This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlgater
    Happy Birthday to Everyone Who's Celebrating Today!!

Love the news from Amanda's interview!!! It does my shipper heart good.

Ok...I was watching Threads again last night and I am hung up on
    Spoiler:
    Jacob's death scene. Let me set the picture...Jacob has just said "I'm ready" to the Tok'ra and Sam has gone to his side. This leaves Jack in the observation area watching everything unfold. Watch Jack's face when Jacob looks up at Sam and whispers/mouths "I love you." Jack watches this goodbye and then immediately drops his head. I can't help but read into Jack's actions that yes, it is a very sad time for Sam, but also his regret on not being able to tell Sam those wonderful words that Jacob has just imparted.

What does everyone else think? Am I just reading too much into it?
    THREADS SPOILERS...

I think Jack was hurting for Sam and mourning for his close friend, whom he loved like a brother.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

*coughs to clear her throat*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

And many more.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

And many more.....

yeah happy B_ day to you SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

Welcome to all the newbies that are now around in here that I missed. It is good to be back in the shipper thread once again. So did I missed anything lately My exams are coming up so for now I won't be posting much but as soon it is July than _Anubis is really back. I am back now and I have my own forum. But I noticed that they have deleted more than 150 posts of me in here why??????? I had more than 1800 posts I don't understand. They don't tell me why they have deleted so many posts What do you think of my new signature?
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Happy birthday samisjacksgal, sacme and Queen Bee !
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Here's a definition of quarks. It's a physics thing.

Quarks
            Quarks are fundamental matter particles that are constituents of neutrons and protons and other hadrons. There are six different types of quarks. Each quark type is called a flavor.

Flavor Mass
            (GeV/c2) Electric Charge
            (e)
            u up 0.004 +2/3
            d down 0.008 -1/3
            c charm 1.5 +2/3
            s strange 0.15 -1/3
            t top 176 +2/3
            b bottom 4.7 -1/3

Quark Masses

Quarks only exist inside hadrons because they are confined by the strong (or color charge) force fields. Therefore, we cannot measure their mass by isolating them.

At least shipper hannah's explanation was in ENGLISH! Now I know how Jack feels. I'm sure if I read it a few more times it'll make sense

Oooooh! I think I have it! Quarks are shippy because they are together behind the forcefield, not caught either side of it

Being serious for a minute, I get the neutrons, protons and quarks, what is a HADRON fcol!!!! GCSE physics was waaay in the distant past ya know!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
              Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

It was 4 YEARS AGO TODAY! That I first met Amanda!!!!!

At this very hour, 4 years ago, I was standing on set of Sg-1, watching RDA try and do a walking scene.... I wondered why he kept messing up, I mean, it's walking! Then I got a funny idea... I walked back slightly, out of his line of sight... BOOM, he got it right!!!

I was 'distracting' him too much

*Walks off in a daze of remembering that fateful day*

*sigh*

*is very happy today*

I'm glad those who got the vid liked it Unfortunately, my site is STILL down, at least for me....
              *raises hand shyly* Major Sam, can I have your autograph?

I'm sure there's a FANTASTIC story behind that little anecdote! PLEASE share it with us poor shippers who'll never be able to say they were a distraction to Jack O'Neill

(I'll beg if I have to)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                yeah happy B_ day to you SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

Welcome to all the newbies that are now around in here that I missed. It is good to be back in the shipper thread once again. So did I missed anything lately My exams are coming up so for now I won't be posting much but as soon it is July than _Anubis is really back. I am back now and I have my own forum. But I noticed that they have deleted more than 150 posts of me in here why??????? I had more than 1800 posts I don't understand. They don't tell me why they have deleted so many posts What do you think of my new signature?
                Welcome back _Anubis !
                Did you see the latest interview of AT ? Cause it gives us hope for S9
                As for your post number, I noticed the same thing for me a few weeks ago (after the latest crash of GW). I think post numbers have been recalculated for everyone (don't know how, don't know why though )
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

For more info on "quarks",visit this site:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/stra...ml/quarks.html

The elevator scene in that ep tells me what I already suspected, that Jack is alot smarter than he acts.....and he probably understands 75% of what Sam tells him.

waterfall

Comment

Yay! Birthdays!

