This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really upsets me is this

What will become of Sam and Jack's relationship in Season Nine?
    The writers have expressed that the characters' relationship has been essentially dealt with by the end of Season Eight. Because actor Richard Dean Anderson will no longer be a regular on the show, viewers should not expect their relationship to find its way into many stories.

Jack O'Neill will be promoted to lead the Homeworld Security division in Season Nine. As he will therefor still be higher up in Carter's chain of command, it does not seem likely that they are pursuing a romantic relationship off-camera just yet.
    Who says that he can be leader of Homeworld security division as a civilion?And what about General Hammond? Miss him. I really do !!
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Hey Gals, Let's take turns keeping the daily countdown for Season 9 Premiere!

27 DAYS

TO July 15 Stargate SG-1 Premiere
      still 27 days
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen it is our say if SG-1 lives or die! We are the consumers, they need us, we don't need them. I grew up in the era of Star Trek. They took it away and we fought for it's returns and what story lines we didn't get we wrote ourselves. The actors like Nimoy and Shatner who said they did't need Star Trek, came back to their fans who were their true bread and butter. It was the fans who kept it going! Keep the faith and don't walk away! Bring it on guys and see what kind of a respond you get from us! We're see who leaves laughing! The people who have control of the money are usually the ones that wins. I know my money is not going to anything SG-1 until I get satisfaction (and that includes conventions, sorry Gary)! We have each other and those wonderful shippers that write those great fics. I think we can lives on those until, the Great Birds of Vancouver lay the correct egg!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Hmm...looks like it's time to whip out the ol' rose color shipper glasses...

Ahhh...the glasses. One of my favorites!
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by dannyluver
            Oh, see, that's not what I get from that Urgo scene. For me, it is the most painful line in the entire history of the show. I feel so bad for Jack when Urgo says it. It's not really shippy--just awkward. I think the most obscure shippy moment is in Emancipation with the blue dress.
            Here, here Dannyluver! I also think the blue dress in Emancipation is the most obscure. The looks on all their faces was priceless.
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
              What really upsets me is this

Who says that he can be leader of Homeworld security division as a civilion?And what about General Hammond? Miss him. I really do !!
              OMG, where did that quote come from? Who said that the ship is over? I am looking forward to Season 9 for
              Spoiler:
              aat least a little bit of ship but this statement is sounding dismal.

My new perspective on S&J spoilers is this: DON'T LISTEN to Joe and the other TPTB. They are vague and tease alot. Like Jack once asked the Tollan, I ask TPTB, " do you practice being vague?" Anyway, I prefer the actors leaks and spoilers, notably Amanda and RDA. Remember Amanda said pre-Season 8 that
              Spoiler:
              Sam would learn to love in a relationship with for when Sam and Jack got together. And, RDA said Pete poses no threat to O'Neill. Both came true. Now in a recent interview with Amanda pre-Season 9 she said that Sam is single/celibitaire with the hint being Sam and Jack have a relationship. Now, Joe may have denied that in a recent Joe thread reply but I prefer to go with an actor's comment. I know, Amanda's comment fulfills my fantasies but so be it!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dannyluver
                Oh, see, that's not what I get from that Urgo scene. For me, it is the most painful line in the entire history of the show. I feel so bad for Jack when Urgo says it. It's not really shippy--just awkward. I think the most obscure shippy moment is in Emancipation with the blue dress.
                Ship is in the eyes of the beholder! That is what is so wonderful about our Shipper Family! We can each see as much or less ship as we so choose.

Now for awkward moments....I cringe at the scene in CoTG when Sam is verbally sparing with Jack in the meeting room. I found it hilarious that S8 Moebius 2
                Spoiler:
                Nerdy Sam refers to the whole "genitals on the inside" comment. LOL.

In Emancipation, I would say another obsure moment is when...

Teal'c: Pointing at the village. "The tracks lead directly there."

Jack: "Who owns the place?"

Mughal: "An enemy. A man who kills for pleasure. This is very bad."

Jack: "Well then we will go and get her tonight."

Mughal: "If we attack, there will be war. Turghan is allied with 22 clans. When he fights, he takes no prisoners."

Danny: "You mean they'd kill all of you?"

Mughal: "Yes. If you will wait until morning, I will go, and request a trade, he cannot refuse."

Teal'c: "But what will happen to Dr. Carter tonight if we wait."

Mughal: "Turghan will partake in his newest purchase."

Jack: "Oh, there's not a chance in hell."

Danny: "In our land, if a man wants a women, she can say no."

Mughal: "No one refuses, Turghan, and lives."

Jack: "Then we go now." They all start for the village.

Token ~

Comment

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
                  OMG, where did that quote come from? Who said that the ship is over? I am looking forward to Season 9 for
                  Spoiler:
                  aat least a little bit of ship but this statement is sounding dismal.

