Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tahnk you all for the "Happy Birthday"! I think the Sam/Jack shipper thread has the nicest people in it! I'm glad to be here in time for shipper day! I'm very excited, but what exactly does it entail?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Yep, my complaint too. If I hadn't read the spoilers, I would have never known that
      Spoiler:
      Jack was having a hard time moving on.

Another hole is
      Spoiler:
      how did Jacob know that Jack was interested in Sam and would step up to the plate? He was pushing her in that direction so how did he know? Jacob knew very little about Jack's personal life. For all Jacob knew, Jack could have had a steady gf.
      Anyway, Threads left me very unsatisfied. If they were going to do a involved ship story, they should have allocated enough time to do it right. It could have been a great story.
      I agree Threads could have been done a little better, however I'm just sortof happy that they threw us something...not quite a bone (it would have had to be more indepth) but at least they did give us something. All I know is that if its true that (slight spoiler, highlite)Sam isn't single anymore then she better be with Jack! I'll be irked if she's not!

Comment

SS Great points.TPTB idea of a follow up is having every Male guest Star fall for Sam.It will not be long before one of the Orii fall for Sam.TPTB have put Sam and Jack through so many Life and Death situations and then not one Adult conversation.TPTB have treated Sam and Jack like robots.It's no wonder why some say there's nothing between Sam and Jack.I've said it before and I'll say it again.This show has lasted because the Fans care about the characters and not because TPTB have done a great Job.IMO
        Spoiler:
        Threads was very dissapointing.I know some Fans will disagree but Threads should have been 90% about Sam and Jack.Some people may not like it but IMO Sam and Jack are the 2 main stars of the Show.IMO they deserved one episode to wrap things up the right way.IMO Threads was more about Pete Jacob and Daniel then Sam and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          SS Great points.TPTB idea of a follow up is having every Male guest Star fall for Sam.It will not be long before one of the Orii fall for Sam.TPTB have put Sam and Jack through so many Life and Death situations and then not one Adult conversation.TPTB have treated Sam and Jack like robots.It's no wonder why some say there's nothing between Sam and Jack.I've said it before and I'll say it again.This show has lasted because the Fans care about the characters and not because TPTB have done a great Job.IMO
          Spoiler:
          Threads was very dissapointing.I know some Fans will disagree but Threads should have been 90% about Sam and Jack.Some people may not like it but IMO Sam and Jack are the 2 main stars of the Show.IMO they deserved one episode to wrap things up the right way.IMO Threads was more about Pete Jacob and Daniel then Sam and Jack.
          You are 500% right! Jack and Sam are a MAJOR aspect of the show... I don't know what it will be like next season without that! I'm wary of watching it, but I will because I do love the show...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
            I expected this scene to serve as a wake-up call to Sam.
            Spoiler:
            There's always been a chance that he could be killed in action, and as a soldier, Sam could deal with that, but I don't think it really occurred to her that he might move on with a significant other the way she has. It should have. I expected her to be shocked at the thought of losing him in a way she hadn't considered, but it didn't come across that way.

What would have been good would be to have a scene where she goes back to her car and sits there with her hand over her mouth or some other stunned expression where it's evident that she realizes she may have waited too long. This would tie into the earlier scene where she's sitting in her car trying to work up the nerve. What good does it do to have her see them together if it doesn't affects her deeply? And since Jack breaks up with Kerry so soon afterward, she knows that Kerry was never really any competition, so why should she worry about it?
            spoilers (highlite) I think she was deeply affected, but one of the reasons she left was that Jacob was dying, so if she sat in the car contemplating Jack while her father was sick, I think it would have been untrue to her caracter....plus she didn't know thatJack would brake up with Kerry... So give the writers a bit of slack, though I agree...

