Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A flyby posting of some more Sam and Jack caps... these from season 6...
    “Cure”
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

In response to the recent discussion, I'm not sure if IMOHO I'd say Jack was bitter. I think another spin that could be put on it was that he was doing the best he could to maintain a professional distance from all of his "family" (the SG1 team). Those frat regs that had kept him apart from Sam all those years applied equally to his friendships too. Some days it was easier for him to do it, other days not. (Like when he had to order the destruction of the ship Sam was in.)

Comment

From Descent (S6):

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
            I've got it on DVD and will watch it later. It's really a shame (and I don't understand why) that the DVD's are not closed-captioned. It would help (not that I can or ever will speak Latin) to figure out what Jack is saying.
            I agree with your frustration over the R1 DVD's not being subtitled/closed captioned. Not just for non-English speakers, but for people who are hearing impaired. It's rather inconsiderate of them to not think of it this far. (And yes, I tried putting them in a DVD player with a TV that has CC turned on, and there's still no text.)

Yet the R2 DVD's have subtitles. Another "extra" they get that the Americans don't. I know JM said he has no control over the DVD's, but I wish somebody would come on here who does so we could talk to him/her.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

From Prometheus (S6):

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Yet the R2 DVD's have subtitles. Another "extra" they get that the Americans don't. I know JM said he has no control over the DVD's, but I wish somebody would come on here who does so we could talk to him/her.
                That reminds me - I was in the bookstore last Friday and skimmed a UK scifi magazine ("Starburst"? I think I've got the name wrong) for SG info. Toward the back they were rating the latest DVD release and were giving a really big thumbs down to the extras on it (which were becoming non-existent in their eyes) and the reduction from 4 eps a DVD down to 3. (Now the lesser # of eps per DVD I can understand - they didn't film as many shows in S8 as they had in past years...)

Comment

For anybody who does music videos . . .

I heard this song on an old CD (is that an oxymoron?<g>) today on my return trip from MW and it just sounded like the perfect song for a "Jack" video - with a bit of ship thrown in. (I'm sure you'll be able to figure out where ti goes. LOL) It is even sort of written from *our* perspective how I'm reading it!

The song is called Hero and it's by phil Collins and David Crosby, sung by David Crosby on his Thousand Roads CD. Here are the lyrics:

It was one of those great stories
                  that you can't put down at night
                  the hero knew what he had to do
                  and he wasn't afraid to fight
                  the villain goes to jail
                  while the hero goes free
                  I wish it were that simple for me

And the reason that she loved him
                  was the reason I loved him too
                  and he never wondered what was right or wrong
                  he just knew
                  he just knew

Shadow and shade mix together at dawn
                  by the time you catch them, simplicity's gone
                  so we sort through the pieces
                  my friends and I
                  searching through the arkness to find
                  the breaks in the sky

and the reason that she loved him
                  was the reason I loved him too
                  and he never wondered what was right or wrong
                  he just knew
                  he just knew

And we wonder, yes we wonder
                  how do you make sense of this?
                  when the hero kills the maiden
                  with his kiss
                  with his kiss

Well it was one of those great stories
                  that you can't put down at night
                  the hero knew what he had to do
                  and he wasn't afraid to fight
                  the villain goes to jail
                  while the hero goes free
                  I wish it were that simple for me
                  Were that simple for me.

If anybody decides to do a video for it, I'd love to see it!
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

And from Redemption Parts 1&2 (S6):

(S&J trying to see the future of their ship...)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            I hate to say this and bring anybody down, but I get the feeling that we're being played, and played BIG TIME by RCC in this interview.

Think about it. The shippers have been PO'd in the past, especially by things he's said. So now, he comes up with this hearts-and-flowers interview where he gives us hope. But read between the lines: it's not telling us anything we didn't already know, and it shows no loyalty to writing or resolving the ship. It only deals with RDA and his *possible* return.

To me, this interview tells me they're finally starting to realize that they could be in trouble where losing audience is concerned and are desperate to get us back in front of the set. I sense no sincerity in this, only attempts at manipulation.
                            Good! If they think they need us, then they'll have to act in a way that will please us.

Comment

Comment

"This is my Dad you’re talking to Jack…"

(S6's Allegiance)

Comment

Working...
                                X