This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST-1
    How irritating of him. A simple "maybe" would have sufficed. He's just as bad as TPTB when it comes to leaving us hanging!

Back to ShipTalk...this has probably been discussed before, but if so, it bears repeating....

What, in your opinion, is the single shippiest moment out of all 8 seasons?
    Well, RDA's not ruling out a return, so to me that means HOPE Been living on that for years with Sam & Jack, so a bit longer won't make much difference

My single shippiest moment is Lost City
    Spoiler:
    The final moments before Jack goes into stasis. Sam calls him Jack! Jack looks at Sam with such sorrow and love, Sam returns the look with despair and disbelief. Then the way Jack looks at Sam before the chamber activates, and her hand on the ice
    ..... still makes me tear up watching it.

Fortunately, I love angst and now I know what Jack actually said, rates it waaaaay up there on my shippy list
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      100 Days - It is a Jack episode and I watch it for that reason. But, I don't like it. It has the "L" word in it. *plooey*
      Jack would never have given up that quickly!

By reasoning out explanations that satisfy me somewhat to not having actual Sam and Jack moments, does not mean that I don't think many scenese deserved follow-up. Its just my way of coping with the lack there-of.
      That ep is verboten in my house! (you can get so much more expression with the german word ) My son keeps complaining cos he hasn't seen that ep all the way through yet! If he has it on and I come in the room, he has to turn it off - I tell him to watch it when I'm not around. I can't control my language when that woman is on the screen! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. And that final scene is such a slap in the face for Sam - its not angst - its cruel.

Umm - sorry to anyone who likes that ep :sheepish look:

Edit: Verboten means fobidden
      sigpic

Comment

As lots of you named D&C as your no 1 shippy moment (no 2 for me ) anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm really interested to hear your opinions (hence shamelessy plugging the question again )

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Watching Urgo today made me think about Upgrades/D&C - the link being Urgo's suggestions and the virus mind altering properties.

If I remember correctly, the virus basically lowered their self-control / inhibitions, hence the disregarding orders. I wondered if we would have had the look if it weren't for the virus from the armbands. I know the armbands had already fallen off, but wouldn't the effects linger for a while?

Just to play devil's advocate for mo ....I don't think Jack would have left Sam behind, but equally, without the effect of the armbands, would they have shared their feelings for each other with the look, or would they have kept it more professional?
        sigpic

Comment

That ep is verboten in my house! (you can get so much more expression with the german word ) My son keeps complaining cos he hasn't seen that ep all the way through yet! If he has it on and I come in the room, he has to turn it off - I tell him to watch it when I'm not around. I can't control my language when that woman is on the screen! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. And that final scene is such a slap in the face for Sam - its not angst - its cruel.

Umm - sorry to anyone who likes that ep :sheepish look:

Edit: Verboten means fobidden

Geez there are people who don't know what verboten means?

Anyway, I have watched that ep, but can't stand the That Woman.

On a brighter, though slightly ansty (but not cruel-angsty) note. I have made my first ship vid!! It's on Yousendit and has a very long url which I'm to tired to put up now but I linked it earlier on page 56 of the music video thread and page 1233 on the RDA thunk thread so it should be easy to find. I love ship vids and feedback, and it'd be great to hear from the shipper-family on it

Comment

As lots of you named D&C as your no 1 shippy moment (no 2 for me ) anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm really interested to hear your opinions (hence shamelessy plugging the question again )
            Wow, with Heroes, D&C and Lost City...it's hard to choose any one moment. It's like choosing a best time of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
              How irritating of him. A simple "maybe" would have sufficed. He's just as bad as TPTB when it comes to leaving us hanging!

Back to ShipTalk...this has probably been discussed before, but if so, it bears repeating....

What, in your opinion, is the single shippiest moment out of all 8 seasons?

For me, it was the
              Spoiler:
              Heroes, Part II hug! The way Jack turns his face into Sam's neck is something that sends shivers up my spine every time I watch it! For all we know, he could be kissing her. And the way she sighs and closes her eyes, you know there's no place she'd rather be.
              Uh-huh. Ship's a-sailin', right there.

wow mine is Heroes too! without hesitation...there is so much more than what is said!! their eyes speak so much and his head in her neck.... I totally agree with you!!!!
              so thanks token !! (no green, got to spread love before! but THANKS so much! )
              the other moment I really appreciate is Death Knell because we haven't seen them so close for a long time, and this time there is a little contact and I remember I was very pleased to see that when it happened, so it's a very good remember (even if since then we got some other good...very good stuff )

Comment

Heya!!!!!!

I watched Abyss yesterday, and found another shippy moment. When they realise that Kanan had returned to the fortress to get the lo'taur...it's Sam that figures it out...I think she thought back to Divide and Conquer and how Jack refused to leave her....I just got the image of the forcefield in my head when I saw the look of realisation on Sam's face...AW!

BTW - I don't care what ANY producers say...Sam and Jack ARE together!

Oh! The front page of my new webby's up...DON'T click on any of the links...those pages aren't up yet.

http://stargateintel.bravehost.com

check it out!!!!

ps - I'll need be needing someone to write some shippy articles for Atlantis.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Heads up - http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/1635/2/

SOMEONE BUY THAT MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Speaking of Season 7. This is a pic from Space Race. I want to know where the heck is Jack? Poor man, everytime she is decked out in leather the guy is somewhere else.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Re: Favorite Shippy Moment

Have to agree with D & C. The scene where he walks away and looks back at her, *sigh*
                      That's a tough question - but a fun one. This is the moment that first came to mind for me. I think it's because there's absoloutely no question as to the depth of his feelings. You can like someone or have a crush on them or just have the hots for them or whatever, but you don't volunteer to end your life as you know it unless you LOVE them more than life itself.

For me, that scene revealed even more than the "a lot more than I'm supposed to" scene.

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker

That's a tough question - but a fun one. This is the moment that first came to mind for me. I think it's because there's absoloutely no question as to the depth of his feelings. You can like someone or have a crush on them or just have the hots for them or whatever, but you don't volunteer to end your life as you know it unless you LOVE them more than life itself.

For me, that scene revealed even more than the "a lot more than I'm supposed to" scene.
                        Absolutely, sugarshaker. There was just no "take it either way" to it. It was.
                        Short of having them show up in season 9, embracing in a "this reality" kiss and declaring their love (not in a dream), and never taking it back by the end of the shows run, or reversing it in any following movies, I don't see anything replacing this episodes's scenes as my favorite.
                        *Did I cover all of the "implied" possibilities.*
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Absolutely, sugarshaker. There was just no "take it either way" to it. It was.
                          Absolutely! From then on, the dye was definitely cast!

Short of having them show up in season 9, embracing in a "this reality" kiss and declaring their love (not in a dream), and never taking it back by the end of the shows run, or reversing it in any following movies, I don't see anything replacing this episodes's scenes as my favorite.
                          *Did I cover all of the "implied" possibilities.*
                          And I love your implications! Just wish we could see some of them on-screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PDVD_003.jpg

Speaking of Season 7. This is a pic from Space Race. I want to know where the heck is Jack? Poor man, everytime she is decked out in leather the guy is somewhere else.
                            Sam and Jack definately need to go for a ride together.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Okay here's the link to my very first shippy vid. Please watch it an tell me what you think!

My Heart Will Go On

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker

I agree too!!!
                                I think it shows the depth of his feelings for her, that he would be willing to die to save her.

waterfall

PS: I have more to post later, but I have to go clean my carpets now.

Comment

Working...
                                X