My new perspective on S&J spoilers is this: DON'T LISTEN to Joe and the other TPTB. They are vague and tease alot. Like Jack once asked the Tollan, I ask TPTB, " do you practice being vague?" Anyway, I prefer the actors leaks and spoilers, notably Amanda and RDA. Remember Amanda said pre-Season 8 that
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam would learn to love in a relationship with for when Sam and Jack got together. And, RDA said Pete poses no threat to O'Neill. Both came true. Now in a recent interview with Amanda pre-Season 9 she said that Sam is single/celibitaire with the hint being Sam and Jack have a relationship. Now, Joe may have denied that in a recent Joe thread reply but I prefer to go with an actor's comment. I know, Amanda's comment fulfills my fantasies but so be it!!!
                  You're right Nell! Let Joe tease us. I think sooner then later it's going to come back and bite him you know where!
                  Last edited by trupi; 18 June 2005, 06:35 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Hmm...

I'm trying to think of something shippy to ask...

What do you think is the most obscure shippy moment of all time???
                      How about Sam's interview with Bregman in Heroes, part 1, when he asks her how she feels about Jack O'Neill? She starts out very professional, but talks herself into a very awkward place before it's over. And Bregman really picked up on it!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Hmm...looks like it's time to whip out the ol' rose color shipper glasses...

thank (((((((( Uber )))))))))) for the glasses ....... it seems like light years since you last posted this pic .....sooo sooo lovely

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          How about Sam's interview with Bregman in Heroes, part 1, when he asks her how she feels about Jack O'Neill? She starts out very professional, but talks herself into a very awkward place before it's over. And Bregman really picked up on it!

Thanks, sg-1fanintn! I went right to transcripts to read this and thought it so nice to share!!

BREGMAN: How do you feel about Colonel O'Neill?

CARTER: ah ... *Smiles* ... He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest, quite self effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he really is. Bottom line: He's an incredibly strong leader who's given more of himself for this program than anyone has given for ... *thinks* well ... anything I can imagine.

BREGMAN: You spend a lot of time together outside of work?

CARTER: err ... we don't get much time outside of work. When we do our personal interests are little different .

BREGMAN: did you ever hear the expression: opposites attract.

CARTER: *smiles* we have a very professional relationship

BREGMAN: Really? Do you ... Professional? After everything you've been through ... You must of ... maybe if it's not too much to say ... faced death together.

CARTER: Yeah ... not unlike countless Military personnel through out the years ... look I won't deny there's not a bond between us ... Daniel and Teal'c are also like family to me. Colonel is first and foremost my superior officer. Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows, kinda nods. Definitely nervous.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            (((sueKay)))

Obscure shippy moment???.....hmmmm..... Just a quick off the top of my head moment...

In Urgo, Jack is caught thinking of a black bikini. I'm sure a certain blonde was wearing it!!
                            Ohh, I love that moment...

There are only a handful of moments where Jack gets embarrased in front of Sam. And that Urgo moment is one of them. The look on Sam's face is priceless... And Jack is just trying to deny the whole thing. I think it's very cute. Besides, he is a man enough to handle a little awkward moment.

Another awkward moment I can think of is when Jack gets invited to Skara's wedding...Remember that one?

Anyone can think of any other awkward Jack moments that involved Sam?

Comment

Thanks, sg-1fanintn! I went right to transcripts to read this and thought it so nice to share!!

BREGMAN: How do you feel about Colonel O'Neill?

CARTER: ah ... *Smiles* ... He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest, quite self effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he really is. Bottom line: He's an incredibly strong leader who's given more of himself for this program than anyone has given for ... *thinks* well ... anything I can imagine.

BREGMAN: You spend a lot of time together outside of work?

CARTER: err ... we don't get much time outside of work. When we do our personal interests are little different .

BREGMAN: did you ever hear the expression: opposites attract.

CARTER: *smiles* we have a very professional relationship

BREGMAN: Really? Do you ... Professional? After everything you've been through ... You must of ... maybe if it's not too much to say ... faced death together.

CARTER: Yeah ... not unlike countless Military personnel through out the years ... look I won't deny there's not a bond between us ... Daniel and Teal'c are also like family to me. Colonel is first and foremost my superior officer. Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows, kinda nods. Definitely nervous.
                              I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings .... hubby is looking over shoulder and agrees ... hehehehehe .... I have finally brought him over the "dark" side ...mwahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                                I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings .... hubby is looking over shoulder and agrees ... hehehehehe .... I have finally brought him over the "dark" side ...mwahahaha
                                wooo-wooo way to go Gatebee!! Make a shipper out of the man

I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*

Comment

Working...
                                X