Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UBER on this 26TH DAY UNTIL Season 9 Premiere!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Whoops...a friend reminded me about forum rules regarding manips...

So I beg birthday indulgences just this once...I mean, I'm getting up there in age now...so cut an aging shipper a little slack this one time...

You can't be old, Uber! Because if you are, it makes some of us.......well.....ancient! So trust me, you're not "getting up there." Not yet!
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 19 June 2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

*sniff*

not ONE of my family members have called me yet. major bummer.

what would i do without my shipper fam?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Happy Birthday Uber!!!!!!!
          Hope you have a great day

Comment

Hiya, just popped in to say....

Jack: Happy Birthday Uber (((((((hugs)))))))

Sam: Happy Birthday WHO?????

Jack: You know Sam, Mary Beth, don't be jealous... she sent you all the Blue Jello

Sam: Ah, OK, if it's Mary Beth, then no problem

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
              I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings ....
              you know, gatebee, that's very insightful of you and definite yes from me.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                wooo-wooo way to go Gatebee!! Make a shipper out of the man

I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*
                i LOVE that line i bolded! and part of that 'affliction' is because she's spent so much time trying to deny it from her soul.

through the years, we've watched them go from attraction to enchantment to love to being in love... all the while both trying to deny that the other's getting so deep under their skin. i totally believe that sam and jack are soul mates. i think 'threads' showed that more than anything.

sally

(edited to add: i just realize you wrote affected, not afflicted... )
                Last edited by majorsal; 19 June 2005, 05:11 PM. Reason: i don't have my glasses on..
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  you know, gatebee, that's very insightful of you and definite yes from me.

sally
                  Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.
                    totally agree, uber.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                      I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that.
                      Originally posted by majorsal
                      through the years, we've watched them go from attraction to enchantment to love to being in love... all the while both trying to deny that the other's getting so deep under their skin. i totally believe that sam and jack are soul mates. i think 'threads' showed that more than anything.

sally
                      Well like in THREADS....

My.....what a deep discussion for a pleasant Sunday evening! But I agree with what all of you have said.....and you've said it so well! And as much as Sam & Jack each felt the other cared, they put off getting confirmation. It was partly because it would change their ability to work together each day (and could jeopardize the planet's safety).....and partly because neither could imagine not being part of the SGC. But with the combination of , Kerry and 's purchase of the house, they both realized they couldn't wait to "bring it out of the room" any longer. And Jacob's death was thrown in to keep what should have been joyous moment for them from being fully expressed as they would have otherwise expressed and celebrated it.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                        Temptation
                        Another Jack and Sam fic...

It is shippy so beware.

Rated NC17 for sexual content.
                        (Yes, some of it qualifies as "TMI")
                        *very big evil grin*

When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.

Added 06/19/05
                        Spoilers through early season eight.

Special thanks to Tame for betaing this quickly in spite of her other obligations... Real life is such a pain!

Oh my goodness! That was wonderful, MeiMei! Sally Reeve has true competition! Give us more of that and the heck with SG-1!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well like in THREADS....

I have to say that I totally agree with you, Uber.

Oh yeah, better late than never... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                            Temptation
                            Another Jack and Sam fic...

It is shippy so beware.

Rated NC17 for sexual content.
                            (Yes, some of it qualifies as "TMI")
                            *very big evil grin*

When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.

Added 06/19/05
                            Spoilers through early season eight.

Special thanks to Tame for betaing this quickly in spite of her other obligations... Real life is such a pain!

(((((((((MeiMei)))))))) I think this is your best yet! And not too much "TMI" either.

I'm working on another fic, too. Since TPTB screwed up the ship, we just have to take matters into our own hands and write it the way it was meant to be written.

Comment

i'm going to reply to a post from the 'sam's a great character' thread here (because i'm going to be a total shipper here. )

original post, by skydiver: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=9732

Originally posted by skydiver

(snip)

now, they probably are right when they say that s9 would have been different had at been a full part. first of all, she'd be in all 20 eps. second of all, i've heard rumors that her 'packing' had to do with her being on daedelus and going to atlantis.
                              if that rumor is correct... i think i'd rather have it this way, because i thought sam's reaction to jack saying 'you've got packing to do' was odd. now, if this rumor is correct, then i'd prefer sam's odd reaction to be to the daedelus packing thing because i want sam's reaction to going fishing with jack (FINALLY) to be happy and excited. AND, she'd have already shown that reaction when jack invited her! or, sam asked/told jack herself that she wanted to go/was going.

thoughts, shippers?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                My.....what a deep discussion for a pleasant Sunday evening! But I agree with what all of you have said.....and you've said it so well! And as much as Sam & Jack each felt the other cared, they put off getting confirmation. It was partly because it would change their ability to work together each day (and could jeopardize the planet's safety).....and partly because neither could imagine not being part of the SGC. But with the combination of , Kerry and 's purchase of the house, they both realized they couldn't wait to "bring it out of the room" any longer. And Jacob's death was thrown in to keep what should have been joyous moment for them from being fully expressed as they would have otherwise expressed and celebrated it.

this ties in with what i was thinking about this morning...

what kind of reaction did sam expect from pete when she called off their relationship? he was upset, but i don't think she was expecting him to beg (like he'd mentioned to her). what i think is...

that moment in the infirmary i think told sam everything she needed to know about jack's feelings. here jack was literally on the verge of losing sam to another man. it had been happening and getting closer and closer, and yet... he wasn't deserting her. he said 'always', and he meant it. no matter if he lost her to pete, he was still going to be there for her. always.

maybe that's what sam was expecting to see a glimpse of from pete? she called off their wedding, but pete didn't say he'd still be in her life. okay, he was hurting, but... so was jack. he'd been there for her from the start, and the hardest thing he'd have to go through (besides losing her to death) would be seeing her go to another man. but he 'still' said he'd be there for her. always.

maybe this was sam's golden moment, when she finally saw the depth and true intentions of jack's feelings for her?

what do you guys think?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X