Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody please tell me what it is with this show and what they are not dressing their women characters in? I believe the word I am looking for is "clothes"
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      let's reminisce and squee!

going down memory lane...

*sighs*

sally
      Sally, This is terrific. Can you add the "fishing invitations" to the memories? And the sniff in the elevator? LOL!!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad to see some spec!!!!!!!!!

I've not really got much to add, but I'm writing a Threads based fic that I hope helps...

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

It's called in between the threads and should be updated soon...it goes up to
        Spoiler:
        the Sam/Jack/Kerry scene
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Wow...I read it completely differently than you did.

=================================
          Season 8
          Spoiler:
          Originally, I thought Kerry and Jack talked before she broke up with him. If not, she certainly is a shrewd judge of people and that may be a reflection of her excellent CIA skills. Not only that but she is assertive and speaks right up, huh? Whatever the circumstance, they did or did not talk, it seemed that TPTB were more comfortable with an outsider taking "it" out of the room for Jack to see in order to move this relationship forward. Thus, he goes to Sam in the observation room. BTW, you did a great job with conveying Jack in your dialogue!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            Wow! Impressive Threads discussions!

I read a quote this morning on my church's website (it's my homepage so I check out the quote of the day before I go anywhere else). Today's quote really sums up my "ship philiosophy"

"We perhaps need to snatch happiness in little pieces, learning to recognise the elements of happiness and then treasuring them while they last."

So as far as Threads goes for me, I grab every little bit of ship and hug the living daylights out of it I try not to analyse it too much, cos it would spoil my enjoyment of the shippy moments in it I love, those being:

That's a whole lot of ship for one ep!
            Don't forget that in Threads-Season 8
            Spoiler:
            Jacob and Sam do not react negatively to Jack calling or referring to Jacob as, "Dad!!" in past episodes. Um, how many times has Jack said "Dad?" Tell me I'm not confusing my fanfic reading with the show!!

I like your daily quote. I share your embracing each little shippy moment. See how they build upon each other (see Majorsal's list)? Maybe toooooo slow but growing!!

Which leads me to remind you all that there are

21 DAYS UNTIL SEASON 9 PREMIERE ON JULY 15
            sigpic

Comment

Just a quick heads up to the new family members

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel
              - the Shipper Alpha Site for times when GW's not about...run by yours densely (me), _Anubis and GateBee

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction
              - a chill out zone for fic writers with a variety of stories by several authors for you to read!

http://s11.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Omega
              The beta site for shippers. Run by Anubis and MagnaDefender!

NOTE: Following contain S8 spoilers
              http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/Potatohead.htm
              Mala's MUST-SEE potatohead collection
              http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/GWShipGraphics2.htm
              and more MUST-SEE Mala creations
              http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm
              The FAMOUS SHIPPER TOWN MAP!
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=20
              Some penguin madness
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=33
              some more Mala goodness
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=49
              the slapstick penguins
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....0&postcount=72
              a relic from the red dinger who couldn't speel
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....7&postcount=91
              just LMAO!!
              and...
              http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/m...aredreamT2.gif
              my personal fave!
              sigpic

Comment

What's the point of putting the "spoiler" thingy on season eight discussions anymore in this thread? We keep forgetting to. Hee hee. Oh! I love the nightmare into a dream thing. NICE! very awesome. Oh, and........*drumroll, please*

Welcome to the Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread, jackoneill!!YAAAAAAY!

Okay, my moment of insanity is done.

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
                my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=338
                  and another one...spoilers for Assinity.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dannyluver - in the UK, s8 is yet to air on terrestial TV...it's only aired on cable...some people here might not have seen the eps yet, plus it's forum rules...

better to be safe than sorry!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=338
                      and another one...spoilers for Assinity.
                      It's "Affinity"...oh well!

OH MY GOSH! THAT SO ROCKS! HAHAHA!

Very nice.

my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        let's reminisce and squee!

spoilers for ALL seasons

going down memory lane...

s1 -

children of the gods - jack and sam first laying eyes on one another and 'enjoying' it.

emancipation - jack admiring sam in the blue dress.

the broca divide - sam jumping jack in the locker room! THE first 'i'm really hot for you baby' vibe.

solitudes - sam and jack snuggling together to keep warm. *wink, wink*

there but for the grace of god - our first glimpse that sam and jack belong together.

s2 -

in the line of duty - jack caring about sam. a LOT.

secrets - flirty in front of dad.

out of mind - naked sam! jack notices!

s3 -

into the fire - naked sam! jack notices! hugging for heat. *wink, wink*

point of view - two carters. jack notices. another sign that sam and jack belong together.

jolinar's memories/the devil you know - jack worried about sam. deeply.

a hundred days - our official sign that sam's got it bad for jack.

s4 -

small victories - jack teases. sam throws her mega-watt smile in reply. *sigh*

divide and conquer - they confess to their feelings.

window of opportunity - jack cops a feel of sam's mouth.

beneath the surface - suppressed feeling that are so strong, they punch through their rewritten personalities.

the serpent's venom - jack likes sam's tummy.