Comment

All that they do about Sam and Jack majorly affects the show! THEY NEED TO WORK ON IT MORE! darn it, you PTB. They are the two main characters of the show. If the relationship between them is a little weird, then, it totally messes up the relationship between the entire team. It think if RDA weren't leaving the show,
              Spoiler:
              They would have followed up on the Threads topic that Kerry addressed about Jack retiring and running the SGC as a civilian.
              They wrote all that down, and then RDA dropped the bomb. Though, I don't think the lack of "adult conversation" is what irks me. I mean, I can see how they couldn't have done that. Their previous "relationship" if you could even call it that was so serious because of the Airforce. "Threads" half satisfied me. I know they must have at least little hints of ship in the ninth season, or I will scream. *end long rant*

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
              my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

Well we all know that Threads
                Spoiler:
                Kerry broke up with Jack(even though some of us are still wondering why) and that Jack didn't make the effort to stop her walking out the door. But if Kerry hadn't ditched him, do you think Jack would have broken up with her? If so right away or would he waited and let the relationship run its course.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I think that he might have waited just a little bit later, but if
                  Spoiler:
                  she would be stupid not to notice the relationship between sam and jack before that, so I can see why he would break up with her

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
                  my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

dannyluver I'am not sure TPTB would have followed up
                    Spoiler:
                    Threads.TPTB had 8 Years to resolve the Sam and Jack Ship.I still hope one Day TPTB will finally resolve the Sam and Jack Ship.I also think with RDA cutting back his Time the last 2 Years it should not have been a shock to TPTB regarding RDA and Season 9.I think because of the Stargate Movie some Fans think Jack and Daniel are the 2 Stars on SG-1 when IMO it's really Sam and Jack that are the Stars on the TV Show.IMO SG-1 works best with Jack in the lead with Sam Daniel and Teal'C providing supporting roles.Even though SG-1 is about the entire Team a show still needs the one main character and that's Jack IMO.

Comment

Hi guys, this is how I would love a scene from Avalon go. Forgive me if it's a bit long but it's my first fic and I thought I'd post it here amongst other shippers. Please let me know what you think.

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter had just arrived in her office to begin what looked like being a busy day when her phone rang. Tempted not to answer but knowing that whoever was ringing already knew she was there. So she picked up the phone with a scowl on her face.
                      "Yes?"
                      "Col Carter, General O'Neill would like to see you in his office in 5 mins."
                      "O-Kay, I'll be there. Thank you Sergeant."

As she made her way up the his office Sam wondered what could be so important. SG1 weren't due to go off-world for another week, Teal'c was on Chulak and Daniel was? Well she didn't really know where Daniel was, but Daniel being Daniel, he was probably off researching some artefact somewhere.

After knocking and entering the General's office Jack told her to take a seat. He looked very intensely at her as if he didn't really know what to say, but he eventually began.

"Sam..."
                      Sam's head snaps up, "Sir?"
                      "Yes Sam, please let me finish. The reason I asked you in is because I wanted to tell you personally that I'm leaving the SGC."
                      "WHAT!! B-but you love the SGC sir. Why?" Sam asked in a state of shock.
                      "Well, there are a few reasons." he said and then proceeded to tick them off on his fingers.
                      "One, I feel I can do more for the SGC from the Pentagon. Two, I've stipulated that if I take this transfer I can choose who my replacement will be. And last but definately not least, for a very selfish and personal reason."
                      "Sir, no one could call you selfish."
                      "Thank you Sam."
                      There was her name again. What was going on? Oh God, what if he was sick?

"So, do you want to know my third reason?"
                      Sam nodded even as she voiced her answer.
                      "Well ever sice Kerry and I split up,I've been re-evaluating my life and I came to a conclussion." Jack stopped talking, trying to figure out how best to continue. He lowered his eyes to his desk and continued.
                      "I've decided that at this time in my life I should be enjoying my life with a woman at my side. A strong, smart, beautiful woman with whom I've been in love with for years."
                      When he finished, Jack raised his eys to look at a shocked Sam.
                      "You're doing this for me?"
                      "No Sam, I'm doing this for us. That is, if you want there to be an us?"
                      "Of course I do!"
                      "Well then, do you have something to say to me?"
                      "Wha...., oh yeah. I love you Sir."
                      "Sam, you CAN call me Jack when you say that."
                      Sam blushed " Yes Jack." It sounded weird to hear his name on her lips. But in her dreams, she'd been calling him Jack for years.
                      "I love you Jack."

