This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...so here's a recent interview with Amanda Tapping...pay specific attention to the last question/answer...

THANK YOU MAJORSAM FOR THIS GREAT FIND!!!

<<Per MajorSam on the Sam's A Great Character Thread>>

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

===========

Another translation of that bolded segment is..."she is not unmarried"

But here is the verbatim answer in French...I'll leave it to our French shippers to give us the best translation...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!
    Thanks so much for posting this Uber! It may not be exactly what we wanted but I think it gives us a lot more hope about what we'll see in season 9.
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I posted this on the SaGC thread...but here are some screen caps of Amanda Tapping winning the Leo for her performance in THREADS...for your viewing pleasure:

Thank you so much for posting those pics! I couldn't get the link to work from Major Sam. So your pics were GREATLY appreciated.

Now I saw some French posted and mine is rusty, but I recognized enough to suddenly have some hope....will someone who is more proficient please translate tres vite!

Comment

Uber....thanks for the wonderful pics....AT looks so cool with her short curly hair......no surprise AT got the award for Threads....her acting chops was tested in all areas...from feeling of Pete....to Jack and that scene "Always"...scene with Jacob...Sam's reaction to Kerry....emotions all over the board....thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by florence

I think your translation is right LOL4JACK. And sorry to break your dream Oma but I don't think it means that Sam and Jack are married. In french, you can say you're not single even if you're not married, you can say it when you're in a relation with someone, meaning you're not "alone".

what?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hello Ship Family!

Wow, so much good staff has been happening here. I am very happy after I read the translation of Amanda's interview It's just that little kick of shippiness that we needed.

I am also happy to hear the first cast member to admit to miss RDA. I mean, come on, people; after working with something for 8 years, no one, other than Amanda has said any kind words about RDA. So, THANK YOU AMANDA!!! At least she is not afraid to share her feelings. And with that one sentence ("not single") she gave us so much needed hope. My little shippy heart is rejoicing

I have watched Amanda's acceptance of the award. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT, MAJOR SAM! I don't know about you guys, but I found it kinda odd that the interviewing lady had no idea what a P90 is. Shouldn't hosts be more prepared than that? Amanda handled the interview very well, very professionally.

Comment

After all that talk about Amanda winning the Leo, gatebee pointed out we really should include information about RDA, or rather Jack O'Neill winning the Spacey Award this year!

So here's a link to the video clip of RDA giving a very, very, VERY long acceptance speech...

http://rdanderson.com/updates/images/spacey05.wmv

And here are some screen caps:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

After all that talk about Amanda winning the Leo, gatebee pointed out we really should include information about RDA, or rather Jack O'Neill winning the Spacey Award this year!

So here's a link to the video clip of RDA giving a very, very, VERY long acceptance speech...

*sighs*

... man, that man is.... *sighs*

I WANT THAT MAN!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

And here are some screen caps:

thank you (((((( Uber ))))))))

Comment

Sam and Jack forever

Comment

Yea! A FRENCH SHIPPER!

Now could you please check the translation...or better yet, translate the original so that we can be sure about the words used....
                      The translation seems pretty good to me. Thanks Amanda to give back hope to shippers !
                      I really love this woman Like someone pointed it already, she's the first one saying RDA will be missed on the show.
                      I've read a con report somewhere on internet of a french convention 2 years ago. Fans asked Amanda to say this :"I love you colonel". And she did it ! She even added "I want you" ! You can imagine the fans' reaction !
                      (here's the link if you want to see it, but it's a french site : http://amandatapping.free.fr/)
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

My guess is that they're together but NOT married...just from the creation con, MS said they didn't get married...so unless that's changed...

But like our beloved French shipper pointed out, it means they are together.

So Woooohooo
                        Thanks ! It's so good to feel loved
                        The way Amanda said it, I think she meant that Sam and Jack are not married but they are together, that's sure
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                          The translation seems pretty good to me. Thanks Amanda to give back hope to shippers !
                          I really love this woman Like someone pointed it already, she's the first one saying RDA will be missed on the show.
                          I've read a con report somewhere on internet of a french convention 2 years ago. Fans asked Amanda to say this :"I love you colonel". And she did it ! She even added "I want you" ! You can imagine the fans' reaction !
                          (here's the link if you want to see it, but it's a french site : http://amandatapping.free.fr/)
                          That site looks neat...but I'm afraid my French is a little rusty.

Oh wait. I don't speak French.

Heck, I have a hard enough time trying to master another difficult language. You may have heard of it...it's called ENGLISH. And SO WHAT if that's supposed to be my native language??? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!???

Thanks also for the info on the AT interview. After reviewing online notes from the Creation Con a few months ago, MS said they wouldn't be married...so it makes sense though that they are just TOGETHER...

And lastly, thank you Amanda for thinking of your fans enough to give us a little taste of SOMETHING that we've been parched for...a little shippy hope.
                          Last edited by Uber; 06 June 2005, 01:02 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            Florence knows lots of great ff's too! And if Tame's around, I'm sure she'll have loads - I think she betas for EVERYONE
                            I'll have a look for some good fics when I'll be home (I'm at work now ).
                            Meanwhile, you can read this one : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...neasyways.html
                            It's a funny fic but you'll love the end

Comment

hey guys !!!
                              been away one day and I got 5 pages to read!! you don't waste time !!!!
                              but i'm glad to see there are some good news here !! so thanks Major Sam and Uber for the interview. Beeing French I also think the translation from Lol4Jack is very good and clear...
                              Spoiler:
                              we have confirmation !!! they ARE TOGETHER !!! about time!!

other stuff

Mel, the link still doesn't work

same for the RDA and AT's vids...is that only me or what ?? I want to watch them !! Are they working for you guys ?? do you have some other links ?

Lol4Jack: nice translation
                              I think the
                              Spoiler:
                              "she tells to whomever wants to hear" might refer to Barret and his return on the show, she'll probably say that she's not single anymore certainly without saying clearly that she's with Jack. In this way they won't hurt the non shipper and let's aknowledge the shippers that they ARE together. i think it's what JM is refering to when he talks about "illusions", clear and not too direct at the same time so they keep all the different fans watching the show without hurting anyone!! but there's something they don't know !!!!!! WE WANT OUR BIG HONKIN' KISS !

about what I want:
                              so a kiss...YES!
                              a big honkin' kiss!..SURE!!
                              a bed scene ?...WHY NOT!!
                              a wedding...don't sure it's going very well with the sci fi genre or the stargate universe but if they do that in the gate room with friends form all over the off worlds, or off world on a beachy planet why not ! but like Lol4Jack I'm not really for SG1 as a love story so give me a big honkin' kiss and I'll be pleased with that
                              but as say Nell : "Give me an affectionate phone conversation at least!!! " totally agree!

by the way, like the idea of the flash back but they don't seem very fond of that in this show so don't think we'll get anything like that
                              Last edited by lonely_star; 06 June 2005, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                The flashback sequence! I like that idea. It's been done well in other shows!!
                                Hello Shippers

Flashback sequences are popular in X-files and JAG I like that too and SG1 tptb does not use them enough . I think they are a very important part of a show , any shows

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X