X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=majorsal]spoilers for s7, s8, and s9

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)... //

i saw sam comfortable with ps in chimera (well, up until he went super spy that is ), but i saw a LOT of uncomfortableness from her in affinity.

sally
    Sure...there was more awkwardness than in Chimera...which is where I saw them the most comfortable together (and where I mourned the possible loss of one of my favorite couples of all time)...but the ENTIRE episode of Threads was one REALLY uncomfortable moment between Sam and Pete....

Oh and just to ask you all...how many of you participated in Blue Jello Week? I had emails from people all over the world! I hope you joined in too....

Well, DID YA??!??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl12000
      Well part of good writing is continuity and they should know that by now! is anyone else severly irked?
      Hecky yeah! Severely irked! It's not like we made up or asked for the ship. The writers gave it to us. Perfectly happy watching the show and they wrote it in that these characters cared about each other but were being kept apart. They continually drop tidbits (and try to pretend that we imagined or read more into it) and that really burns me! And even though I know it's just a show, O'Neill's character is starting to look like the type to lead women on.
      Spoiler:
      Kerry would have been stuck with a man in love with another woman for how log
      Fulfill Sam or set her free! Can anyone say "closure"? At this point, I'd be satified if Jack just confessed his feelings with an explanation of why he can't be with her!
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
        Whom did Jack "admit" it to "in a roundabout way"? (We got the shortened version of Threads so lots and lots was cut)
        Here's the scene from Threads:

Kerry in Jack's office....

====================

Kerry: I really like you. We're good together.

Jack: Yes. We are. But?

Kerry: You have issues. It's OK -- we all do. There's just one big one in particular that I don't think I can love with. (Jack raises his eyebrows. Kerry flinches and corrects herself.) Live with. I need to get out before I get more involved. We can still work together, can't we? I'd hate to have to ask for reassignment. This is really important to me. We agreed this would never affect the job.

Jack: We did.

Kerry: Good. (She smiles and walks towards the door, then turns and puts her hands on her hips.) You know, there's just one thing I don't understand.

Jack: Just one?

Kerry: Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart? Rules and regulations? 'Cause if it is, you're making a very big mistake.

O'NEILL: And you know what I should do?

JOHNSON: Retire.

O'NEILL: Again.

JOHNSON: Don't get me wrong -- you are considered invaluable to the program by the Pentagon, but the President has appointed a civilian to run the S.G.C. before. (Jack nods.) Just a thought. (She leaves the room, leaving Jack looking pensive and bothered by what she's made him think about.)

====================

By his not correcting her personal observation or even indicating that she was off on her read on things he in fact confirmed that she was seeing the situation correctly. She wasn't wrong, of course...she saw it as soon as Sam showed up in his yard (just look at the way Kerry watches the two of them...especially the way she watches Jack watch Sam leave...and furthermore, riddle me this...WHY WOULD THE SITUATION HAVE BEEN AWKWARD if there had been no vibe between Jack and Sam???)

Which of course put Jack back in square one...poor guy was just hoping for something that he could have with a woman...I mean he was trying to deal with the fact that Sam was about to get married and they couldn't be together...and doggone it all, if the first woman (or at least the first we're privvy to) sees right through the façade to the heart of the matter...which was that his heart belonged to someone else...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          . ... By his not correcting her personal observation or even indicating that she was off on her read on things he in fact confirmed that she was seeing the situation correctly. She wasn't wrong, of course...she saw it as soon as Sam showed up in his yard (just look at the way Kerry watches the two of them...especially the way she watches Jack watch Sam leave...and furthermore, riddle me this...WHY WOULD THE SITUATION HAVE BEEN AWKWARD if there had been no vibe between Jack and Sam???)

Which of course put Jack back in square one...poor guy was just hoping for something that he could have with a woman...I mean he was trying to deal with the fact that Sam was about to get married and they couldn't be together...and doggone it all, if the first woman (or at least the first we're privvy to) sees right through the façade to the heart of the matter...which was that his heart belonged to someone else...

Good points Uber. I guess I have to stop being mad at Jack. Here's another observation -- who the heck dresses Sam? I mean, of course there's the uniforms (which can't be helped) and she looks chic and tough when they're on a mission still on Earth, but when it comes to casual -- I was so mad for our girl cause they made her look dumpy next to Kerry. Especially her skirt! Anybody else notice how frumpy they dress Sam whenver she wears a skirt?

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            You are right Uber, we should separate the actor from the character ... any pretty pics of DDL so we can start practicing
            He was kinda cute in Chimera (doesn't compare with our boy though); but in Season 8 -- he's just one of those DeLuise boys -- kinda on the chunnky side.

