This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i can understand your feelings. many other shippers share it with you (though i'm not one of them ).

i, for one, want to SEE them in a relay. and i feel it's coming up! might not be soon, and then it might not be big (till the end), but things are going our way, shippers, so i'm rejoicing!!!

(it's not that i'm looking at it as the glass is half full *as opposed to half empty*, i'm looking at it as an entirely new glass! to go along with their new status of relationship)

sally
    I can see what you mean, and I'm very happy that they're still playing the relationship. I can't wait to see what happens next season!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      it said it couldn't connect

try this link

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...N0DDL72RWLPC20

Comment

Originally posted by JackONeill
        Ok, hopefully I don't get shot for saying this...

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I definitely don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.
        I agree with "JackONeill. Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...
        We have spent 8 years with "hints" and our imaginations are what make the whole topic exciting in the first place. Right? Once all the mystery is gone, the show will have lost some of it's appeal for me. (And I fully expect the mystery to be gone, soon.) Marriage or moving in together or having babies, or even "Pete-type/Kerry-type bedroom scenes" ...that's too overt. TPTB will likely make the resolution to be almost as subtle as the whole 8 year crush has been. That's okay, just as long as it's there. And it will be. The kiss? That will be probably subtle, too. But it will be there, my guess is 'special guest appearance-RDA' later in the season.

Have you ever noticed how TV shows we loved to ship with all have the same problem...Niles and Daphne, Remington & Laura, David & Maddie, Jean-Luc and Beverly, Maxwell & Fran?

Comment

Originally posted by JackONeill
          Ok, hopefully I don't get shot for saying this...

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I definitely don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.
          I agree with "JackONeill". Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...
          We have spent 8 years with "hints" and our imaginations are what make the whole topic exciting in the first place. Right? Once all the mystery is gone, the show will have lost some of it's appeal for me. (And I fully expect the mystery to be gone, soon.) Marriage or moving in together or having babies, or even "Pete-type/Kerry-type bedroom scenes" ...that's too overt. TPTB will likely make the resolution to be almost as subtle as the whole 8 year crush has been. That's okay, just as long as it's there. And it will be. The kiss? That will be probably subtle, too. But it will be there, my guess is 'special guest appearance-RDA' later in the season.

Have you ever noticed how TV shows we loved to ship with all have the same problem...Niles and Daphne, Remington & Laura, David & Maddie, Jean-Luc and Beverly, Maxwell & Fran?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
            I agree with "JackONeill. Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...

my tastes are more overt, like we had with sam and pete in chimera. i like *seeing* romance.

i haven't watched all the couples you've mentioned above, but i think i can safely say that the reason they fizzled when they got together was by the time they got together, we almost didn't give a flying fig anymore (add troi/riker). showing the *chase*, for want of a better term, too long can wear out the viewers (and wear out their enthusiasm). i feel sam and jack haven't hit that fork in the road yet, so yay!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree with "JackONeill". Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...

Don't compare Jack and Sam's ship to Jean-Luc's and Beverly's! I love TNG, but I must say, they handled that ship poorly and never satisfied me (especially with that bit in the future about being divorced!) I'd like to think that TPTB have a little bit more taste and sense then that.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

OMG!!!!

REVALATION!!!!!

So just now I was discussing the origin of "For Pete's Sake" with UberSg1 and ForeverSg1...

I stated "I like the name Petey, but that's because it's my uncle's nickname! He's a police man!"

WAIT A SECOND.... Petey the Policeman!? Pete the Police Officer!?!?!?

AAAAH, My uncle's evil!!!!

Originally posted by Cassie
                Yay that's definitely a pick me up
                Something to hold on to until we see what July brings. Great to hear about Amanda and the family too!

Thanks Uber and MajorSam!!!!
                No problem
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                  Mel....I still cannot get on that site.

Comment

Firstly, thanks Uber-SG-1 for the translated AT interview. I hope that "she isn't single" is code for Jack and Sam are openly together even if in JM's so-called "allusion."

Secondly, Majorsal, you are correct. The CHASE can be thrilling but the excitement can be lost if the prize is not won in a reasonable amount of time. Take Farscape, for an example of doing it the right way, within four years John Crichton and Aeryn had a rocking, roller coaster ride of simmer, chase, catch, deep rollicking romance, crisis, loss, reawakening and rejoining. IOW, did not disappoint, well, did not disappoint me in comparison to other shows.

Thirdly, Terrarin, I am familiar with those couples especially Remington & Laura and Dave and Maddie. What is it with these American series that have excruciatingly long foreplays? Or, did I make that up? Is it me or is there a pattern to these American series? Oh, I'm American.

Lastly, I really, really enjoy these opportunities to read and participate in discussions. Thank goodness for internet and terrific websites like Gateworld. OK, stepping down from my soapbox.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

===========

Another translation of that bolded segment is..."she is not unmarried"

But here is the verbatim answer in French...I'll leave it to our French shippers to give us the best translation...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!
                      Thanks Uber and MajorSam...

I've been reading over and over again AT's answer to the last question, I would love one of our French shippers to give us their interpretation, Florence, Marion, Caty... any thoughts?

In my poor french, my translation would go more like:

" However, waiting for Richard to come for one or two episodes, Samantha says, to who wants to hear, that she is not single... for you to judge!"

