This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    I always took that line as Jack trying to say he had not been acting like himself since joining the SGC, that being "a by the rules guy" was not him. But his feelings for Sam made the words come out with more "personal" emotion that he had intended.
    MOHO is that like Sal's - you can put your own spin on it since it's one of those classic PTB ambiguous dialogue lines. I think even Sam wasn't sure which way to take it by the way she stood there after Jack bounded on up the control room steps, seeming to think - should I be hurt what he just said or not?

At face value (non-ship), he was saying that ever since he'd met Sam he'd been putting on an act - hiding a vengeful, nasty interior from her (and the others). And Sam (just like the rest of us) knew - uh-uh, this guy is Mr. Direct... No way could he have hid that for 3 years...

So then there's the shippy interpretation - that his relationship changed him; having known/been with Sam had made him change for the better. And potentially a signal to Sam (if she could pick up on it) that something was going on.

I guess one reason I was irritated that they didn't give Jack something to say (other than a look) at the end of SoG was that this ep was on the heels of A Hundred Days. Where Sam had obsessively worked on the particle beam accelerator non-stop for 3 months and, IMO, had finally been able to acknowledge that she had some serious feelings for Jack. So even if she had an idea that something was up, she also couldn't help by feeling a bit hurt (IMOHO). So a little follow-up at the end would have been great... but yes, I know... It would have been asking too much for a word or three.... y'know...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Here are the photos I promised you I'd post when I got home tonight. They're off-camera (AT & RDA horsing around) during the filming of Death Knell, and the kiss that didn't make it on air. I apologize in advance to whoever I lifted them from. I honestly don't remember, and when I do save shippy photos, it's just so I can go back and sigh over them, so no harm intended!

Happy ship!
      Ohhh WOW.... My shippy heart is rejoicing

At least the actors agree with us on what really SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

Thank you for sharing these, sg-1fanintn!

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
        Hi Everyone:

Real life has been kicking my butt the last couple of days and I haven't had a chance to comment about the S7 Evolution Part 1 and 2 episodes:

I love it whenever Jack talks with Sam about their respective missions and to be careful. You can just see the love in his eyes and his concern for her welfare.

Also..when she returns and he's waiting for her, he comments something like "good command." She has to take it as a tremendous compliment coming from him on her leadership ability--and the love that goes along with it make it doubly special.

Had to throw that out as I watched the episodes late last week.

Keep shipping!!
        I just watched these 2 days ago!!! What a coincidence

And I totally agree! There is so much love and passion there.

S
        P
        O
        I
        L
        E
        R
        S

Both are going on dangerous missions. But most importantly, on separate missions, so they won't be able to watch each others' six. But they gotta do what they gotta do.

I think it was killing Jack to send Sam to possibly face Anubis without being there to help her. It's not that he doesn't trust her, it's just that he knows what Anubis is capable of. (I just ended that sentence with a preposition ) But Daniel is also a valuable part of his team, so Jack has to get him back. I bet you in the scene where Jack is drinking beer and waiting for his contact to show up, he is actually thinking of Sam and where she is now. He just looks so deep in his thoughts, so concerned.
        What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          MOHO is that like Sal's - you can put your own spin on it since it's one of those classic PTB ambiguous dialogue lines. I think even Sam wasn't sure which way to take it by the way she stood there after Jack bounded on up the control room steps, seeming to think - should I be hurt what he just said or not?

At face value (non-ship), he was saying that ever since he'd met Sam he'd been putting on an act - hiding a vengeful, nasty interior from her (and the others). And Sam (just like the rest of us) knew - uh-uh, this guy is Mr. Direct... No way could he have hid that for 3 years...

So then there's the shippy interpretation - that his relationship changed him; having known/been with Sam had made him change for the better. And potentially a signal to Sam (if she could pick up on it) that something was going on.

I guess one reason I was irritated that they didn't give Jack something to say (other than a look) at the end of SoG was that this ep was on the heels of A Hundred Days. Where Sam had obsessively worked on the particle beam accelerator non-stop for 3 months and, IMO, had finally been able to acknowledge that she had some serious feelings for Jack. So even if she had an idea that something was up, she also couldn't help by feeling a bit hurt (IMOHO). So a little follow-up at the end would have been great... but yes, I know... It would have been asking too much for a word or three.... y'know...
          100 Days - It is a Jack episode and I watch it for that reason. But, I don't like it. It has the "L" word in it. *plooey*
          Jack would never have given up that quickly!

By reasoning out explanations that satisfy me somewhat to not having actual Sam and Jack moments, does not mean that I don't think many scenese deserved follow-up. Its just my way of coping with the lack there-of.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
            I just watched these 2 days ago!!! What a coincidence

And I totally agree! There is so much love and passion there.

S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R
            S

Both are going on dangerous missions. But most importantly, on separate missions, so they won't be able to watch each others' six. But they gotta do what they gotta do.

