Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger.

That's funny, Nell! What about Ashton Kutcher and and Demi Moore? Heheh.
    "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
      Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger.

That's funny, Nell! What about Ashton Kutcher and and Demi Moore? Heheh.
      Now that's funny!!! Hee, hee!! But, this is what our Sam and Jack may look like in 15 years from now!!! Pretty good, I'd say!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        You are right Uber, we should separate the actor from the character ... any pretty pics of DDL so we can start practicing
        Oh, please, no!!!! At least, not here.

No, sorry, no cute, puppy dog eyes on him IMO. I have separated the character from the actor.

The character was an over-possessive moron who wouldn't let Sam be herself, and who destroyed my ship. So yes, I hated him.

The actor was somebody who came in to do a role, and probably would have been written out after one episode if it wasn't for who he was related to. I know Hollywood lives on nepotism, but I don't have to like it. Add to that I find him very physically unattractive and you have my reason for disliking the actor. I guess it's true about beauty being in the eye of the beholder!

I'm sorry if you don't agree with anything I've said, but I wanted to clarify that I *have* separated the character from the actor.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          WWWHA????

DDL has sweet puppy dog eyes...

Don't confuse the idiot character he played with the gorgeous actor folks!

There was never a Sam and David DeLuise story here...

So don't boil HIM alive!!!

FCOL...

yeah, uber, but what if a person (myself) doesn't find him sexually attractive? no boiling, no picking on DAVID... just maybe some women out there aren't attracted to the guy. i know that affected 'some' of my feelings for the guy/storyline.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7, s8, and s9

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)... //

i saw sam comfortable with ps in chimera (well, up until he went super spy that is ), but i saw a LOT of uncomfortableness from her in affinity.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
              I was also thinking again of the X-files series finale. Mulder was gone for what two seasons? Then they bring him back for the Mulder/ Scully relationship resolution. Hopefully it will be the same sort of senario for our favorite soul mates.

Nooooooooo!!!!! The XF finale was horrible, and I hope for much much much much better for Jack and Sam. By the time The Truth aired, I didn't even want Scully and Mulder together because of her many betrayals of him in the last two seasons. By that point, he was just too good for her. And believe me, as an avid shipper, it takes a great deal to push me to that point.

I want a "happily ever after" for Sam and Jack. No matter what it takes. <g> And gosh darn it all, I want to *see* it - and soon!
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Nooooooooo!!!!! The XF finale was horrible, and I hope for much much much much better for Jack and Sam. By the time The Truth aired, I didn't even want Scully and Mulder together because of her many betrayals of him in the last two seasons. By that point, he was just too good for her. And believe me, as an avid shipper, it takes a great deal to push me to that point.

I want a "happily ever after" for Sam and Jack. No matter what it takes. <g> And gosh darn it all, I want to *see* it - and soon!
                Yeah, you're right. Okay, worse case senario. Forgive me for my unbelief. Chris Carter always said M and S wouldn't get together so when that final episode came around I was enthralled.

Comment

Hi Everybody: Here's a few ramblings for the night:

I was checking out GateWorld's home page and I have a question. Why haven't they published SG-1's S9 publicity photos yet? I would have thought that the would have wanted to push (oops, a little harsh) promote the new characters. It's going to be strange not seeing RDA in the opening credits, etc. I'm also anxious to see how AT looks after Baby Olivia. I bet she looks great.

In regards to the new characters, I never watched Farscape so I really don't know much about Ben Browder. I can't say I'm overly fond of the way in which they are portraying Vala--a little too much leather.

Oh well, I hope that Avalon gives us something--anything--to validate the fact that Sam and Jack have made the decision to move their relationship forward, in a public, mature fashion.

Have a good night everyone.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    well-the chop job on threads could have been worse-and no-i have no idea how much worse-but there you are. however, my big complaint
                    Spoiler:
                    was that there was no previous indication that anybody was unhappy about anything....jack moved on with Kerry and appeared to be happy, sam was engaged and appeared to be happy, nothing from jacob that sam should have been worried about his reaction-the whole thing appeared to have come out of the blue. there was no indication that sam had second or third thoughts or that she was uncomfortable with marrying pete or that she was afraid of what Jacob would say. why did she go to Jack? what made Kerry wonder about what was going on between Jack and Sam. Threads was a nice thought-but they didn't complete the process.
                    I agree. "Threads"
                    Spoiler:
                    I can't love Threads for a few reasons.
                    -the S/J storyline still felt incomplete at the end
                    -Jacob dies (for what?)
                    -we don't get a moment with them alone and there is no conversation
                    -we don't see what Kerry sees, which makes her end her relationship with Jack

it had potential, but not a lot of resolution. at the end of the show, we know he knows he loves her and we know she knows she loves him, and we get a sense that they each know the other loves them-- but since I could have said that back in season 4, I would have liked more progress in this episode. wasn't this the official S/J resolution ep? Isn't RDA not gonna be around much in the 9th season? I wish we could have seen that first talk, but it seems we're just going to jump forward in the S/J storyline.

I hate that shippers must always live in the land of SUBTLE.

ship sistah
                    Last edited by sacme; 23 June 2005, 07:25 PM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      yeah, uber, but what if a person (myself) doesn't find him sexually attractive? no boiling, no picking on DAVID... just maybe some women out there aren't attracted to the guy. i know that affected 'some' of my feelings for the guy/storyline.

sally
                      I never found him attractive either. When AT commented on how cute he was I was like "what the heck are you talking about?" No offense, but cute is gray hair and those intense, brown eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        snip

Who says we run a caption competition just now????

I'll give you a piccy...you make the captions!

it's a biggy! courtesy of rdanderson.com
                        Jack: there are a gazillion shippers watching us right now-- lets make it good.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          Jack: there are a gazillion shippers watching us right now-- lets make it good.
                          I love it! That's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Token

god, what a good-looking couple.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

a little finger touching from Sam and Jack ...because we believe that it is so

pic fr stargate1971

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                                You guys will have to keep us up to date when s9 starts cause who knows when we're going to get to see them on TV down here.

I will be extremely upset if tptb don't wrap up the relationship between Jack and Sam. They don't need to crack it over the audience's heads(although seeing them tie the knot would be a blessing). Most of us shippers would love to have a reference made every few eps, just a small mention would be fine. Having these people work together for 8 years, in the situation that they do, it's bound to raise their attractions to each other to the surface. We don't need to see the physical side of the relationship(well maybe), but we need acknowledgement of the commitment that they have made to each other. I also thought the ep where Jack broke up with Kerry and Sam broke it off with that it was "The One". Jack admitted to someone else,all be it in a round about way, that he did love Sam and Kerry's solution was right. Retire and run SGC as a civillian. It had been done before when Elizabeth ran it for a while before going off to Atlantis.

OK, so we can now assume that Jack didn't retire but he is also no longer her CO and that was always given as the reason they couldn't be together. Come on ptb, give us an ending to a long and anticipated relationship between Jack and Sam PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Whom did Jack "admit" it to "in a roundabout way"? (We got the shortened version of Threads so lots and lots was cut)
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X