Wow, not single meaning she is with somebody... !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to think, I have mixed feelings:

- Either TPTB are leaving the ship open, meaning no mention of it, but we shippers are free to think that they are together.

- That when they say that RDA will still be very present in S9 is because JACK and SAM are in a relationship

- That she is with somebody else , bumped my head falling hard on floor just thinking about it

Hmmm, maybe we can ask Joe if he has any comments about the interview

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i can understand your feelings. many other shippers share it with you (though i'm not one of them ).

i, for one, want to SEE them in a relay. and i feel it's coming up! might not be soon, and then it might not be big (till the end), but things are going our way, shippers, so i'm rejoicing!!!

(it's not that i'm looking at it as the glass is half full *as opposed to half empty*, i'm looking at it as an entirely new glass! to go along with their new status of relationship)

sally
                        I'm kinda' in between...

- Yes I want a kiss....
                        - Yessss! I want a Kerry/Jack kinda of scene, no way a Pete/Sam kind of scene
                        - Yesssssss! I want a snuggle, love you, been together for a while and now let's go and kick some A.... (behinds)

But definitely not to make SG-1 a J/S love story

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                          I re-watched "Threads" again and can I just say "gawd, I just love Jacob"!!!
                          Spoiler:

especially in the briefing room scene when they were discussing "the weapon" had to be destroyed.
                          When Sam got the "urgent" phone call Jacob was watching Jack watch Sam then looks at her and back to Jack and then he chuckles to himself!!(YES, he does!!watch it again!!!)
                          Then he made sure to say aloud where she was supposed to be that morning,calling Sam on the fact that she was using work to avoid "you know who"!!!
                          tee hee!!!!! You know she was avoiding the spud 'cuz why else would she be there that early in the morning (Sam called Jack that morning you know) just hoping that *something* would come up so she didn't have to go!!

I'm just really curious how many times she played the "I have important work to do" exuse just to avoid Spud????
                          Oh!!! And another thing about "Threads"
                          Spoiler:

IMO, when she desribed to spud about "the house she always wanted" you know she was talking about Jack's house, from the stone and wood facade and huge wooded back yard, right down to the yellow kitchen!
                          Yes fellow shippers, as seen in "Citizen Joe", Jack has a yellow kitchen!!!

waterfall
                          Oh, my gosh! Don't ever forget to post again! I went back and watched, and you are so right!!!!! So subtle. I'm so glad you noticed it, and thankful that you shared it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                            Don't compare Jack and Sam's ship to Jean-Luc's and Beverly's! I love TNG, but I must say, they handled that ship poorly ......... to think that TPTB have a little bit more taste and sense then that.
                            Sorry Dnl.'s Twn, I was not trying to compare any of these couples to S/J (that would just be WRONG) all I was comparing how our level of "excitement" changes whenever most ships eventually 'happen.'
                            Don't worry about the taste and sense of OUR PTB, they love us, I'm sure, don't ya' think?

Originally posted by nell
                            ............... The CHASE can be thrilling but the excitement can be lost if the prize is not won in a reasonable amount of time. Take Farscape, for an example of doing it the right way, .............
                            Nell, it does seem the PTB have been unreasonable in how long they've made us wait. Farscape did pull off the 'ship recovery', but do you think our writers could have pulled it off? I kind of wonder if the quality of the total show would of changed if we had this public, ongoing relationship going on, blatlently breaking the 'rules' and having to deal with the issues that the rules were there for in the first place.

Originally posted by nell
                            Thirdly, Terrarin, I am familiar with those couples especially Remington & Laura and Dave and Maddie.
                            Hee, Hee. Those were the two I wondered the most if anyone would remember.

Finally, Sg-1fanintn, THANKS for the kitchen thingy!

Comment

Nell, it does seem the PTB have been unreasonable in how long they've made us wait. Farscape did pull off the 'ship recovery', but do you think our writers could have pulled it off? I kind of wonder if the quality of the total show would of changed if we had this public, ongoing relationship going on, blatlently breaking the 'rules' and having to deal with the issues that the rules were there for in the first place.
                              Yes, the 'Regulations' thingy! Although, if she had become a civilian scientist way back when, e.g. honorable discharge for injuries or s.t. then they would have the opportunity for a relationship. I know, I know... why should the woman have to retire. OK, I admit it would be 1. complicated 2. I wouldn't want them to break the regs.

Is this the part where I empathize with TPTB regarding the development of the romance due to the military aspects let alone Sam's strong, independent, career-mindedness? I don't want to do it *pouts*!!

Hee, Hee. Those were the two I wondered the most if anyone would remember.
                              You are not the only gal around here to have a crush on Pierce and Bruce in their early careers. Funny, but I wasn't a MacGyver fan. I didn't watch the show. No recollection of why not.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...so here's a recent interview with Amanda Tapping...pay specific attention to the last question/answer...

***snippage***

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

===========

Another translation of that bolded segment is..."she is not unmarried"

But here is the verbatim answer in French...I'll leave it to our French shippers to give us the best translation...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!
                                That just gives me a tingle! No, its not enough for 8 years and its nothing concrete, but, darned if it doesn't sound nice.
                                Thanks, Uber, for posting it here. I don't have time to read very much and I would have hated to miss this.
                                sigpic
                                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                                X