2010 - look what happens when sam and jack don't get together. end of the world. nuff said.

the light - sam and jack's first argument. with touching. and looks.

entity - sam's taken over. jack reacts. sam almost dies. jack's going to follow.

s5 -

the fifth man - sam literally goes rambo in the gateroom to get back to jack.

desperate measures - jack has to find sam. at all costs.

proving ground - flirting! jello!

the warrior - jack shows off sam. i mean shows off sam's shooting skills.

s6 -

descent - sam and jack wet.

frozen - sam begs jack to take a symbiote. jack can't say no. to sam.

paradise lost - jack's missing. sam decomposes.

metamorphosis - sam's head on jack's shoulder. jack's ready to sacrifice himself to save her.

s7 -

evolution(s) - sam and jack share a 'moment' in her lab, before leaving separately into danger. after surviving, they share lunch. *wink, wink*

grace - sam coming to terms with her feelings for jack. or so she thinks. HOT KISS!!!

chimera - jack's hurting when sam goes for another guy.

death knell - jack comforts sam after she almost dies. snuggles!

heroes part one - sam gets uncomfortable when quizzed about her feelings for jack.

heroes part two - sam and jack have a MAJOR hug of comfort, relief, and grief.

lost city(s) - jack's going to die. sam tries to tell him her feelings. sam calls o'neill jack. sam grieves and touches her hand to his frozen face.

s8 -

new order(s) - sam almost dies to save jack. sam's very happy to see jack's alive and well. *sweet* promotion ceremony. *ceremony... wink, wink*

zero hour - jack and sam tease.

avatar - sam and jack against daniel and teal'c.

affinity - sam questions. jack grieves.

gemini - sam can't shoot jack.

citizen joe - jack stops joe from revealing jack's feelings for sam.

threads - THE moment of truth for sam and jack. sam tries to talk. he says always. sam dumps pete and kerry dumps jack. FISHING!

moebius(s) - another sign that sam and jack belong together. always. FISHING!

~~~

*sighs*

sally
                        I love this, majorsal. But why do I get the feeling I'm riding up-hill at the beginning of this post, reach the top (major ship), then I start coasting leisurely down the hill.
                        Spoiler:
                        Not counting Threads and M1&2, which left me at the top of the hill again, just not quite sure how I got there. Stupid Rollercoaster.
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Dannyluver...the shipper family knows of no such episode called Affinity...we christened evil hour...'assinity' instead!!!!!!!

Hmm...methinks it's time for shipper family history 101!

But I gotta go and work...majorsal...token anyone who's been here longer than me care to do the honours???
                          sigpic

Comment

That's kinda how I saw it too! Then, of course with Threads and Moebius, It shoots up again!! That's why I love it so! *sigh*

my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

I've got a new photobucket with some on my creations on display...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Wow...I read it completely differently than you did.

I don't think Jack told Kerry a blessed thing about Sam and I think what he DIDN'T say spoke volumes.

I think Kerry paid attention and felt the vibe that coursed back and forth between Sam and Jack. She saw how uncomfortable he was with Sam being there. She saw how uncomfortable Sam was seeing Kerry there with Jack...and not because she had "found out their secret."

Kerry being with the CIA already has keen instincts about people (although not much skill was required in detecting the elephant in the room) could read the tells both Jack and Sam were giving off...the way he sloshed his beer, the way she postured herself in front of them...

I think that any convo between the two of them after Sam left went something like this...

Kerry: I hope her dad's okay.

Jack (lost in thought, watching Sam walk around the side of his house): Yeah me too.

Kerry (still picking up signals, pauses a moment before continuing): So...that was odd, wasn't it?

Jack (still staring off after Sam, doesn't fully hear what Kerry's saying): Hmmm?

Kerry: Colonel Carter? It was strange her showing up like that...

Jack (still moderately distracted, turns toward Kerry briefly before heading back to the grill): Uh yeah. I guess so.

Kerry (suspicious about how quiet he is): So...what exactly did she want again?

Jack (lost in his thoughts as he mindlessly toys with the black substances formerly known as steaks still burning on the grill): Oh, um...she just wanted to talk shop. You know how it is...

Kerry (tilts her head to the side): Really? She wanted to talk about work? Because I got the impression that...

Jack (interrupting): So uh you ready to eat? I'm thinkin' these steaks are nearing perfection here and I'd HATE to overdo them.

Kerry (eyeing the charred flesh as Jack plops them onto plates, replies sardonically): Yeah...that'd be a shame...

Jack smiles wryly as he backs into the house carrying their food in with him. They were supposed to have eaten OUTSIDE.

Kerry (wistfully, to herself by herself as she follows him inside): A real shame...

I agree, I don't think Jack opened up to Kerry, in fact I think he shut down. They probably made small talk while they ate. I imagine the tone of the afternoon changed considerably after Sam left.

I also wondered if Jack made a effort to keep Kerry and Sam apart on Kerrys visits to the SGC. She was suppose to head up the investigation into the NID but had appearently never had talked or interviewed Sam. Sam had just as much dealings with the NID as Jack, maybe more. Just a thought that maybe she had asked to interview Sam and Jack always gave her a excuse not to.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X