Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE - THOR] SG-Phas published several new episodic photos for the Stargate AG-1 Season 9 episode "Origin". Follow the links & enjoy the new photos!

http://www.stargate-project.de/star...howfolge&ID=177 [/QUOTE]

Not sure if you guys have seen this link but there is a fantastice photo of Jack in his dress blues with a bearded Daniel. Hope you like it as much as I did. Thanks Thor for showing us Jack as a Major General.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I agree, I don't think Jack opened up to Kerry, in fact I think he shut down. They probably made small talk while they ate. I imagine the tone of the afternoon changed considerably after Sam left.

I also wondered if Jack made a effort to keep Kerry and Sam apart on Kerrys visits to the SGC. She was suppose to head up the investigation into the NID but had appearently never had talked or interviewed Sam. Sam had just as much dealings with the NID as Jack, maybe more. Just a thought that maybe she had asked to interview Sam and Jack always gave her a excuse not to.
      You are so right, Jack just closed down when Sam left and only a blind person couldn't see exactly how he felt about Sam. I also found it strange that Kerry didn't interview Sam either, considering she was supposed to be doing a complete investigation.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Playing with photshop again (all hail CS2) I was thinking of season 9 & Jack's decision to leave and this came out.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Playing with photshop again (all hail CS2) I was thinking of season 9 & Jack's decision to leave and this came out.

What a great photo. Love it.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)... //

i saw sam comfortable with ps in chimera (well, up until he went super spy that is ), but i saw a LOT of uncomfortableness from her in affinity.
            I thought they did show the house scene. But, of course, I was so angry at that point that I wasn't paying as much attention as I normally would. I had already blasted off a scathing e-mail to Sci-Fi.....which has not been answered, even though I specifically requested a reply. I'm not surprised at that, though.

What irritated me about the editing was that some of those cafe scenes could have been shortened without taking away from the story content. I felt those scenes were much too long the first time I saw them, even though they were integral to the storyline.

The scenes Uber references, by contrast, were key to why Sam, Jack, Jacob and Kerry acted as they did in the rest of the ep. Of course, to edit down the cafe scenes would have required more labor, because the cuts would have to be made more carefully. Cutting ALMOST ALL of the scenes from the other storyline was faster and cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...ld/samjack.jpg
              Great pic Myrth
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I thought they did show the house scene. But, of course, I was so angry at that point that I wasn't paying as much attention as I normally would. I had already blasted off a scathing e-mail to Sci-Fi.....which has not been answered, even though I specifically requested a reply. I'm not surprised at that, though.

What irritated me about the editing was that some of those cafe scenes could have been shortened without taking away from the story content. I felt those scenes were much too long the first time I saw them, even though they were integral to the storyline.

The scenes Uber references, by contrast, were key to why Sam, Jack, Jacob and Kerry acted as they did in the rest of the ep. Of course, to edit down the cafe scenes would have required more labor, because the cuts would have to be made more carefully. Cutting ALMOST ALL of the scenes from the other storyline was faster and cheaper.
                I am so tempted to be quite snarky here about the cutting room floor drop offs-yeah, they over extended some things and short-sheeted others. The cafe scenes-some of them were superfluous and the scenes that really needed some more information gave none.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                  Oh, please, no!!!! At least, not here.

No, sorry, no cute, puppy dog eyes on him IMO. I have separated the character from the actor.

The character was an over-possessive moron who wouldn't let Sam be herself, and who destroyed my ship. So yes, I hated him.

The actor was somebody who came in to do a role, and probably would have been written out after one episode if it wasn't for who he was related to. I know Hollywood lives on nepotism, but I don't have to like it. Add to that I find him very physically unattractive and you have my reason for disliking the actor. I guess it's true about beauty being in the eye of the beholder!

I'm sorry if you don't agree with anything I've said, but I wanted to clarify that I *have* separated the character from the actor.
                  Great post Buc, and I have to say that I agree with every word you just said.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                    Oh, please, no!!!! At least, not here.

No, sorry, no cute, puppy dog eyes on him IMO. I have separated the character from the actor.

The character was an over-possessive moron who wouldn't let Sam be herself, and who destroyed my ship. So yes, I hated him.

The actor was somebody who came in to do a role, and probably would have been written out after one episode if it wasn't for who he was related to. I know Hollywood lives on nepotism, but I don't have to like it.
                    Speaking of nepotism, here's a list.

