. Stupid Rollercoaster.
                  and we as loyal shippers ride the ride

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    But again reliving the fact that Sam and Jack went through all of this and have now come to these startling realizations about each other....nothing happens. TPTB have dropped the ball, they have peeked our emotions once again and we have fallen on our faces once again. [spoilers] Now I guess we are suppose to believe that the team went fishing, although according to TPTB nothing happened between Jack and Sam and what business as usual. When Season 9 starts Sam has left SG-1 basically the whole team has broken up and gone their separate ways. Sam has gone to Washington to Area 51 and to be with Cassie, and Jack is going to leave Stargate and be in charge of Homeworld Security in Washington I imagine; but according to that picture of Jack he is still contemplating his move. Now although we shippers would love to believe that he is doing this to be near Sam, I read somewhere that he would be a couple of levels up into Sams chain of command and that the regulations where still in force and therefore nothing could happen between them still, I believe that is how it went anyway. So could I just ask a stupid question, what in the heck was the reason for Threads? I mean it really didn't bring US any closer than we have been for the last 8 years, I kind of feel like we have gone into a circle at the beginning of Season 7 and we have now come out exactly where we went in. Think about it, most of us felt Sam questioning Jacks feelings for her kind of came out of the blue; so now that she realizes that he still has feelings for her, she is all better, but what was the advancement for US?
                    Another question is why the heck did they mention retirement and a civilian running the SGC? What is that all about? Why did they bother if they weren't going to follow thru?
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Another question is why the heck did they mention retirement and a civilian running the SGC? What is that all about? Why did they bother if they weren't going to follow thru?
                      because there was no intent. in order to have follow thru you have to have the intent to do so-they didn't have it-just like they have every other season-they ignore that which doesn't fit into their little niche. I mean seriously-anybody expect the shower scene out of Dallas???? I know I did. oh-wait-season (name your season here) was such a mess and we really didn't mean it-so let us forget it.

all of season 8-they didn't mean it-there was nothing-absolutely nothing-and as for Sam having concerns about Pete-that was a big goose egg-casn anybody pinpoint an episode-a scene in an episode where Sam had second thoughts about Pete-and not-the hallway scene in Threads doesn't count. she was already wearing a hole in the floor before we knew who was getting off the elevator.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        let's reminisce and squee!

spoilers for ALL seasons

going down memory lane...

s1 -

children of the gods - jack and sam first laying eyes on one another and 'enjoying' it.

emancipation - jack admiring sam in the blue dress.

the broca divide - sam jumping jack in the locker room! THE first 'i'm really hot for you baby' vibe.

solitudes - sam and jack snuggling together to keep warm. *wink, wink*

there but for the grace of god - our first glimpse that sam and jack belong together.

s2 -

in the line of duty - jack caring about sam. a LOT.

secrets - flirty in front of dad.

out of mind - naked sam! jack notices!

s3 -

into the fire - naked sam! jack notices! hugging for heat. *wink, wink*

point of view - two carters. jack notices. another sign that sam and jack belong together.

jolinar's memories/the devil you know - jack worried about sam. deeply.

a hundred days - our official sign that sam's got it bad for jack.

s4 -

small victories - jack teases. sam throws her mega-watt smile in reply. *sigh*

divide and conquer - they confess to their feelings.

window of opportunity - jack cops a feel of sam's mouth.

beneath the surface - suppressed feeling that are so strong, they punch through their rewritten personalities.

the serpent's venom - jack likes sam's tummy.

2010 - look what happens when sam and jack don't get together. end of the world. nuff said.

the light - sam and jack's first argument. with touching. and looks.

entity - sam's taken over. jack reacts. sam almost dies. jack's going to follow.

s5 -

the fifth man - sam literally goes rambo in the gateroom to get back to jack.

desperate measures - jack has to find sam. at all costs.

proving ground - flirting! jello!

the warrior - jack shows off sam. i mean shows off sam's shooting skills.

s6 -

descent - sam and jack wet.

frozen - sam begs jack to take a symbiote. jack can't say no. to sam.

paradise lost - jack's missing. sam decomposes.

metamorphosis - sam's head on jack's shoulder. jack's ready to sacrifice himself to save her.

s7 -

evolution(s) - sam and jack share a 'moment' in her lab, before leaving separately into danger. after surviving, they share lunch. *wink, wink*

grace - sam coming to terms with her feelings for jack. or so she thinks. HOT KISS!!!