I think it was killing Jack to send Sam to possibly face Anubis without being there to help her. It's not that he doesn't trust her, it's just that he knows what Anubis is capable of. (I just ended that sentence with a preposition ) But Daniel is also a valuable part of his team, so Jack has to get him back. I bet you in the scene where Jack is drinking beer and waiting for his contact to show up, he is actually thinking of Sam and where she is now. He just looks so deep in his thoughts, so concerned.
            What do you guys think?
            You're absolutely right. Jack was so solemn and deep in thought.
            Spoiler:
            I'm sure he was worried about Daniel and getting him back safely, but even more so you know he was thinking about Sam and what she was facing with Anubis. He couldn't even share those concerns with anyone (Brooks or whatever his name was). Jack had to hold all those feelings inside himself and concentrate on rescuing Daniel. What a pro. I guess both those missions were hard on Sam and Jack because they had to be independent of each other and know that they were on their own--even if the other was thinking about them.
            -girlgater

Comment

Gateworld just posted an interview with RDA from Now Playing Magazine. In it, he talks about why he left SG-1 and whether he'll return. It's at:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...idepartu.shtml

He doesn't commit, but I think that's just RDA being snarky. I've thought about it ever since I heard about the Spacey Awards. I just don't think that a guy leaving the genre behind would let his acceptance speech (from a pool dressed in a suit) be the linear bit (running gag) for a big awards show. It just doesn't seem worth the effort. So I've chosen to believe he'll be back on our screens.......

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Gateworld just posted an interview with RDA from Now Playing Magazine. In it, he talks about why he left SG-1 and whether he'll return. It's at:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...idepartu.shtml

He doesn't commit, but I think that's just RDA being snarky. (snip)
                How irritating of him. A simple "maybe" would have sufficed. He's just as bad as TPTB when it comes to leaving us hanging!

Back to ShipTalk...this has probably been discussed before, but if so, it bears repeating....

What, in your opinion, is the single shippiest moment out of all 8 seasons?

For me, it was the
                Spoiler:
                Heroes, Part II hug! The way Jack turns his face into Sam's neck is something that sends shivers up my spine every time I watch it! For all we know, he could be kissing her. And the way she sighs and closes her eyes, you know there's no place she'd rather be.
                Uh-huh. Ship's a-sailin', right there.
                Last edited by ST-1; 02 June 2005, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                  How irritating of him. A simple "maybe" would have sufficed. He's just as bad as TPTB when it comes to leaving us hanging!

Back to ShipTalk...this has probably been discussed before, but if so, it bears repeating....

For me, it was the
                  Spoiler:
                  Heroes, Part II hug! The way Jack turns his face into Sam's neck is something that sends shivers up my spine every time I watch it! For all we know, he could be kissing her. And the way she sighs and closes her eyes, you know there's no place she'd rather be.
                  For me without a doubt
                  Spoiler:
                  The ALWAYS moment
                  still can't get over it.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

For me, it was the
                    Spoiler:
                    Would that be AU or RU? (Real universe) RU, it's probably the part in Divide and Conquer where Jack starts talking about his feelings for Carter and her feelings for him. True, no physical actions, but in that flashback scene, the heat was so intense, the force shield fluctuated. If that's not ship, I dunno what is.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                      Would that be AU or RU? (Real universe) RU, it's probably the part in Divide and Conquer where Jack starts talking about his feelings for Carter and her feelings for him. True, no physical actions, but in that flashback scene, the heat was so intense, the force shield fluctuated. If that's not ship, I dunno what is.
                      Have to agree with D & C. The scene where he walks away and looks back at her, *sigh*, or as they gaze at each other through the force shield. Maybe because I've had those moments for so long to cherish and thats when I knew, absolutely, that there was ship, that episode, those moments, are my very favorite shippy moments.
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

My two cents worth:

No. 2: D&C when Jack looks into Sam's eyes "...a lot more than I'm supposed to."

No. 1: Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack looks at Sam and says "Always," and she turns to him and meets his gaze.

These were real Sam and Jack moments. As close as we ever got to an admission of love and longing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                          100 Days - It is a Jack episode and I watch it for that reason. But, I don't like it. It has the "L" word in it. *plooey*
                          Jack would never have given up that quickly!

By reasoning out explanations that satisfy me somewhat to not having actual Sam and Jack moments, does not mean that I don't think many scenese deserved follow-up. Its just my way of coping with the lack there-of.
                          This is probably the one ep I really don't like and have a hard time watching because I can't believe that he would have given up so soon and so easily either. Especially since he's the one thats always saying that no one gets left behind. So how did he forget so soon that everyone on earth (Sam) would be trying to find any way they could think of to get him back . And why did he let that pushy woman lead him around like that ?

Sorry, end of rant. It's just that I really don't like that ep and can't get over the fact that the he was written so out of character and at the same time showing Sam realizing that she felt something for him! FCOL

OK, I'm finished now, really.
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

For me, it was the
                            Spoiler:
                            Hey, after 8 years we are experts at hanging!!! I'm just glad he might be back. That means that there might be some more visual ship!!

In answer to your question, I'm going with "Beneath the Surface" when Jonah and Thera reveal "feelings" and the intimate sharing of each other the scene exudes. At least that is my answer for today!

Here is a little (and I mean little) gif of your favorite scene...
                            Spoiler for S7 Heroes II

For a BIGGER version, you can download it at Marimba's site http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysteam.html Look for Token's GIFs. There is also a GIF of the behind-the-scenes Death Knell "kiss" .

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              ((((((((((((((((((((TOKEN)))))))))))))))))))))))

You totally rock! Green jello for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Hey, after 8 years we are experts at hanging!!! I'm just glad he might be back. That means that there might be some more visual ship!!

In answer to your question, I'm going with "Beneath the Surface" when Jonah and Thera reveal "feelings" and the intimate sharing of each other the scene exudes. At least that is my answer for today!

Spoiler for S7 Heroes II

For a BIGGER version, you can download it at Marimba's site http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysteam.html Look for Token's GIFs. There is also a GIF of the behind-the-scenes Death Knell "kiss" .

That is soooo cute! Can I download it to photobucket or directly to My Pictures? thanx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X