This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florence
    Well, there was a time where everyone was saying "WE LOVE JM !" when he posted in this thread here

Remember that he was the one who made us create Shipper Town
    Love and hate are very strong words and emotions. They go with passion. Isn't it the rule for such involved people as you ( all of you dear penguins ! ) are to go back and forth between hate and love ? I think it means that you care about what JM says more than you're going to willingly admit. Especially when you're in a "I hate JM" mood.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      oh big fat hairy deal-
      Spoiler:
      so cameron baby calls her Sam. There is such a juvenille mentality going on with those guys that they are trying to have people make a mountain out of a grain of sand-forget the molehill. there are a number of reasons he could call her Sam-they are exes, their daddies knew each other, they knew each other from the academy, the pentagon, the gulf war...it isn't really as big a deal as the implication. and watch-the boys from vancouver are gonna bat their eyes and they say-what? we never said that cameron and sam were an item. bah!
      They are masters at strirring the pot! I agree.
      Spoiler:
      On several occasions I heard Jack call someone with the same rank by their first names. So who cares if Cameron calls her by Sam.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes folks!

Ah yes, IF ONLY there were some women writers for the show...every show needs a nice gender balanced team writing and producing it...alas that is not yet a reality especially not in the sci-fi world. But we can keep dreaming and of course so many of the lovely fics here are written by women.

I take it = P*** ? LOL

Regarding Threads,
        Spoiler:
        I didn't mind Jack and Kerry so much...you could tell it was just a fling (even Kerry could)...definitely wayyyyy better than Sam and . Kerry I actually found likeable...

Comment

Welcome fair_nymph...BTW: I'm sgg23
          I totally agree.There should be more women writers for the show. It would be a lot more balanced
          Spoiler:
          and Kerry was actually very likable.I like her mostly for the onversation she had with Jack and his "issues"

sgg23
          ps. welcome 2 the shipper family
          I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
          Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
          *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
          Jack: If only...
          (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

OMG, I just watched a very funny video. I found it on the Sam Thread. Here is the link to the post. There are a few scenes that go too far.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=8902
            Last edited by Rogue; 08 June 2005, 09:42 AM.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Welcome, fair_nymph!
              Originally posted by lonely_star
              new spoilers: we can read in the latest spoiler
              Spoiler:
              Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity.

well I'm not afraid about their relationship because for me J&S ARE together but I'm kind of sad cause Jack didn't call her Sam or at least hasn't ina long time... I will definitely not like Mitchell !! bring JACK back !!!!!

just adding that it might as well not show the respect Mitchell should have for Sam, I mean come on they don't really know each other, they just met, why is he allowed to call her Sam !!! Maybe I should relax a little guys approaching Sam would better be careful with me!!
              I think they're going to tell us that Mitchell
              Spoiler:
              has known the members of SG-1 for some time, because he's been working at the SGC. We just haven't seen them interact with him to this point.

And I think that the reason he's going to call Sam by her first name (as does Daniel) indicates they're both the same military rank, Lt. Col. I'm concerned that the Sci Fi Magazine says Cam comes to join the team and ends up LEADING IT!!!!! I don't understand the grounds for that! Sam has seniority. This is a real serious issue as far as I'm concerned!!!!! And I know many of you feel the same way.

On another issue, though, I just don't think they're going to try to establish a ship between Cam and Sam (Oh, that's so cute sounding that it's wrong on every level!!!!! ). After AT's interview in the French magazine we learned about earlier this week, I'm really starting to believe they're going to at least imply that Sam & Jack are together.
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 08 June 2005, 09:55 AM. Reason: Add message to top

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                OMG, I just watched a very funny video. I found it on the Sam Thread. Here is the link to the post. There are a few scenes that go too far.

oh wow !!! great great great !! so funny and so true for the end! thanks for sharing that's awesome !!! like the way they change Sam's face!

Comment

That was pretty funny, especially the part at the end, where we never actually hear Sam's feelings for Jack, because they get covered up by the gate whooshing....LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Spoiler:
                    has known the members of SG-1 for some time, because he's been working at the SGC. We just haven't seen them interact with him to this point.

And I think that the reason he's going to call Sam by her first name (as does Daniel) indicates they're both the same military rank, Lt. Col. I'm concerned that the Sci Fi Magazine says Cam comes to join the team and ends up LEADING IT!!!!! I don't understand the grounds for that! Sam has seniority. This is a real serious issue as far as I'm concerned!!!!! And I know many of you feel the same way.

On another issue, though, I just don't think they're going to try to establish a ship between Cam and Sam (Oh, that's so cute sounding that it's wrong on every level!!!!! ). After AT's interview in the French magazine we learned about earlier this week, I'm really starting to believe they're going to at least imply that Sam & Jack are together.

funny as my remark about this sentence makes people talk! that's cool but personnaly I don't really care either if he
                    Spoiler:
                    calls her Sam I was just saying that's kinda makes me crazy cause Jack was so not to call her by her name that I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it
                    sg-1fanintn you're right it's possible they know each other cause he was working there
                    But anyway I wish they hated each other to create an interesting dynamic in the team, something new..but obvisously we won't have that...either...

let's wait and see...!! (think I found my new sig

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      Sugarshaker, in what size would you like your "GIF"??? heehee
                      LIFESIZE!

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

That is one very strange video! It's funny, at first, but gets progressively more and more weird. However, ty for the link, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Welcome, fair_nymph!

Spoiler:

Me thinks that the reason
                          Spoiler:
                          Mitchell is leading SG1 is because Sam isn't really part of SG1 anymore... She is reassigned to overview Area 51, right? So Mitchell is leading SG1, but then Sam is back because they need her help. Obviously, they CANNOT manage without her. She is a national resource, after all . After Sam returns, they might just keep Mitchell in charge, since he's been doing it for a while... maybe Sam doesn't want to attach herself to permanently to SG1, since Jack is not there anymore. I mean, with the long trips to Washington every weekend, who really has much time to fight the aliens???

Comment

Wow... I am a Mature Symbiote!!! I think congratulations are in order!
                            (I'm not a baby anymore )

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
                              Wow... I am a Mature Symbiote!!! I think congratulations are in order!
                              (I'm not a baby anymore )
                              Ok, congratulations on growing up!
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                                oh wow !!! great great great !! so funny and so true for the end! thanks for sharing that's awesome !!! like the way they change Sam's face!
                                What I found funny about the video(besides the sarcastic humor), is that it touched on almost every point we have discussed over the past few months.

1) Lack of RDA time
                                2) Soap opera drama
                                3) Women treated as sex objects in sci-fi
                                4) Sam and Jack only getting together if it is AU, alien intervention or alternate reality.
                                5) 8 years and still no resolution.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X