Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      Is he staring at her six?
      sigpic

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShimmeringStar
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ncesamjack3.jpg
        Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        Is he staring at her six?
        Every chance he gets!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          The jello is ready*

And for your entertainment while you eat, here's a lovely little jello story.
          Jello Evasion

Enjoy

*still hunting for the purple stuff
          Oma, read your story and loved it!!! So cute.....have I ever mentioned that purple is my favorite color

Comment

Just watched the last scene of Lost City with the subtitles. In the chair after Sam calls him Jack, he works his jaw a few times but doesn't actually say anything (anybody lip-read ancient??), then he just says "Dormata". In the chamber he says "Aveo....amacuse". So I thought he doesn't declare his love for Sam

Then I checked out a Latin dictionary online - here's the refs I could find. I couldn't find the exact wording, but I'm assuming that's cos ancient is slightly different to Latin

Stem: dorm
            dormio -ire [to sleep; to rest , be inactive].
            dormito -are [to be sleepy , begin to sleep, nod; to dream, be lazy].
            dormitorius -a -um [for sleeping].

ending: at
            v *at 1 3s pr act ind : the X sees, he does see, she is seeing
            v *at 2-5 3s pr act sub : he might see, he would be seeing.

ending: a
            feminine

aveo (1) -ere [to long for , desire].
            aveo (2) (haveo) -ere [to be well]; found only in imperat. and infin.; 'ave' , [hail! or farewell!].

Stem: amat
            amator -oris m. [a lover , friend, admirer]; esp.[the lover of a woman].
            amatorius -a -um [loving , amorous]; n. as subst. [a love philtre]. Adv. amatorie.
            amatrix -icis f. [mistress , sweetheart].

Sooooooooo fellow shippers, let's pick the translation we like the most

In the chair

Sam: Jack!
            Jack: I will dream of you....I will see you again.

In the chamber

(For Sam) Jack: I long for you, my lover.
            (For D&T) Jack: Farewell, Friends.

Suddenly, I'm very happy this morning See how sly tptb are? Initially, we all think he's just saying, Sleep and Goodbye, but really its soooooo shippy

An Ancient - you deserve a great big helping of Purple Jello for starting this conversation!

Edit: If anyone wants to check it out, here's the site I used http://www.nd.edu/~archives/latgramm.htm
            Last edited by Oma-1; 31 May 2005, 12:55 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

More playing on the site, I found a literal translation of "amacuse". It means "fall in love with"

(check out William Whittaker's Words)

Now I'm just so excited!
              Last edited by Oma-1; 04 June 2005, 12:01 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                And finally ....

Now I've eaten so much jello and ice cream I've got tummy ache Where's the shipto bismol?
                WOAH !!! ((((((((OMA))))))) I still can't rep you !!! thanks so much !! that's exactly what we needed !!!!! sO cool !!!!!!!!! love the purple passionberry !!!! I wish I had this one when I tried jello

Comment

Oh Hello!!!
                  "Get off the Stage!"
                  Guys have any of you seen the news item on the Leo Awards?
                  I know ive already said this on the Jack RDA thunk forum.
                  But who does Mr Cooper think he is kidding!
                  Oh yea Jack O'Neill may be alive & well in the Stargate Universe but by the looks of things The actor who portraded him is not!!!!!
                  This does not bide well for the future Shippers!!!!!!
                  Apparently RDA Acceptance speach was V.Long and he gave it in a swimming pool in Scuba gear while wearing a suit and it was used as a running gag for the show ( see Kates RDA site for Pics) So how come the
                  only mention of the award he won ( Best Actor) on Gateworld news is the fact that Michael Shanks was nominated for the award!!!!!
                  No disrespect to Mr Shanks He does not edit these sites and IMO was also as deversing for the award. But if this site is a approved site by the powers that me and the fact that they use it shows it is Where does that leave RDA if they don't even acknowldge the fact that he won an award for his part in the show!!!!!!!
                  Have I the wrong end of the stick????? Please somebody tell me I'm Wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by patsbabe
                    Oh Hello!!!
                    "Get off the Stage!"
                    Guys have any of you seen the news item on the Leo Awards?
                    I know ive already said this on the Jack RDA thunk forum.
                    But who does Mr Cooper think he is kidding!
                    Oh yea Jack O'Neill may be alive & well in the Stargate Universe but by the looks of things The actor who portraded him is not!!!!!
                    This does not bide well for the future Shippers!!!!!!
                    Apparently RDA Acceptance speach was V.Long and he gave it in a swimming pool in Scuba gear while wearing a suit and it was used as a running gag for the show ( see Kates RDA site for Pics) So how come the
                    only mention of the award he won ( Best Actor) on Gateworld news is the fact that Michael Shanks was nominated for the award!!!!!
                    No disrespect to Mr Shanks He does not edit these sites and IMO was also as deversing for the award. But if this site is a approved site by the powers that me and the fact that they use it shows it is Where does that leave RDA if they don't even acknowldge the fact that he won an award for his part in the show!!!!!!!
                    Have I the wrong end of the stick????? Please somebody tell me I'm Wrong!
                    on http://rdanderson.com it's said it's the Spacey award or something like that, I think they are two different things, aren't they ?? I guess gateworld is not updated yet cause it was on 29th
                    I'll read both again

Comment

yes those are two different things
                      you can go on rdanderson.com in updates to see pics and on the following site to see the nominations
                      http://www.spacecast.com/spaceys05/viewerschoice.asp
                      hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

In response to the recent discussion, I'm not sure if IMOHO I'd say Jack was bitter. I think another spin that could be put on it was that he was doing the best he could to maintain a professional distance from all of his "family" (the SG1 team). Those frat regs that had kept him apart from Sam all those years applied equally to his friendships too. Some days it was easier for him to do it, other days not. (Like when he had to order the destruction of the ship Sam was in.)
                        Wow, there has been some really good discussion this weekend. IMO, at first Jack was overwhelmed by the General postion. Probably working long hours and stacks of paper work. I also think the regs were more of a issue now. He is commander of the whole base and can't show bias to his friends so he puts distance between them. But unlike Hammond, Jack has no family to lean on, so he becomes a lonely man. He finally becomes confortable in his job, then the engagement hits him between the eyes. He sees the woman he loves slipping away. I really don't see the bitterness until Kerry comes into the picture. On a professsional level Jack and Sam are great, but as soon as it turns personal, Jack turns cold as ice. I think he is reminded that he is forced to move on with another woman, he likes, but doesn't love.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

SHIPPER FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          (((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh my god! I can't believe I've been gone for over a fortnight.

RL's been a pain in the <insert expletive>

I need a news roundup...what's been happening...because I'm not reading thousands of posts.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Whoa! Too much info to process this a.m. But, for starters, here's the info I copied about the Spacey Awards. Who has pix?

FAVOURITE TV CHARACTER - MALE
                            -----------------------------
                            Nominees: Commander William Adama (Battlestar Galactica), Captain
                            Jonathan Archer (Star Trek: Enterprise), Lex Luthor (Smallville), General
                            Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill (Stargate SG-1), Morgan Pym (The Collector)
                            Award Presenter: Jolene Blalock from Star Trek: Enterprise
                            - Winner: General Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill (Stargate SG-1) - Accepted by
                            Richard Dean Anderson
                            sigpic

Comment

http://rdanderson.com/

go to updates, notes from rick and you should find some piccies!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

wow oma i can't thank you enough for translating jack's words!
                                i never actually thought they would be at all shippy!
                                you've got me in a shippy mood now!
                                (((((((((Oma)))))))))))))
                                Thankyou!!!!

sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X