chimera - jack's hurting when sam goes for another guy.

death knell - jack comforts sam after she almost dies. snuggles!

heroes part one - sam gets uncomfortable when quizzed about her feelings for jack.

heroes part two - sam and jack have a MAJOR hug of comfort, relief, and grief.

lost city(s) - jack's going to die. sam tries to tell him her feelings. sam calls o'neill jack. sam grieves and touches her hand to his frozen face.

s8 -

new order(s) - sam almost dies to save jack. sam's very happy to see jack's alive and well. *sweet* promotion ceremony. *ceremony... wink, wink*

zero hour - jack and sam tease.

avatar - sam and jack against daniel and teal'c.

affinity - sam questions. jack grieves.

gemini - sam can't shoot jack.

citizen joe - jack stops joe from revealing jack's feelings for sam.

threads - THE moment of truth for sam and jack. sam tries to talk. he says always. sam dumps pete and kerry dumps jack. FISHING!

moebius(s) - another sign that sam and jack belong together. always. FISHING!

~~~

*sighs*

sally
                        sigh .... weeps that S9 we see nothing of Sam and Jack being together on a lovely romantic dinner in DC. .... I can dream can't I

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Wow...I read it completely differently than you did.

I don't think Jack told Kerry a blessed thing about Sam and I think what he DIDN'T say spoke volumes.

I think Kerry paid attention and felt the vibe that coursed back and forth between Sam and Jack. She saw how uncomfortable he was with Sam being there. She saw how uncomfortable Sam was seeing Kerry there with Jack...and not because she had "found out their secret."

Kerry being with the CIA already has keen instincts about people (although not much skill was required in detecting the elephant in the room) could read the tells both Jack and Sam were giving off...the way he sloshed his beer, the way she postured herself in front of them...

I think that any convo between the two of them after Sam left went something like this...

=================================

Kerry: I hope her dad's okay.

Jack (lost in thought, watching Sam walk around the side of his house): Yeah me too.

Kerry (still picking up signals, pauses a moment before continuing): So...that was odd, wasn't it?

Jack (still staring off after Sam, doesn't fully hear what Kerry's saying): Hmmm?

Kerry: Colonel Carter? It was strange her showing up like that...

Jack (still moderately distracted, turns toward Kerry briefly before heading back to the grill): Uh yeah. I guess so.

Kerry (suspicious about how quiet he is): So...what exactly did she want again?

Jack (lost in his thoughts as he mindlessly toys with the black substances formerly known as steaks still burning on the grill): Oh, um...she just wanted to talk shop. You know how it is...

Kerry (tilts her head to the side): Really? She wanted to talk about work? Because I got the impression that...

Jack (interrupting): So uh you ready to eat? I'm thinkin' these steaks are nearing perfection here and I'd HATE to overdo them.

Kerry (eyeing the charred flesh as Jack plops them onto plates, replies sardonically): Yeah...that'd be a shame...

Jack smiles wryly as he backs into the house carrying their food in with him. They were supposed to have eaten OUTSIDE.

Kerry (wistfully, to herself by herself as she follows him inside): A real shame...

=================================
                          I totally agree with your take Uber. Jack being a gentleman would never speak about his feeling to another woman. Jack is a very private and close about his emotions. He was like that even with his wife and even after the death of his son. I cannot believe he would spill the beans to Kerry at all. As for Kerry, being CIA and a woman, she picked up on all the signs that were so obviouse. The only one really in the dark about how they really feel for each other is Sam and Jack.
                          After years of working together. After years of always in near death situation. Their mutual feeling of professionalism and respect for one another is all muddled up with their "personal/romantic" feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                            Sally, This is terrific. Can you add the "fishing invitations" to the memories? And the sniff in the elevator? LOL!!
                            Nell ....sniff, sniff definitely. Memories are allwe have till TPTB decide other wise.

Comment

i have a question about threads

(spoilers)

when pit came to the SGC to see jacob, was sam wearing her engagement ring? the only time i ever saw her wear it was when she was sittin out side of jacks house.
                              Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                              Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                              Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                              (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Hey all! I can't stay today but I wanted to drop in and say "hi" at least once! It doesn't look like anyone's on right now anyway, so, it works out. I found out that season 8 is out on DVD in the US in October and saeson 1 of Atlantis is out in November (in case anyone's interested) I hope you all have a great nite! Make it shippery! I'll watch Devide and Conquer later for you all!! I'm with you in spirit! Love y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X