This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVIDENCE for HOPE!!

Amanda has given reliable clues over the year or so! I am unable to find and present the actual quotes but...

1. In a past interview or Gate Con she responded to a question about whether Sam and Pete would marry and if not would Sam and Jack reunite...blah blah blah.

She replied (paraphrasing here) that Sam's relationship with Pete would give her practice about love for when Sam and Jack got together! She immediately followed it with a denial. But, as we saw in Threads
    Spoiler:
    Sam broke up with Pete and Sam and Jack have rekindled their attraction and affection and more

2. In another interview Amanda referenced the
    Spoiler:
    LOOKS that Sam and Jack give each other
    in Season 8 as a clue for their feelings towards each other.

Throughout Season 8
    Spoiler:
    There were LOOKS. Can you gals help me list the scenes?

So, if in this French interview, if the translation is accurate and in Season 9
    Spoiler:
    Sam is not single. I can only believe that something significant has occurred between Sam and Jack. And given Amanda's track record, her spoiler is to be believed!
    sigpic

Comment

Quick flyby post...

Having been on vacation this week, I had some time to play with caps in Photoshop and in looking through my cap stash I found this one of the team...

But it wasn't the team that had made me capture this scene... It was the closeness of Sam and Jack. I’ve always enjoyed how comfortable they (S & J) are in each other’s space. Don't know if TPTB had intended it or not, especially when blocking this & other scenes off, but as an S/J shipping fan... I appreciate the easy familiarity the 2 actors brought to their characters.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

And more along those same lines.... Jack's character could have just as easily been placed on the floor in a right diagonal to Sam and Dan to deliver his banter with them... but wasn't.

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

In playing with Photoshop, I made some very nice Jack manips, icons & such that I posted on the thunk thread. Then decided yesterday to see what this wallpaper business was all about and played with some Sam & Jack caps & eventually came up with this:

Click Here for the wallpaper-sized version (1024 pixels wide x 768 high, 190Kfile size)

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
            My fave ship moment would be.....ALL OF THEM! Just Kidding...this is hard...probably
            1) Beneath the Surface:the Feelings scene makes me giddy
            S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R
            S
            A
            H
            E
            A
            D
            S
            E
            A
            S
            O
            N
            &
            2) the Heroes hug.so passionate and heartfelt...
            3) Threads: the Always moment
            4){in AU time,granted but still...}when Jack says Sam is HOT.Priceless.
            For everything else there's Masterca...Never mind.
            Laura

ps. I'm may not b albe to write 4 a while since the ENTIRE houshold is sick except me so I have to play nurse to everybody. I'll c if I can convince them to let me feed them Jello. It always makes me feel better...
            RLOL.....on the MC
            Hope everyone is feeling better soon. to make them feel better, why don't you show same SG1 shippy eps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              In playing with Photoshop, I made some very nice Jack manips, icons & such that I posted on the thunk thread. Then decided yesterday to see what this wallpaper business was all about and played with some Sam & Jack caps & eventually came up with this:
              Click Here for the wallpaper-sized version (1024 pixels wide x 768 high, 190Kfile size)
              that is sooo beautiful. With S9 shaping up the way it is, we shippers need alot of this kind of manip pics....thank you for sahring

Comment

And more along those same lines.... Jack's character could have just as easily been placed on the floor in a right diagonal to Sam and Dan to deliver his banter with them... but wasn't.

Thanks, again for the pix and comment! You seem technically minded. Perhaps you may shed some light on a Season 8 scene in Moebius 1
                Spoiler:
                When SG-1 and Jack were in the briefing room discussing the ZPM, Sam pushed a report to Jack. It looked like their hands brushed. The camera certainly was highlighting that report being passed from her to him. Do you think that it was just the camera angle giving us a perspective of 'brushing' or might it be intended that they shared contact? Blather Blather Blather. Fishing for Ship!!
                Thanks if you can shed light on this!
                sigpic

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...SVsamjack3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ck3closeup.jpg
                  you know how RDA and AT are jokers....I wonder what both of them said while doing this shot. A behind the scene would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Thanks, again for the pix and comment! You seem technically minded. Perhaps you may shed some light on a Season 8 scene in Moebius 1
                    Spoiler:
                    When SG-1 and Jack were in the briefing room discussing the ZPM, Sam pushed a report to Jack. It looked like their hands brushed. The camera certainly was highlighting that report being passed from her to him. Do you think that it was just the camera angle giving us a perspective of 'brushing' or might it be intended that they shared contact? Blather Blather Blather. Fishing for Ship!!
                    To answer... my disclaimer - this is only me and my own little old opinion (which I know many will disagree with, which is fine, since we are entitled to our own opinions...) ...but IMOHO I don't think it was intended to be shippy. Plus I'm thinking of a S6 behind-the-scenes thing where the directors were showing how certain scenes in "Cure" were set up. The showed how they blocked a scene where Jack and Sam were sitting a table looking at a text and showed how they cut back & forth and the blocking of the hand on the text closeup...

