Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heya! long time no visit! i no longer have internet access outside of the phonebox im standing in at the mo. just dropping in to let you know im okay. imnot going to gethome internet for another month

see you all then!

suz
    xxxxx

ps: someone email me the spoilers because i cant highlight them.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      hey rogue-I am with you. but as Queen of the Cynics.....
      Yeah, I want to believe but their track record makes it hard.

OT:
      Are you home already?
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Gotcha. I would not expect him to come back full-time to SG-1 However, I was harking back to the article where RDA mentions maybe working on other shows from LA, and I was pointing out (to RDA, I guess )that even working in LA probably would not allow him that much time with his daughter if it were a full-time role. Except for hiatus and a network show hiatus would come at a different time than the schedule SG has, I think, maybe they're off in the summer--nice.
        Reread his interview and he said he didn't want to work 5 days a week, so I didn't need to even bring that up! Mea culpa. Hard to keep all these interviews in mind and correct. Especially when time is limited. Which reminds me, did I see a quote from the costume designer about Vala and her wardrobe? Did I see the word "dominatrix?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          I like "not single" better. Not alone could mean that
          Spoiler:
          Cassie is living with her.
          I still don't trust these guys.
          From what I remember from french classes, a long, long time ago, the word 'celibataire' has sexual conotations, as in single (no sexual partners).So I think that if Sam is not 'celibataire' she is saing she is romanticaly envolved .Whether Casssie is living with her or not is another story I hope they adress at some point .

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
            From what I remember from french classes, a long, long time ago, the word 'celibataire' has sexual conotations, as in single (no sexual partners).So I think that if Sam is not 'celibataire' she is saing she is romanticaly envolved .Whether Casssie is living with her or not is another story I hope they adress at some point .
            Being french, I confirm : when you say you're not 'celibataire', it means that you're romantically involved with someone, married or not
            As for Cassie, I'd like too that she'll come up again soon. It's already sad that we don't have
            Spoiler:
            Janet
            anymore, but I'd like to know what happened to Cassie : where she lives, how she's doing, if she stays in touch with Sam or the others.
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
              Being french, I confirm : when you say you're not 'celibataire', it means that you're romantically involved with someone, married or not
              As for Cassie, I'd like too that she'll come up again soon. It's already sad that we don't have
              Spoiler:
              Janet
              anymore, but I'd like to know what happened to Cassie : where she lives, how she's doing, if she stays in touch with Sam or the others.
              Thats good to know. I never saw the original quote only interpretations. It would have been nice to have seen them get together though. I kinda feel short changed because we got all the tension and not much romance. I guess at this point I should just be glad they are together.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

You know, to be absolutely sure of what Amanda really wanted to say, we should have the original text, not the french translation. Cause the translator could be a shipper and he/she could have twisted Amanda's words, who knows ?
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  You know, to be absolutely sure of what Amanda really wanted to say, we should have the original text, not the french translation. Cause the translator could be a shipper and he/she could have twisted Amanda's words, who knows ?
                  Here's the French version...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!

And a link to the original interview:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Howdy every one how is everything in the world of ship? I've missed you all so much!! I have some new banners that i have made in the fandom section lots of sam and jackness! Is there any definate news about season 9 and our ship? Wether they are or they are not?? Let me know guys and check out my banners!! Missed you loads guys!!
                    xxx

Comment

Hiya Shippers,
                      I was listening to one of my favorites, Anita Baker, during one of our famous D.C. traffic jams and when I heard this song I thought about Season 8 Threads
                      Spoiler:
                      When Sam goes to Jack's house and tells him she has something important ....that if she doesn't say now she might never.
                      These lyrics seem to reflect her realization and the difficulty to finally express herself. Go girl!!!
                      Then, of course, we know in Threads
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack did not laugh but rather understood that she was going to open the door. She was opening the door. And, he came to her in the observation room *sigh*
                      Go Jack!!!

Anita Baker - It's Been You

I had a dream
                      A love dream so tender
                      You were with me old friend
                      We gave in to sweet surrender
                      And I've held it in through October,
                      November
                      No wonder...
                      I never been the same since then

I picked up my phone
                      A million times to call you
                      But I lost my nerve
                      Cause every time I saw you
                      Like a lovesick kid,
                      Child it was my paranoia
                      You'd laugh, but instead
                      You read these thoughts inside my head
                      And its you...
                      (Chorus
                      Its been you all the time
                      You're changing my whole state of mind
                      It took just a minute
                      But now that I'm in it
                      Its you
                      Like somebody turned on a light
                      You're gonna watch me shine