Peter DeLuise - pops up in eps all the time( all be it usually in the background)
                    Michael DeLuise - (Brother) - Wormhole Extreme
                    David DeLuise - (Brother) - Pete Shanahan
                    Dom DeLuise - (Father) - Urgo

Now I'm not saying that I didn't like the episodes but are there anymore DeLuise's out there that are going to show up on Stargate?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon

Peter DeLuise - pops up in eps all the time( all be it usually in the background)

Now I'm not saying that I didn't like the episodes but are there anymore DeLuise's out there that are going to show up on Stargate?
                      didn't one of the Mrs. Deluise's play a part on one of the shows-i think The Other Side or even Wormhole Extreme?
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

OK, so we can now assume that Jack didn't retire but he is also no longer her CO and that was always given as the reason they couldn't be together. Come on ptb, give us an ending to a long and anticipated relationship between Jack and Sam PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I'm still not assuming which one left the Air Force.....Sam or Jack.....or if either did. These early S9 pics of Jack may show him right before his retirement (as Landry is about to take over the SGC). And Sam's work at Area 51 raises questions about her military status too. Now that she's out of his direct chain of command, the regs may not even be an issue anymore.....so maybe neither has left the Air Force.

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
                        And even though I know it's just a show, O'Neill's character is starting to look like the type to lead women on.
                        Spoiler:
                        Kerry would have been stuck with a man in love with another woman for how log
                        Fulfill Sam or set her free! Can anyone say "closure"? At this point, I'd be satified if Jack just confessed his feelings with an explanation of why he can't be with her!
                        I don't think Jack was
                        Spoiler:
                        l eading Kerry on. At the point they started seeing each other, he thought he had lost Sam to . So, I believe he was simply trying to move on.....and here comes this bright, attractive CIA agent who sparks his curiousity and returns his interest. I think he was just attempting (albeit unsuccessfully) to put his life back together and to repair his broken heart.

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
                        Every one else has gone to bed and I'm still catching up on all the great posts.
                        Spoiler:
                        REMEMBER, SAM DOESN'T KNOW JACK AND KERRY HAVE BROKEN UP. And for the record, Kerry broke up with Jack, not vice versa. Jack was as closed off as ever in expressing any emotion at Kerry's leaving (cool with me), but that's why I was so jealous for Sam. Jack must have confided (actually shared his feelings about Sam) with Kerry. How dare he talk to that bimbo and yet clams up with Sam! The writers should as least clue the audiece in into Jack's thoughts and reasoning for why he feels they can't be together.
                        Gotta disagree here. Sam probably wasn't sure in the
                        Spoiler:
                        infirmary scene that they had broken up, but I think his spoken, "Always," and the look in his eyes probably gave her a strong indication. And by the time they went on the fishing trip, I'm confident that they had discussed it. And, as for not expressing any emotion at Kerry's discussion with him, think about what that means. He didn't argue because there was no sense lying about it. She had realized the truth. Jack has always been a man of few words when it comes to his feelings.

Originally posted by JackONeill
                        I think that he didn't confide in her his feelings for Sam, Kerry just figured it out. It doesn't seem like Jack to openly discuss his feelings for Sam, especially to his GF. I think it was really nice of Kerry to say something about it instead of getting mad at him, and doing the whole screaming thing. I believe the episode really showed how great of a character Kerry is by how she realized Jack's feelings and confronted them like a civil person.
                        I agree. Not only did Kerry show some class, she also showed some common sense by recognizing the situation for what it was and getting away from it as fast as she could. And, I think Kerry's actions should be an example to any woman who finds herself in a similar situation!
                        Since you're new, let me direct you to my little fanfic about that situation: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lizations.html

And by the way:

Welcome, JackONeill!

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I've got a new photobucket with some on my creations on display...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/
                        Very nice stuff, SueKay.....including those pics of you!

Comment

From discussions on the thread last summer, the wonderfully talented Mala50 had created the following graphic..... be sure to read all the listings BTW....

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            didn't one of the Mrs. Deluise's play a part on one of the shows-i think The Other Side or even Wormhole Extreme?
                            Gee I don't know, I'll check on that tomorrow,oops I mean later today. Would she be listed as a DeLuise?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Urgo is one of my favourite episode, I think Dom did a great job playing Urgo... he was sooooo funny !!

And I like searching for Peter deLuise in every episodes he has directed, it's a sort of "game for the fans only"

I don't really mind Peter giving a role to his family members has long as they do a good job

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                From discussions on the thread last summer, the wonderfully talented Mala50 had created the following graphic..... be sure to read all the listings BTW....

What a great picture that is I love it.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X