Originally posted by majorsal
    HOLY SHIPPER COOKIES!!!

sally

that about sums it up
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
      (little ship .... er snip )

Have you ever noticed how TV shows we loved to ship with all have the same problem...Niles and Daphne, Remington & Laura, David & Maddie, Jean-Luc and Beverly, Maxwell & Fran?
      Remington Steele!!!!!! Loved that show! Only been lusting after Pierce Brosnan for 20 years *cough-back-on-topic-now-cough*

I agree. I didn't see the last season of Farscape so can't comment on that, but most shows just don't seem able to resolve ship and keep it interesting. I'm not sure why that is. My life certainly didn't go down the pan when I got married OK, so this is sci-fi and isn't based on ship. SG-1 isn't about happy families, and I don't want it to be, but surely tptb can cope with allusions to S&J being married and still keep the show on track?!?!
      sigpic

Comment

Terrarin! Can you really see the pentagon from your rooftop????

Get out your zoom lens - there's folks that would pay HUGE sums for pics of General O'Neill going to work
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          I'm kinda' in between...

- Yes I want a kiss....
          - Yessss! I want a Kerry/Jack kinda of scene, no way a Pete/Sam kind of scene
          - Yesssssss! I want a snuggle, love you, been together for a while and now let's go and kick some A.... (behinds)

But definitely not to make SG-1 a J/S love story
          Yep - agreed.

I watch Stargate with my family and love that its appropriate for the kids too - mainly. I didn't like the bedroom scene in Chimera because of that (never mind cos of ) and wouldn't want to see anything like with S&J. My kids all ship for S&J too, and I wouldn't want to have to deny them seeing the resolution.
          sigpic

Comment

hi guys,

wow trying to catch up on all the posts!!

i've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.
            Racking my brains and i love the song by Carly Simon nobody does it better because it's true nobody is better than jack!!
            Really mellow song and sooo sweet,heard it while watching a film the other night and i thought of jack!!!

Any-one else have any suggestions???

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Does it ever And boy, did you provide

Yeah, that's the literal translation according to the on-line dictionary I checked out, and I MUCH MUCH prefer that translation. Leaves no doubt whatsoever

So, I have a new theory!!!!

Lots of spec and spoilers for S8 ahead

Spoiler:
              Remember JM's "Sam is far far away for personal and professional reasons" (quickly rescinded but, he said it )

Also, I know he answered my question about the regs saying it wouldn't be dealt with anytime soon .....So maybe it's already been dealt with.

Lets think a little about the state of play at the end of S8 - the Goa'uld and Replicators are defeated. SG-1 even have time to go an jolly (kinda) in M1&2 to grab a ZPM.

So, Sam's transferred to Area 51 to play with doohickies. (I think was a kosher spoiler) Which, btw, conveniently gets rid of the regs and Sam & Jack get married (wouldn't it be great to have a Colonel O'Neill back ) Daniel & Teal'c have also been doing other things - I think Daniel's on a dig somewhere and T with the Jaffa.

Open curtain on S9.

Then, Jack gets promoted, all hell breaks loose with the new threats, D & T get recalled and they work with newbie guy CM and Vala. Sam's return is delayed until they hit something scientific and they need her expertise again, and hey presto!

Yeah, huge leaps there on very vague spoilers, but my shippy imagination's suddenly been rekindled

If Sam & Jack really have got married, then I can handle RDA not being around, vague allusions, and anything else tptb throw at us. Even if they're not married yet, they are definitely together, and the above still applies

Suddenly I'm a very happy shipper this afternoon
              Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to believe that TPTB will zing us with some happy ship bits at least. Wasn't it this time last year that we had our ups and downs about Season 8? Although incredibly slow and stingy with the ship bits, we did get Threads and Moebius 2 at the end. Please tell me my codependency is not showing!!??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                hi guys,

wow trying to catch up on all the posts!!

i've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.
                Racking my brains and i love the song by Carly Simon nobody does it better because it's true nobody is better than jack!!
                Really mellow song and sooo sweet,heard it while watching a film the other night and i thought of jack!!!

wynterxx
                In My Life (The Beatles)

There are places I’ll remember all my life
                Though some have changed
                Some forever not for better
                Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
                With lovers and friends I still can recall
                Some are dead and some are living
                In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
                There is no one compares with you
                And these mem’ries lose their meaning
                When I think of love as something new

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
                For people and things that went before
                I know I’ll often stop and think about them
                In my life I’ll love you more

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Thanks Uber and MajorSam...