Jack looked out to the breifing room to make sure no one was around. Standing up, he closed the corridor door and went to take Sam's hand, lifting her out of her chair and into his arms. Finally, he brought his lips to hers in a kiss that was years in the making. It started soft and gentle but then his passion for this woman overtook him and he deepened the kiss. Sam fell in love with him all over again.

Finally they broke apart.
                      "How about dinner tonight?"
                      "Oh yes, but Jack I don't know if I can wait that long."
                      "Oh me neither, but until everything goes through with my transfer we still have the regs to deal with."
                      "When?"
                      "Only about 2 weeks. I've already choosen my replacement. He's already going through our security check and breifing."
                      "Jack, I am so happy!"
                      "Me too Sam, me too."

With another breif kiss Jack sent Sam back to her lab with both of them thinking of the night to come.

Well there it is. Please tell me what you think. I'd really like to know how I did for my first time. Be kind please but I would appreciate constructive critisism.
                      Last edited by divcon; 23 June 2005, 05:29 PM.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Nice Job, Divcon!!!

I really like it! Especially the part:

"You're doing this for me?"
                        "No Sam, I'm doing this for us. That is, if you want there to be an us?"

Very nice touch!!!

Comment

Hey guys...it's been awhile. I'm just popping in to say what's up. I was wondering if any of you have read or heard what episodes Jack might make guest appearances in for season 9.
                          "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/ I've pondered about what the 15 year age difference between Sam and Jack would look like when she enters her 50's. That would place Jack around 70!! Well, I was at Barnes and Noble the other evening and saw the recent issue of Architectural Digest. I think this is my peek into the future.

Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger. He's a tall, solidly built, and take- charge man with a great sense of humor and she is a lovely, bright woman. They are parents of 7 children. The oldest is an adult; I don't know the age of the younger kids but maybe teens.

See the link for their portrait on the cover. I checked FAQ but I was unable to figure how to post a link to the website. I think it's worth your time to copy and paste to see it. Tell me what you think!! nell

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                              sg-1fanintn-we have an old southern saying here in Texas too-"If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." them boys from vancouver-do not realize how unhappy momma is these days.
                              Yep, that's a good one too!

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                              I expected this scene to serve as a wake-up call to Sam.
                              Spoiler:
                              There's always been a chance that he could be killed in action, and as a soldier, Sam could deal with that, but I don't think it really occurred to her that he might move on with a significant other the way she has. It should have. I expected her to be shocked at the thought of losing him in a way she hadn't considered, but it didn't come across that way.

I think the news that her dad
                              Spoiler:
                              was seriously ill put all thoughts of Jack out of Sam's mind for a little while. Remember, she had no idea Jacob was sick. I think she reacted to the shocking news that he was critically ill as any daughter would have......

As to why Kerry did what she did after observing Sam and Jack, I wrote a little fan fic (my one and only so far) that attempts to explain that. If you like, you can read it at: I did write a fan fic (my one and only so far) about why Kerry did what she did. If you like, you can read it at:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lizations.html

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Spoiler:
                              how did Jacob know that Jack was interested in Sam and would step up to the plate? He was pushing her in that direction so how did he know?
                              I think Jacob has observed Jack and Sam enough over the years that he already realized what their feelings for each other were.

Comment

I was also thinking again of the X-files series finale. Mulder was gone for what two seasons? Then they bring him back for the Mulder/ Scully relationship resolution. Hopefully it will be the same sort of senario for our favorite soul mates.
                                "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Working...
                                X