Now when you smile
                      The world opens up for me
                      You're just my style
                      And inside I do believe
                      We're two of a kind
                      How could I be so blind
                      My heart, its sincere
                      I believe I've wanted you for years and years

(Repeat Chorus)

Now to think you've always been right here
                      And loneliness has been my greatest fear
                      Until I saw the answers in your eyes
                      Yes I did
                      And at last its clear
                      Now I see that
                      You're the only one....for me....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        Hiya Shippers,
                        I was listening to one of my favorites, Anita Baker, during one of our famous D.C. traffic jams and when I heard this song I thought about Season 8 Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        When Sam goes to Jack's house and tells him she has something important ....that if she doesn't say now she might never.
                        These lyrics seem to reflect her realization and the difficulty to finally express herself. Go girl!!!
                        Then, of course, we know in Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack did not laugh but rather understood that she was going to open the door. She was opening the door. And, he came to her in the observation room *sigh*
                        Go Jack!!!

I had a dream
                        A love dream so tender
                        You were with me old friend
                        We gave in to sweet surrender
                        And I've held it in through October,
                        November
                        No wonder...
                        I never been the same since then

I picked up my phone
                        A million times to call you
                        But I lost my nerve
                        Cause every time I saw you
                        Like a lovesick kid,
                        Child it was my paranoia
                        You'd laugh, but instead
                        You read these thoughts inside my head
                        And its you...
                        (Chorus
                        You're changing my whole state of mind
                        It took just a minute
                        But now that I'm in it
                        Its you
                        Like somebody turned on a light
                        You're gonna watch me shine

Now when you smile
                        The world opens up for me
                        You're just my style
                        And inside I do believe
                        We're two of a kind
                        How could I be so blind
                        My heart, its sincere

(Repeat Chorus)

Yes I did
                        And at last its clear
                        Now I see that
                        WOW, nell! That is really cool. It is so our Sam and Jack!!! If I heard that song, it would probably make me cry

Someone should do a video for this song...

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Hiya Shippers,
                          I was listening to one of my favorites, Anita Baker, during one of our famous D.C. traffic jams and when I heard this song I thought ........these lyrics seem to reflect her realization and the difficulty to finally express herself. Go girl!!!
                          .......... Go Jack!!!

Yes I did
                          And at last its clear
                          Now I see that
                          Nell! Perfect song! 105.9? DC traffic jam? I know about those! So now I'm taking the Metro and listening to my CD over and over again to the song, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. Especially because in Threads, the eye contact between them was so compelling

So it's got me wondering, is there a thread somewhere that talks about music? Not just what music "fits" from our perspective, but I'm wondering what type of music do you think J & S would actually listen to while driving or cleaning the kitchen, or sitting alone at night by the window with the lights out staring out at the rain?

Terra
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          (lyrics in part -- if you even care)
                          "Love, I don’t like to see so much pain
                          So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
                          I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
                          I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

And all my instincts, they return
                          And the grand facade, so soon will burn
                          Without a noise, without my pride
                          I reach out from the inside

In your eyes The light the heat
                          In your eyes I am complete
                          In your eyes I see the doorway (in your eyes) to a thousand churches
                          In your eyes The resolution (in your eyes) of all the fruitless searches
                          In your eyes I see the light and the heat
                          In your eyes Oh, I want to be that complete
                          I want to touch the light, the heat I see in your eyes"

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
                            Nell! Perfect song! 105.9? DC traffic jam? I know about those! So now I'm taking the Metro and listening to my CD over and over again to the song, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. Especially because in Threads, the eye contact between them was so compelling

So it's got me wondering, is there a thread somewhere that talks about music? Not just what music "fits" from our perspective, but I'm wondering what type of music do you think J & S would actually listen to while driving or cleaning the kitchen, or sitting alone at night by the window with the lights out staring out at the rain?

Terra

forget Sam and Jack's perspective-- a Shipper could be singing this song! I think I've said almost everying above in different posts over the years.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin

Terra

Yep, 105.9 is my favorite but I actually have several of her tapes/CDs. I am blushing. Peter Gabriel? Next time I'm at Barnes and Noble I'll check in the audio dept for a listen. I don't know if there is a thread about music. You gonna start one?!! Besides Jack's fondness for opera, I wonder if he would like 60's music (given his age). Now, Sam, mmmm?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Here's the French version...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!

And a link to the original interview:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg
                                I put it thru a online translator. These translators crack me up. I think we need Florence to translate.

Eh not! However, while waiting for that Richard returns for one golden two episodes, Samantha called to which wants to hear it that it simple percentage not unmarried has you to judge

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X