Comment

pic fr stargate1971

Sam: Jack, what is wrong.
              Jack: Season 9 is about to start and we won't get to see each other at all.
              Sam: Don't worry. My love is strong. Those new guys they throw at me are no match. Remember....always.
              Jack: Always...Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                ... What good does it do to have her see them together if it doesn't affects her deeply? And since Jack breaks up with Kerry so soon afterward, she knows that Kerry was never really any competition, so why should she worry about it? [/spoiler]
                Every one else has gone to bed and I'm still catching up on all the great posts.
                Spoiler:
                REMEMBER, SAM DOESN'T KNOW JACK AND KERRY HAVE BROKEN UP. And for the record, Kerry broke up with Jack, not vice versa. Jack was as closed off as ever in expressing any emotion at Kerry's leaving (cool with me), but that's why I was so jealous for Sam. Jack must have confided (actually shared his feelings about Sam) with Kerry. How dare he talk to that bimbo and yet clams up with Sam! The writers should as least clue the audiece in into Jack's thoughts and reasoning for why he feels they can't be together.

Comment

let's reminisce and squee!

spoilers for ALL seasons

going down memory lane...

s1 -

children of the gods - jack and sam first laying eyes on one another and 'enjoying' it.

emancipation - jack admiring sam in the blue dress.

the broca divide - sam jumping jack in the locker room! THE first 'i'm really hot for you baby' vibe.

solitudes - sam and jack snuggling together to keep warm. *wink, wink*

there but for the grace of god - our first glimpse that sam and jack belong together.

s2 -

in the line of duty - jack caring about sam. a LOT.

secrets - flirty in front of dad.

out of mind - naked sam! jack notices!

s3 -

into the fire - naked sam! jack notices! hugging for heat. *wink, wink*

point of view - two carters. jack notices. another sign that sam and jack belong together.

jolinar's memories/the devil you know - jack worried about sam. deeply.

a hundred days - our official sign that sam's got it bad for jack.

s4 -

small victories - jack teases. sam throws her mega-watt smile in reply. *sigh*

divide and conquer - they confess to their feelings.

window of opportunity - jack cops a feel of sam's mouth.

beneath the surface - suppressed feeling that are so strong, they punch through their rewritten personalities.

the serpent's venom - jack likes sam's tummy.

2010 - look what happens when sam and jack don't get together. end of the world. nuff said.

the light - sam and jack's first argument. with touching. and looks.

entity - sam's taken over. jack reacts. sam almost dies. jack's going to follow.

s5 -

the fifth man - sam literally goes rambo in the gateroom to get back to jack.

desperate measures - jack has to find sam. at all costs.

proving ground - flirting! jello!

the warrior - jack shows off sam. i mean shows off sam's shooting skills.

s6 -

descent - sam and jack wet.

frozen - sam begs jack to take a symbiote. jack can't say no. to sam.

paradise lost - jack's missing. sam decomposes.

metamorphosis - sam's head on jack's shoulder. jack's ready to sacrifice himself to save her.

s7 -

evolution(s) - sam and jack share a 'moment' in her lab, before leaving separately into danger. after surviving, they share lunch. *wink, wink*

grace - sam coming to terms with her feelings for jack. or so she thinks. HOT KISS!!!

chimera - jack's hurting when sam goes for another guy.

death knell - jack comforts sam after she almost dies. snuggles!

heroes part one - sam gets uncomfortable when quizzed about her feelings for jack.

heroes part two - sam and jack have a MAJOR hug of comfort, relief, and grief.

lost city(s) - jack's going to die. sam tries to tell him her feelings. sam calls o'neill jack. sam grieves and touches her hand to his frozen face.

s8 -

new order(s) - sam almost dies to save jack. sam's very happy to see jack's alive and well. *sweet* promotion ceremony. *ceremony... wink, wink*

zero hour - jack and sam tease.

avatar - sam and jack against daniel and teal'c.

affinity - sam questions. jack grieves.

gemini - sam can't shoot jack.

citizen joe - jack stops joe from revealing jack's feelings for sam.

threads - THE moment of truth for sam and jack. sam tries to talk. he says always. sam dumps pete and kerry dumps jack. FISHING!

moebius(s) - another sign that sam and jack belong together. always. FISHING!

~~~

*sighs*

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                    a little finger touching from Sam and Jack ...because we believe that it is so

pic fr stargate1971
                    Yahoo!!!!

*jumps up and down*

That is one of my favorite pictures from Urgo!!!

*continues to jump up and down*

I loved Urgo. Happy and SHIPPY!!! Nothing too obvious, but little hints, like that picture!!!

Thanks for posting it, gatebee!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      let's reminisce and squee!

spoilers for ALL seasons

going down memory lane...

s1 -
                      s2 -
                      s3 -
                      s4 -
                      s5 -
                      s6 -
                      s7 -
                      s8 -
                      FISHING!

