This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Spoiler:
    Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
    "After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
    Not surprised. In fact I think I almost predicted it. We didn't like it when Cassie was forgotten after Heroes, now TPTB can say, "Hey, you didn't like it when Cassie wasn't mentioned, so now we are saying something about her!" Whaddaya want?"

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Aloha!

Well...Here's my advice on dealing with JM's cross-talk

1. Avoid reading it
      2. If you accidentally read what he's said...just think to yourself 'He's just a glorified fic writer who gets paid'
      3. remind yourself that all fic writers get distracted and don't finish stories
      4. Do what any good fic writer would do...go and fill in the blanks for yourself!

Lovely advice, sueKay! I've been happier since I've been away from JM's thread.

Originally posted by Oma-1
      Yep - me too. Despite Joe's answer of (I'll spoil this so those that don't want to know what Joe said don't have to read it)
      Spoiler:
      no conversations between any of SG-1 about their personal relationships, that doesn't preclude a shot of Sam saying "bye Jack" and putting down the phone
      Optimism is my middle name

More lemonade TN? Anyone?

Yes, thank you, Oma-1. Come, fellow shippers. Let's all sit down and have a nice glass of Shipper Lemonade while we go through bride magazines and start planning the wedding.

Comment

Oh my word! I am freaking out about that spoiler! Hoorah!!!!!! I did not know that. I also didn't know that the July/August issue came out yet! YES! I'm happy with any kind of "hint" of Sam and Jack together! A kiss would be nice, but I'm not going to get my hopes up in case they get stomped all over.

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
        my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

Good night and sweet dreams.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Silver

And then he goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!

here's joe's exact wording: "I'm sure the fans who wanted to see more ship will think they scored a decisive victory in season 8 while fans who want to see less romance think they've scored their own victory in season 9. But the fact is we're just trying to tell the best possible stories for our characters. In the case of season 8, with Rick leaving the show, we wanted to wrap up some loose ends. In the case of season 9, we're setting up new characters and storylines."

joe didn't say about shippers feeling a victory at the end of season 8. i read joe's words *very* carefully... *wink wink*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Spoiler:
              Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
              "After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
              i expected this. just glad it's cassie and not some other guy.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

*sigh*
                Spoiler:
                I'm glad that someone's finally thinking about Cassie - news of her has been non-existent since Heroes. Although Sam being with Cassie doesn't rule out Jack spending time with them too
                that's right! just because she's
                Spoiler:
                with cassie at the beginning of season 9 doesn't mean she wasn't with jack before, during, or after.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Reading it that way, it sounds much better! Oma-1 and Majorsal will be so proud of me for making lemonade out of Joe's latest lemon!

always proud of you, honey!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Yep - me too. Despite Joe's answer of (I'll spoil this so those that don't want to know what Joe said don't have to read it)
                    Spoiler:
                    no conversations between any of SG-1 about their personal relationships, that doesn't preclude a shot of Sam saying "bye Jack" and putting down the phone
                    Optimism is my middle name

More lemonade TN? Anyone?
                    AND!

Spoiler:
                    that poster asked joe if there would be comments made about hooking up, and joe answered there'd be no 'conversations'... that doesn't mean a little comment can't be given here or there.

stretching? maybe, but joe 'does' word things carefully...

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Florence and I are referring to the indisputable, irrefutable fact that no matter what reason tptb give us for
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam's leaving the SGC, Sam spent lots of her free time with a certain grey-haired general with the most amazing brown eyes .....

*goes in search of Lol4jack's sig .... again *
                      Oma, thanks for making it less confusing I thought it was obvious for all the shippers where
                      Spoiler:
                      and more important with whom she's spending her free time

ETA : Seriously, I'm just happy that someone seems not to have forgotten
                      Spoiler:
                      Cassie
                      Last edited by florence; 17 June 2005, 01:19 AM.
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Well after reading about Mr Mallozzi's vague comments...I have come to conclusion...

He's as confused as the rest of us!!!!

Have you noticed that the actors and producers have all been contradicting each other as of late??? They're doing it intentionally...I think they have something big planned...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REVIEWS!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well...I'm gonna be absent for a few days as I'm not leaving my house. Here's why:

I live in a little village with a population of just under 3000. But our village has a very big country park. Every five years or so, stupid record companies hire the park and put on concerts. This time it's REM that's playing. So...our little village of less than 3000 people are going to have to put up with over 65 000 people who are going to the concert. We have no big roads, and less than 2000 parking spaces and only a handful of shops. Which means that it's gonna be way too crowded and dangerous to go out (when Oasis played here, there were beatings, stabbings, and our house got broken into)

So...I'm now stuck in my house for about three days...fun!

It's like a siege!!!!!!!!!

So enjoy blue jello week, and have fun SHIPPING!!!!!

Suz
                          xxxxx
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Yes, thank you, Oma-1. Come, fellow shippers. Let's all sit down and have a nice glass of Shipper Lemonade while we go through bride magazines and start planning the wedding.
                            Count me in! We can wrap up our planning with a wedding drill at the chapel in Shipper Town. After all, it's June! Dum dum de dum. Dum dum de dum. Dum dum de dummm dum de dumm dum de dum de dummmmm.....

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              snip
                              . . . .while fans who want to see less romance think they've scored their own victory in season 9.
                              sally
                              I'm disappointed to hear that as it sounds like there won't be anything in s9, but I'm not surprised. At least we won't have Pete, UST, angst, interrupted conversations and the like. Many of us have said all along that it's not the end result that matters so much; it's the journey. Since it seems pretty apparent (to me) that they're together now, s9 would be a great time to enjoy the journey, but it looks like we won't get it. At least it sounds like we won't get Sam and boyfriend of the week, so that's good news.

The last couple of years I've been concerned that TP's would get the show in such a state that I wouldn't be able to go back and enjoy my s1-6 DVD's. Fortunately, they didn't do that, but they didn't leave a lot of room to spare. Whenever I'm feeling the need to ship, I'll have lots of shippy episodes from the past, fan fics and, of course, the wonderful, fantabulous SHIPPER FAMILY!!

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                I live in a little village with a population of just under 3000. But our village has a very big country park. Every five years or so, stupid record companies hire the park and put on concerts. This time it's REM that's playing. So...our little village of less than 3000 people are going to have to put up with over 65 000 people who are going to the concert. We have no big roads, and less than 2000 parking spaces and only a handful of shops. Which means that it's gonna be way too crowded and dangerous to go out.
                                Originally posted by suekay
                                It's like a siege!!!!!!!!!

It's like Woodstock! Those were the days! I'm probably the only one around here who remembers Woodstock. Goes off grumbling. . . .

sigpic
                                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Working...
                                X