It there was contact I wouldn't think of any differently than if I touched your hand while handing you something. (Though I realize that S8 was *so* ship-lite and Jack-lite that any look or brushing or standing-closer-than-5-feet away got the fine-toothed-comb treatment from us! )

(((nell)))

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      Spoiler:

Well since his hand is no where near the report. I would say he was wanting to touch her.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../image2299.jpg

Well since his hand is no where near the report. I would say he was wanting to touch her.
                        Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... Sam's hand is pushing the report down quickly towards him. His hand is reaching up over hers to grab the top right of the report... what's been captured was that half-second that their paths intersected...

Screen caps can be dangerous things.... Jack in pain, if capped at the right moment, can look like he is in *intense pleasure.* (Believe me I know... I have about 10 caps from different eps that I trot out in the Thunk thread every so often. In the ep he's in agony, but capped... *giggles* It looks like a much different emotion! ) A grimace leading into a snark makes him look like he's puckering up for a kiss... 'Wetting his whistle' makes him look like he's in licking his lips in anticpation of a little some'um from the woman he loves... So if one doesn't know the context of that one second in time moment that was captured... it can be interpreted differently.

Now had he grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it, grinning at her... Then you would have heard me SQUEE! loud enough to break your eardrums!!!

((Rogue))
                        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 05 June 2005, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks Shimmering Star for your 'technical' opinion which I agree with from a Real World View. Thanks Rogue for the picture of the *sigh* hands *fades into stupor*. My AU self will see this as touching, brushing, and feeds my Fantasy World View. Hee, hee!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.
                            Oooh, I really like the sound of that! After all, us shippers have had little more to thrive on than past episodes and hope, and this certainly looks hopeful! Thank you, the wonderful person(s) who found/translated this!

"While we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes" This combined with RDA's recent teasings that he "may or may not" be coming back certainly sounds like he will be making future appearances. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Ahem... but it's just hope, right?

Oooh, I still feel all squeeishly happy inside! Wouldn't it be great if when Orlin returns and declares that he still has feelings for Sam, she turns around and tells him she "isn't single" (!!!) -- even if Orlin does appear to have decreased in age a few years. And Sam WON'T have found someone else in season 9. TPTB wouldn't be that cruel to us... would they?

No, they wouldn't. They definitely couldn't ignore the ship after Threads, that would be stupid. I mean, why would they make Sam (and Jack) go through all that agony just to waste it on a non-existant ending? And Amanda isn't that cruel, either, no matter how tantalizing the clue is.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... Sam's hand is pushing the report down quickly towards him. His hand is reaching up over hers to grab the top right of the report... what's been captured was that half-second that their paths intersected...

Screen caps can be dangerous things.... Jack in pain, if capped at the right moment, can look like he is in *intense pleasure.* (Believe me I know... I have about 10 caps from different eps that I trot out in the Thunk thread every so often. In the ep he's in agony, but capped... *giggles* It looks like a much different emotion! ) A grimace leading into a snark makes him look like he's puckering up for a kiss... 'Wetting his whistle' makes him look like he's in licking his lips in anticpation of a little some'um from the woman he loves... So if one doesn't know the context of that one second in time moment that was captured... it can be interpreted differently.

Now had it grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it, grinning at her... Then you would have heard me SQUEE! loud enough to break your eardrums!!!

((Rogue))
                              Well your probably right, but it is more fun to pretend it was on purpose.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...
                                Does it ever And boy, did you provide

Another translation of that bolded segment is..."she is not unmarried"
                                Yeah, that's the literal translation according to the on-line dictionary I checked out, and I MUCH MUCH prefer that translation. Leaves no doubt whatsoever

So, I have a new theory!!!!

Lots of spec and spoilers for S8 ahead

Spoiler:
                                Remember JM's "Sam is far far away for personal and professional reasons" (quickly rescinded but, he said it )

Also, I know he answered my question about the regs saying it wouldn't be dealt with anytime soon .....So maybe it's already been dealt with.

Lets think a little about the state of play at the end of S8 - the Goa'uld and Replicators are defeated. SG-1 even have time to go an jolly (kinda) in M1&2 to grab a ZPM.

So, Sam's transferred to Area 51 to play with doohickies. (I think was a kosher spoiler) Which, btw, conveniently gets rid of the regs and Sam & Jack get married (wouldn't it be great to have a Colonel O'Neill back ) Daniel & Teal'c have also been doing other things - I think Daniel's on a dig somewhere and T with the Jaffa.

Open curtain on S9.

Then, Jack gets promoted, all hell breaks loose with the new threats, D & T get recalled and they work with newbie guy CM and Vala. Sam's return is delayed until they hit something scientific and they need her expertise again, and hey presto!

Yeah, huge leaps there on very vague spoilers, but my shippy imagination's suddenly been rekindled

If Sam & Jack really have got married, then I can handle RDA not being around, vague allusions, and anything else tptb throw at us. Even if they're not married yet, they are definitely together, and the above still applies

Suddenly I'm a very happy shipper this afternoon
                                Last edited by Oma-1; 05 June 2005, 09:38 AM. Reason: forgot spoiler tags - oops sorry
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X