X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melpomene
    wooo-wooo way to go Gatebee!! Make a shipper out of the man

I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*
    waves at Mel ..... keep on going .... you are soo right ...

sorry can't remember where I got this pic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Thanks, sg-1fanintn! I went right to transcripts to read this and thought it so nice to share!!

BREGMAN: How do you feel about Colonel O'Neill?

CARTER: ah ... *Smiles* ... He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest, quite self effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he really is. Bottom line: He's an incredibly strong leader who's given more of himself for this program than anyone has given for ... *thinks* well ... anything I can imagine.

BREGMAN: You spend a lot of time together outside of work?

CARTER: err ... we don't get much time outside of work. When we do our personal interests are little different .

BREGMAN: did you ever hear the expression: opposites attract.

CARTER: *smiles* we have a very professional relationship

BREGMAN: Really? Do you ... Professional? After everything you've been through ... You must of ... maybe if it's not too much to say ... faced death together.

CARTER: Yeah ... not unlike countless Military personnel through out the years ... look I won't deny there's not a bond between us ... Daniel and Teal'c are also like family to me. Colonel is first and foremost my superior officer. Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows, kinda nods. Definitely nervous.
      Oh my....

My wonderful hubby just flipped a channel and this episode is on Fox11! RIGHT NOW!!! What a coincidence... I will see a blushing/nervous Sam (sort of) in a few minutes...

Comment

Ahhhh... there she is... blushing... Major Samantha Carter...
        Ohh, and the moment with Daniel running, just to see them following him... hillarious!!!

STARGATE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*
          I loved your unusually long speech

The rose-tinted glasses are great!!

Comment

MALA: "You are close to Colonel O'Neill..."

CARTER: "Yeah...I like to think we have a special relationship."

MALA: "I hope to, someday, have a special relationship..."

CARTER: "Oh! No, no...it's not like that..."

MALA: "Like what?"

CARTER: (fumbles for words) "W...ye...we aren't, you know, I mean, we don't..."

MALA: "I was speaking of the mutual respect you share."

CARTER: "I knew that..." (She clears her throat.)

This scene in Birthright reminds me of the questioning in Heroes. Sam is clearly uncomfortable and it just goes to show that there is something there. If it had been Daniel, like in "Fallen" when he asks her if there had ever been anything between them, she would have calmly dismissed it without getting all flustered.... but not when it refers to Jack.

Comment

Sam : "Jack, it's Uber's birthday and we don't have any gift for her !"
              Jack : "What about a kiss ?
              Sam : "Again ? Not that I'd complain..."
              Jack :"I'm sure she won't mind..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...ebiusPt2_5.jpg
              (posted in url tags because of Moebius spoilers )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !

Hope all your shippy dreams come true !
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...ebiusPt2_5.jpg
                (posted in url tags because of Moebius spoilers )
                mwa....I Love Birthdays!!

[[

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !
                Last edited by lonely_star; 19 June 2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
                  MALA: "You are close to Colonel O'Neill..."

CARTER: "Yeah...I like to think we have a special relationship."

MALA: "I hope to, someday, have a special relationship..."

CARTER: "Oh! No, no...it's not like that..."

MALA: "Like what?"

CARTER: (fumbles for words) "W...ye...we aren't, you know, I mean, we don't..."

MALA: "I was speaking of the mutual respect you share."

CARTER: "I knew that..." (She clears her throat.)

This scene in Birthright reminds me of the questioning in Heroes. Sam is clearly uncomfortable and it just goes to show that there is something there. If it had been Daniel, like in "Fallen" when he asks her if there had ever been anything between them, she would have calmly dismissed it without getting all flustered.... but not when it refers to Jack.
                  right I remember that Sam's face was gold !!
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                    mwa....I Love Birthdays!!

[[

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !
                    Uber congratualtions !!!!!!! happy birthday please get some jello out of the fridge and lets relive all the jack and sam moments with all of our shippers.
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Happy Birthday Uber!!

Hope you have a great one!
                      -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
                        Ahhhh... there she is... blushing... Major Samantha Carter...
                        Ohh, and the moment with Daniel running, just to see them following him... hillarious!!!

STARGATE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Yeah that was indeed a funny scene and yes stargate is the best show ever
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

I was wondering when here at gateworld there is a stargate day.You see we at our forum organize the 5th of July a Stargate Day and then all members come online and post a lot away. We plan on to relive all Jack and Sam moments on every episode together. All shippers here can come and join if they want but I wonder why isn't such a thing here at gateworld?
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                            I was wondering when here at gateworld there is a stargate day.You see we at our forum organize the 5th of July a Stargate Day and then all members come online and post a lot away. We plan on to relive all Jack and Sam moments on every episode together. All shippers here can come and join if they want but I wonder why isn't such a thing here at gateworld?
                            We don't have a Stargate Day as such, but we do have the annual shipper day. Last years 2nd Annual Shipper Day was a great success, and I, for one, am looking forward to this years extravaganza!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Ship Day is on July 28th.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                                *grins*

Possibly because every day is Stargate Day around here?

But even so... July 5th probably wouldn't be so hot for any event like that here in the States with July 4th being Independence Day. That's right smack in the middle of the time many people & families are taking their summer vacation. (This week through the 2nd week of July will be like ghosttowns in many offices.... and explains why many threads on the board are slowing down as we're all disappearing to take our RL breaks...)
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X