I've been reading over and over again AT's answer to the last question, I would love one of our French shippers to give us their interpretation, Florence, Marion, Caty... any thoughts?

In my poor french, my translation would go more like:

" However, waiting for Richard to come for one or two episodes, Samantha says, to who wants to hear, that she is not single... for you to judge!"

Wow, not single meaning she is with somebody... !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to think, I have mixed feelings:

- Either TPTB are leaving the ship open, meaning no mention of it, but we shippers are free to think that they are together.

- That when they say that RDA will still be very present in S9 is because JACK and SAM are in a relationship

- That she is with somebody else , bumped my head falling hard on floor just thinking about it

Hmmm, maybe we can ask Joe if he has any comments about the interview
                  Wow, news travel fast ! I've read this article this morning and we're already discussing it here. Thanks for Internet
                  I think your translation is right LOL4JACK. And sorry to break your dream Oma but I don't think it means that Sam and Jack are married. In french, you can say you're not single even if you're not married, you can say it when you're in a relation with someone, meaning you're not "alone".
                  So the way I see it, Sam and Jack are together, not yet married but hey, we know nothing about the end of S9
                  And I'm absolutely sure she's not with anybody else ! Don't even say it, it gives me shudders
                  Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                    Wow, news travel fast ! I've read this article this morning and we're already discussing it here. Thanks for Internet
                    I think your translation is right LOL4JACK. And sorry to break your dream Oma but I don't think it means that Sam and Jack are married. In french, you can say you're not single even if you're not married, you can say it when you're in a relation with someone, meaning you're not "alone".
                    So the way I see it, Sam and Jack are together, not yet married but hey, we know nothing about the end of S9
                    And I'm absolutely sure she's not with anybody else ! Don't even say it, it gives me shudders
                    ((((Florence))))

I know that really hon, I'm just dreaming. *shrugs* It's what I do best.

((((wynter & LOL4JACK))))

Love both those songs. They sum Jack up nicely. Nobody Does It Better would be great for a Jack tribute, My Life for a ship tribute.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      ((((Florence))))

I know that really hon, I'm just dreaming. *shrugs* It's what I do best.
                      Keep on dreaming Oma ! If we didn't have dreams, where all the shippers would be ?
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Keep on dreaming Oma ! If we didn't have dreams, where all the shippers would be ?
                        We'd be on the "Thread for Utterly Dejected Shippers"

I don't think there'd be many parties on that one

Dream on, Shippers!
                        sigpic

Comment

Idea - For a vid to commemorate the passing of the original SG-1, how about 'We are the Champions' by Queen. I'll put that with my shippy vid. Should take about a week.
                          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Yea! A FRENCH SHIPPER!

Now could you please check the translation...or better yet, translate the original so that we can be sure about the words used....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=wynter]hi guys,
                              I've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.

Coldplays Rush of blood to the head,
                              The following tracks Politik / In my place/ God put a smile upon your face,
                              and Clocks all have lyrics that could be very shippy. And all are really great songs. (IMO)

Comment

In My Life (The Beatles)

There are places I’ll remember all my life
                                Though some have changed
                                Some forever not for better
                                Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
                                With lovers and friends I still can recall
                                Some are dead and some are living
                                In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
                                There is no one compares with you
                                And these mem’ries lose their meaning
                                When I think of love as something new

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
                                For people and things that went before
                                I know I’ll often stop and think about them
                                In my life I’ll love you more
                                That is so Jack as he mellows and reflects in his years with Sam.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X