Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Spoiler:
    Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
    "After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I watched D&C yesterday - unfortunately I had the kids and hubby watching too and they don't appreciate my habit of rewinding and slowing the shippy bits down, but even so, I swear I caught the "L" word

Fantastic gif Token (((((hugs)))))
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pyscho-veggie-freak
        Hey, I'm new here (I have no idea why I've never posted here before cos I've been a Sam-JAck shipper since the first episode of Stargate).
        Figured I'd post now cos I 'd be revisin' for history exam otherwise, and what better way to procrastinate than to talk about Sam and Jack.

I seem to have become ship obsessed. Even the Sam posters and Jack posters in my room are next to each other. Hehehe.

Shéyna

psycho-veggie-freak

Hope you enjoy being part of our shippy family Loved your question to JM Sometimes, silence is the sweetest sound.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Spoiler:
          Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
          "After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
          *sigh*
          Spoiler:
          I'm glad that someone's finally thinking about Cassie - news of her has been non-existent since Heroes. Although Sam being with Cassie doesn't rule out Jack spending time with them too

AT's comment "That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." does prompt the question of how are tptb playing Sam's leaving the SGC. I assume that we're going to get an explanation - they wouldn't just say nothing would they??? (Although that does leave it open to our shippy imaginations - I know where I think Sam's been spending her free time )
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            *sigh*
            Spoiler:
            I'm glad that someone's finally thinking about Cassie - news of her has been non-existent since Heroes. Although Sam being with Cassie doesn't rule out Jack spending time with them too

AT's comment "That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." does prompt the question of how are tptb playing Sam's leaving the SGC. I assume that we're going to get an explanation - they wouldn't just say nothing would they??? (Although that does leave it open to our shippy imaginations - I know where I think Sam's been spending her free time )
            Spoiler:
            And if you think what I think you're thinking, you're thinking what I'm thinking too
            Not too confused ?
            Okay, so to make it clear, I know where Sam's been spending her free time too, and that's not in Area 51 And she hasn't been spending her free time alone either And no, I don't mean she was with Cassie
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
              Lol, I love that scene too, especially because Sam's all stressed and desperate to find a solution--and in the end she fully intends to go eat cake with Jack before that blimmin' alarm goes off

I also love:

O'NEILL: (singing to himself)…and tell me that you love me.… (to Carter) Lots of interesting nebulous things going on?
              CARTER: Yes, sir.
              O'NEILL: (looking into telescope) I don't see squat.
              CARTER: Well, you wouldn't, sir, during the day.

Ha, Sam was just dying to say that just to make Jack bolt upright again!

Hmm, Jack's choice of lyrics are interesting... wonder who was on his mind! I always thought he sang something like "whatever floats your boat", but of course I'm not going to argue with the ears of the transcript writer In fact, I like his/her version A LOT better...
              What!!!!

Damn, I miss all this stuff.... I need a shippy guide to all SG1 episodes.... I saw Redemption a couple of weeks ago, got the cake part, but missed the song and the LYRICS....!!!!

Ok, we need to start a shippy guide...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                Spoiler:
                And if you think what I think you're thinking, you're thinking what I'm thinking too
                Not too confused ?
                Okay, so to make it clear, I know where Sam's been spending her free time too, and that's not in Area 51 And she hasn't been spending her free time alone either And no, I don't mean she was with Cassie
                Uh-huh. I'm thinking your thinking the same things I'm thinking

Not confused at all
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  "After Janet died,Carter took responsibility," Tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
                  *sigh*
                  Spoiler:

Originally posted by florence
                  Spoiler:
                  Not too confused ?
                  Pittsburghgirl, thanks for the news. At first read it sounds very definitive. But Oma-1 puts a nice new spin on it. And florence, I have no idea what you're thinking. You 747'd me, girl. Please, elaborate!

He (JM) goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!
                  Here's an idea. Maybe Joe meant the "decisive victory" was the fishing trip, not the AU kiss. And maybe that statement is his official acknowledgement that Sam & Jack are together!

Reading it that way, it sounds much better! Oma-1 and Majorsal will be so proud of me for making lemonade out of Joe's latest lemon!

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  You are so right !!! Okey, pengiuns attack formation !!!!
                  Has anyone seen Madagascar? I highly recommend it. It's a couple of hours of fun. In it, there's a line:

"The penguins are psychotic!"

Do you think they had us in mind when they wrote that?

Comment

That is so well said!

Having just read his recent posts, I really do think Joe is heartless. He said that he'd say to RDA fans that "you'll love the new guy". Damn it, I know we haven't seen Mitchell in action yet, but no character could EVER replace Jack O'Neill. Never ever!

And then he goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!

Of course, I have utter respect for Joe and appreciate him for answering questions. But I do feel now that TPTB think the fans want romance for the sake of romance (hence the AU kiss in Moebius)... when what we really want is a final OUR-Sam-and-Jack-togetherness!! How hard can it be?

Thanks for your welcomes, btw!
                    You are so right! TPTB think we'll be happy after Threads and Moebius, but don't seem to understand why we're not. All we want is recognition that Sam and Jack are actually together....... and a big honkin' kiss!
                    sigpic

Comment

Uh-huh. I'm thinking your thinking the same things I'm thinking

Not confused at all
                      care to let me in?
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

care to let me in?

Florence and I are referring to the indisputable, irrefutable fact that no matter what reason tptb give us for
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam's leaving the SGC, Sam spent lots of her free time with a certain grey-haired general with the most amazing brown eyes .....

*goes in search of Lol4jack's sig .... again *
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy at any solid indication that they are together in S9. Just a simple banter maybe between Daniel about Jack in the first ep about how Jack's honeymoon with Sam was. I don't even need to see a kiss (though it would be lovely) -- I just want to know they are firmly together forever. [/sap]

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Here's an idea. Maybe Joe meant the "decisive victory" was the fishing trip, not the AU kiss. And maybe that statement is his official acknowledgement that Sam & Jack are together!
                            That's all very nice. But I still hope they'll SHOW us.
                            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                              I'd be happy at any solid indication that they are together in S9. Just a simple banter maybe between Daniel about Jack in the first ep about how Jack's honeymoon with Sam was. I don't even need to see a kiss (though it would be lovely) -- I just want to know they are firmly together forever. [/sap]
                              Yep - me too. Despite Joe's answer of (I'll spoil this so those that don't want to know what Joe said don't have to read it)
                              Spoiler:
                              no conversations between any of SG-1 about their personal relationships, that doesn't preclude a shot of Sam saying "bye Jack" and putting down the phone
                              Optimism is my middle name

More lemonade TN? Anyone?
                              sigpic

Comment

ah. im just sitting around waiting for season 9. hmmm. bored bored bored.
                                Now, raise your right hand and repeat after me. I, insert name... [O’Neill]

Comment

Working...
                                X