This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Sounds good, though I guess I'd assumed that they'd never left the gateroom in the scene having been only very shortly after coming back through the gate.

'Course the drawing straws scene right after that was priceless. I count that amongst one of my favorite eps.
    I never believed that they actually drew straws, either. I think Daniel was just teasing and that you couldn't have kept him from going. Daniel is the let's have a talk type. Teal'c doesn't seem like the diplomatic, let me help, type, and Sam would have been too upset. Just seems logical that Daniel would show up then give Jack the drawing straws story.

*It's becoming like a job to insert scenes into the episodes to satisfy my ship-needs.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Sounds good, though I guess I'd assumed that they'd never left the gateroom in the scene having been only very shortly after coming back through the gate.

'Course the drawing straws scene right after that was priceless. I count that amongst one of my favorite eps.
      ya true, I think once Sam found out that he Had to act like that to her she understood part of the job. I think Sam and Jack had a discussion after the halway seen

What do you guys think could have happend if Sam drew the shortness(sp?)straw?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
        ya true, I think once Sam found out that he Had to act like that to her she understood part of the job. I think Sam and Jack had a discussion after the halway seen

As I said, I don't think they really drew straws. But if they did and Sam was the one to choose the straw, I think Teal'c would have offered to go in her place. But had Sam actually gone, I think Jack would have trusted her enough to let spill, if not the whole thing, at least enough to let her know that all was not as it appeared. I honestly don't think he could have given her the same treatment he gave Daniel.
        sigpic
        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          As I said, I don't think they really drew straws. But if they did and Sam was the one to choose the straw, I think Teal'c would have offered to go in her place. But had Sam actually gone, I think Jack would have trusted her enough to let spill, if not the whole thing, at least enough to let her know that all was not as it appeared. I honestly don't think he could have given her the same treatment he gave Daniel.
          I'm not so sure - I'm kinda torn between Jack wanting to

a) protect her at all costs from any sort of threat from rogue NID. In which case, if Sam had turned up at his place, he couldn't let anything slip cos he wouldn't take the chance that Maybourne would find out and get to her. I mean, look how frantic he was in Desperate Measures.

b) not want to hurt her (like he did Daniel). We all know Jack has a soft centre and his feelings for Sam being so deep ....

OK. Decision time .... I think he probably wouldn't have let anything slip. His overriding concern would have been for Sam's safety. He would have relied on her Military professionalism to understand why he wouldn't tell her. Plus, hurting her feelings isn't fatal.

But I don't believe they drew straws either. Daniel's the talky-feely one of SG-1.
          sigpic

Comment

As I think more about it, I think there is a possibility that Sam may have guessed there was more to it. At the end she did not have the look of someone very surprised or shocked by what had happened. I don't think she would have gone to Jack herself for that reason.
            sigpic

Comment

Since Jack had already resigned at that point, she should have ditched the straws altogether and gone over there and jumped him.

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Blueiris
                As I think more about it, I think there is a possibility that Sam may have guessed there was more to it. At the end she did not have the look of someone very surprised or shocked by what had happened. I don't think she would have gone to Jack herself for that reason.
                Excellent point. She did kinda take it in her stride. Maybe once the shock of Jack's "retirement" wore off she realised that Jack would never steal from an ally and guessed it was some sort of blackops thing.

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Since Jack had already resigned at that point, she should have ditched the straws altogether and gone over there and jumped him.
                Last edited by Oma-1; 01 June 2005, 01:42 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                  Yeah, twice now he has resigned and she didn't take advantage of either situation.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...cesamjack1.jpg

"This is my Dad you’re talking to Jack…"

(S6's Allegiance)
                    "This is your future father-in-law you're talking to, Jack..."

sigpic
                    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Yeah, twice now he has resigned and she didn't take advantage of either situation.
                      We defintely have to do some re-writing...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

yum jello!!!!!! thanks oma ((((((oma))))))