Queen Bee, Sacme, Samisjacksgal!

In honour of your birthdays, Jack's got out the bbq

Don't worry though, the ShiptoBismol is handy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      Welcome back _Anubis !
                      Did you see the latest interview of AT ? Cause it gives us hope for S9
                      As for your post number, I noticed the same thing for me a few weeks ago (after the latest crash of GW). I think post numbers have been recalculated for everyone (don't know how, don't know why though )
                      Hm a few weeks ago you say I hadn't been posting much the last few weeks Ahwell I think it is sad to lose so many posts. I am going to bad. Tommorow an exam Wish me good luck people because I am going to need it. Goodnight.
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

And many more.....

D I T T O !
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by florence

Happy birthday samisjacksgal, sacme and Queen Bee !

Shamefully borrowing it from someone much more talented than me (thanks Florence)
                          Happy birthday from me too
                          And isn't it a lovely day to have one's birthday

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                            Happy Birthday to Everyone Who's Celebrating Today!!

Love the news from Amanda's interview!!! It does my shipper heart good.

Ok...I was watching Threads again last night and I am hung up on
                            Spoiler:
                            Jacob's death scene. Let me set the picture...Jacob has just said "I'm ready" to the Tok'ra and Sam has gone to his side. This leaves Jack in the observation area watching everything unfold. Watch Jack's face when Jacob looks up at Sam and whispers/mouths "I love you." Jack watches this goodbye and then immediately drops his head. I can't help but read into Jack's actions that yes, it is a very sad time for Sam, but also his regret on not being able to tell Sam those wonderful words that Jacob has just imparted.

What does everyone else think? Am I just reading too much into it?
                            (((girlgater))) I don't think you're hung up on it all. I think you're definitely on to something. I keep thinking that there must have been a reason why the camera went back to Jack at that point.
                            Spoiler:
                            I wonder if it would have been any clearer if we saw the Jacob/Jack talk that wasn't shown. I'm fairly sure it would have had something to do with Jacob giving approval and telling Jack to look after Sam. I think that the camera moving from such a poignant shot of Sam and Jacob had to have a good reason behind it. Maybe it was a kind of visual representation of Jacob handing over care of Sam to Jack, if you get what I mean (can't think of a way to word that properly).

Originally posted by UberSG1-fan
                            I think Jack was hurting for Sam and mourning for his close friend, whom he loved like a brother.
                            I think there's a big element of this too. That scene is so full of different emotions. There's the culmination of two major things here.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam & Jack's recognition and acceptance of each other moving their relationship on, followed so swiftly by Jacob's passing.
                            There's all sorts of emotions flying around the place.

Both Sam and Jack are feeling
                            Spoiler:
                            the loss of Jacob keenly, as Sam's father, a comrade in arms, and a trusted friend. And at the same time, finally accepting how much each means to the other, and feeling each other's pain.
                            There are going to be lots of different interpretations on their expressions, and each will be correct.
                            Last edited by Oma-1; 06 June 2005, 02:24 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey lovely Shippers!!!

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes! florence, Oma-1, _Anubis, Grace O'Neill, gatebee, shipper hannah, dipsofjazz, girlgater, sugarshaker, LOL4JACK, sg-1fanintn, lonely star, blueiris, jafacakes thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, even though I haven't been around in a while.

And happy birthday to fellow June Sixers, Queen Bee and samisjacksgal!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Sooo many birthdays, sooo little time!! Popping in to express my birthday wishes to my fellow Shippers!! I'll have to catch up on the conversations latter!

Ship Sister (sacme) & Queen Bee & samisjacksgal!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Hope your birthdays are

SHIPPERIFIC!!!

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X