~~~

*sighs*

sally

WOW! MajorSal!

Thanks for the recap! It was a much needed reminder of how their relationship grew. Slowly but surely!

Comment

Every one else has gone to bed and I'm still catching up on all the great posts.
                        Spoiler:
                        REMEMBER, SAM DOESN'T KNOW JACK AND KERRY HAVE BROKEN UP. And for the record, Kerry broke up with Jack, not vice versa. Jack was as closed off as ever in expressing any emotion at Kerry's leaving (cool with me), but that's why I was so jealous for Sam. Jack must have confided (actually shared his feelings about Sam) with Kerry. How dare he talk to that bimbo and yet clams up with Sam! The writers should as least clue the audiece in into Jack's thoughts and reasoning for why he feels they can't be together.
                        Wow...I read it completely differently than you did.

I don't think Jack told Kerry a blessed thing about Sam and I think what he DIDN'T say spoke volumes.

I think Kerry paid attention and felt the vibe that coursed back and forth between Sam and Jack. She saw how uncomfortable he was with Sam being there. She saw how uncomfortable Sam was seeing Kerry there with Jack...and not because she had "found out their secret."

Kerry being with the CIA already has keen instincts about people (although not much skill was required in detecting the elephant in the room) could read the tells both Jack and Sam were giving off...the way he sloshed his beer, the way she postured herself in front of them...

I think that any convo between the two of them after Sam left went something like this...

=================================

Kerry: I hope her dad's okay.

Jack (lost in thought, watching Sam walk around the side of his house): Yeah me too.

Kerry (still picking up signals, pauses a moment before continuing): So...that was odd, wasn't it?

Jack (still staring off after Sam, doesn't fully hear what Kerry's saying): Hmmm?

Kerry: Colonel Carter? It was strange her showing up like that...

Jack (still moderately distracted, turns toward Kerry briefly before heading back to the grill): Uh yeah. I guess so.

Kerry (suspicious about how quiet he is): So...what exactly did she want again?

Jack (lost in his thoughts as he mindlessly toys with the black substances formerly known as steaks still burning on the grill): Oh, um...she just wanted to talk shop. You know how it is...

Kerry (tilts her head to the side): Really? She wanted to talk about work? Because I got the impression that...

Jack (interrupting): So uh you ready to eat? I'm thinkin' these steaks are nearing perfection here and I'd HATE to overdo them.

Kerry (eyeing the charred flesh as Jack plops them onto plates, replies sardonically): Yeah...that'd be a shame...

Jack smiles wryly as he backs into the house carrying their food in with him. They were supposed to have eaten OUTSIDE.

Kerry (wistfully, to herself by herself as she follows him inside): A real shame...

=================================
                        Last edited by Uber; 24 June 2005, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Wow! Impressive Threads discussions!

I read a quote this morning on my church's website (it's my homepage so I check out the quote of the day before I go anywhere else). Today's quote really sums up my "ship philiosophy"

"We perhaps need to snatch happiness in little pieces, learning to recognise the elements of happiness and then treasuring them while they last."

So as far as Threads goes for me, I grab every little bit of ship and hug the living daylights out of it I try not to analyse it too much, cos it would spoil my enjoyment of the shippy moments in it I love, those being:

Spoiler:
                          1. meeting Jacob (I see that as shippy cos it shows just how great Jack is compared to It says something when Jack's interpersonal skills are better! )

2. Sam and Jack in his backyard

3. Kerry breaking up with Jack. She picks up on those vibes soooo quickly - because they're so strong IMO.

4. Always infirmary scene

5. Fishing scene.

That's a whole lot of ship for one ep!
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you think my fic is worthy of posting it in the fanfics? I've written two more parts that continue on from what I posted here earlier. My daughter reads them and she loved them, but saying that, she is only 9 and a HUGE Jack and Sam fan.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I thought of it completely different. I think that he didn't confide in her his feelings for Sam, Kerry just figured it out. It doesn't seem like Jack to openly discuss his feelings for Sam, especially to his GF. I think it was really nice of Kerry to say something about it instead of getting mad at him, and doing the whole screaming thing. I believe the episode really showed how great of a character Kerry is by how she realized Jack's feelings and confronted them like a civil person.

Comment

Originally posted by JackONeill
                                I thought of it completely different. I think that he didn't confide in her his feelings for Sam, Kerry just figured it out. It doesn't seem like Jack to openly discuss his feelings for Sam, especially to his GF. I think it was really nice of Kerry to say something about it instead of getting mad at him, and doing the whole screaming thing. I believe the episode really showed how great of a character Kerry is by how she realized Jack's feelings and confronted them like a civil person.
                                i thought that too
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X