Sam and Jack's fav. food!
                        "And I did a scene with Rick, and in between takes – or even during takes if the camera was on him – I'd put blue jello on my tongue and let it dissolve, and then just go (shows the blue in her mouth) (audience laughs) and poor Rick would be like, in the middle of a scene going, (trying not to get distracted) "Kiss me Rick, come on – you know you wanna!" "Blue jello!" But now it's just become this crazy thing. And I actually quite enjoy it. So…..that's Sam's new favourite food."

from: http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=121
                        ((((( Cassie )))))

Thanks for the AT interview I can't believe I never saw it before, it's great with all those stories.... and I like when in one place you get to read about:

- Jello
                        - RDA kissing

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

It was quite a response.

And it always bothered me that at the end of the episode, in the gateroom with the team standing there, that TPTB gave dialogue to Jack to say to Daniel to make up for the hurtful things he said him, but they didn't give any to him to apologize poublicly to Sam. (And his 'slights' to Daniel had been in the privacy of Jack's home... those to Sam had been at the SGC in front of Teal'c and at the steps up into the control room where many more people could see/hear what he had to say...) Although there was a look that Jack gave her... if you watch, before Jack says "Ummm Daniel about what I said..." Jack is looking to Daniel's right, where Sam was standing and his look to Sam (IMO) was one of 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said, forgive me?" But I've often wondered why TPTB didn't give dialogue for Jack to say to make amends with Sam (and if that was RDA inserting the sorrowful looks {and unsaid apology} that might not have been in the script).

BTW... no spoiler tags needed on episodes from seasons before 7 & 8.

i didn't take what jack said to sam as an insult.

Sam: "Well, sir, with respect, you haven't exactly been acting like yourself.

Jack: "No, Carter, I haven't been acting like myself since I met you. Now, I'm acting like myself."

i felt it was one of those *famous* ambiguous statements, that could be taken as either 'i haven't been acting like myself because you stunt me', or, 'i haven't been acting like myself because you wow me'. i take it as the latter myself , but it was done ambiguously enough (dialog *and* acting) that a fan could take it either way. but since i knew how jack felt/thought about sam, i took it as shippy.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
                            Hello Family!

I just watched Death Knell, again. Every time I watch it, I just have to rewatch that shippy scene at least twice. I am sure you all know which scene I am talking about
                            The look in Jack's eyes and the softness of his voice is so passionate when he offers her to get up. After they both sit down, it looks like he is really trying to say something to her. He keeps on opening his mouth and holding himself back, until he finally offers for her to rest on his shoulder... Ohhh... so shippy... I have goosebumps

And I just love that Teal'c gets the ship. He just stands there giving them their privacy.

I wonder what they talked about after the camera panned out... It just looked like Jack was telling Sam something...
                            Here are the photos I promised you I'd post when I got home tonight. They're off-camera (AT & RDA horsing around) during the filming of Death Knell, and the kiss that didn't make it on air. I apologize in advance to whoever I lifted them from. I honestly don't remember, and when I do save shippy photos, it's just so I can go back and sigh over them, so no harm intended!

Happy ship!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              i didn't take what jack said to sam as an insult.

Sam: "Well, sir, with respect, you haven't exactly been acting like yourself.

Jack: "No, Carter, I haven't been acting like myself since I met you. Now, I'm acting like myself."
                              (snipped)
                              sally
                              I always took that line as Jack trying to say he had not been acting like himself since joining the SGC, that being "a by the rules guy" was not him. But his feelings for Sam made the words come out with more "personal" emotion that he had intended.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Real life has been kicking my butt the last couple of days and I haven't had a chance to comment about the S7 Evolution Part 1 and 2 episodes:

I love it whenever Jack talks with Sam about their respective missions and to be careful. You can just see the love in his eyes and his concern for her welfare.

Also..when she returns and he's waiting for her, he comments something like "good command." She has to take it as a tremendous compliment coming from him on her leadership ability--and the love that goes along with it make it doubly special.

Had to throw that out as I watched the episodes late last week.

Keep shipping!!
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X