This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Shipper Family *waves to family*

Boy, I leave for a day trip with the family and then have posts to catch up on. I love the shipper jello. It's something that I'm kinda surprised we didn't have already. Shipperberry is definitely my favorite.

I'm glad to hear that JM is hinting at "allusions." Here's hoping it means something significant.

I've also looked at the S2 publicity shots for SGA and am anxious for the S9 pub photos to come out for SG1. Although, it definitely won't be the same without RDA. It will also be interesting to see how they portray AT. I'm sure most of the emphasis will be on BB and CB.

Well, gotta run. Everyone take care and if you're in the US, have a safe and happy Memorial Day.
    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      The jello is ready*

And for your entertainment while you eat, here's a lovely little jello story.
      Jello Evasion

Enjoy

*still hunting for the purple stuff
      Loved the Jello AND the story. Thanks Oma.
      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
      Hic Comitas Regit
      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Wow! Why weren't my ears burning.....I've been away all day, and had no idea that one of my comments had generated so much great discussion! I'm so honored! What interesting thoughts on why Jack acted the way he did in S7 and S8! And what smart people frequent this thread!

Since I've unsubscribed to JM's thread, I had no idea that he had responded to another of my questions (proving my theory that if he said anything worth knowing, one of you would post it here). I probably posted that one three weeks or so ago. I must say I'm much more pleased with what he said this time. But I'm still riding high on what Oma-1 posted from RCC in the Dreamwatch article, so I'm really in the stratosphere now!

I want to quote so many people that it would take an entire page to do so, so I guess I won't. But I particularly enjoyed these two posts, especially Majorsal's sheer joy:

Originally posted by majorsal
        YIPPPEEEEE!

we've got hope, shippers, big, fat, honkin' hope!!! i can take an off-screen relay, because the alternative is NO relay!!!

no love interests for sam (other than our beefcake jack)!

sally
        Originally posted by Oma-1
        LMAO - again! Yep, no fear there Sal

Just goes to show how wound up we get when we see spoilers - and then how unfounded our fears were! I think our reactions are so predictable to tptb and they reel us (well, me anyway) in every time Joe's answer to my question and TN's questions is just a case in point. Initially Joe's answers left some of us completely depressed or just plain , and now he's mentioned "allusions" (love the way that word sounds ) we're all happy again

This fandom stuff's real rollercoaster *shakes head*. Wish I'd found it seasons ago
        And this really had me laughing!

And Jello Evasion is my bedtime story for tonight. Thanks, Oma-1! Let's all gather tomorrow for more positive thoughts! And thanks also to the nice people who complimented my sig. Since it will become outdated on Wednesday, I have a new one ready to go. I'll probably put it up Monday or Tuesday. Sweet dreams!

Comment

Hi!

I just wanted to wish the family a very happy and safe Memorial Day!!!

Comment

Hee.. for a few pleasant days of ignorance I thought he had actually said "Love you" at the end of Lost City, just before he got frozen, but as it turns out he said "Aveo" but if you ignore reality, it sounds a lot like Love you, and they cut to Sam after he said it...

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            OK, so he says To sleep = to dream and he says that to Sam... so basically....

That he will be dreaming of Sam until he wakes up !!!!!!

Berry Shippy....

(((((((((((((((((((OMA))))))))))))))) no words to explain the jello... love it....

PS: I can see by know that most of you have read it, but I can't believe Joe answered to one of my question, the first Q answered... I feel so honored and such a shippy question http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1157
            sigpic

Comment

Excuse if this has been asked before, but I have a question: Where is this picture from?
              I think I saw it in this forum, but I don't know where is it from. Can someone answer me, thanks.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
              Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

It's a manip, made by Caty I think.
                Too bad it doesn't come from a real episode
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Methinks that Jack may have ad-libbed or something, after seeing the transcript, I ran it through the software again, and I listened hard, and got everyone in my house to listen hard.

The consensus is this;
                  Jack see's freeze chamber; Dormata
                  Jack in chair with Sam; Tu amata(a)
                  Jack about to be frozen; Aveo, amacus

I can see if I can get the actualy sounds and post them so we can all here, but the translations are (roughly, since my Latin is rusty);
                  1- Sleep
                  2- I love you (literally 'you, me loved')
                  3- Goodbye, beloved (second word sort of inferred, because its approximate but he's saying goodbye to his dear friends.

Well, there you go.

-Goes off to get sound files-

;-)

EDIT: When I get the files up you'll see, but if he said 'Dolmata' to Sam, then he needs Ancient lessons, the first vowel is most definitely an 'u' sound. not and 'o' sound.
                  Last edited by An Ancient; 30 May 2005, 10:50 AM.
                  -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                  -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                  -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
                    Methinks that Jack may have ad-libbed or something, after seeing the transcript, I ran it through the software again, and I listened hard, and got everyone in my house to listen hard.

The consensus is this;

I can see if I can get the actualy sounds and post them so we can all here, but the translations are (roughly, since my Latin is rusty);
                    1- Sleep
                    3- Goodbye, beloved (second word sort of inferred, because its approximate but he's saying goodbye to his dear friends.

Well, there you go.

;-)

EDIT: When I get the files up you'll see, but if he said 'Dolmata' to Sam, then he needs Ancient lessons, the first vowel is most definitely an 'u' sound. not and 'o' sound.
                    I admire your persistence!!! Good idea to get other listeners involved!!! I wish I had taped that episode so I could listen, too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      I admire your persistence!!! Good idea to get other listeners involved!!! I wish I had taped that episode so I could listen, too.
                      I've got it on DVD and will watch it later. It's really a shame (and I don't understand why) that the DVD's are not closed-captioned. It would help (not that I can or ever will speak Latin) to figure out what Jack is saying.
                      -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient

The consensus is this;

1- Sleep

Well, there you go.

;-)

How exciting! Not having studied Latin, I guess that just 747'ed most of us. Ooh!!!! Can't wait to hear what you find! If you're right, TPTB are probably still laughing 'cause they slipped that in without any of us realizing it!

Comment

wow you guys are good esp ancient, thank you for looking up the saying in latin for lost city!i thought he was saying some-thing for her,but daniel would have known maybe thats why he may have given a little look at the end of the episode, but why didn't he tell sam.

ok maybe going a little off key here, but wayhay i'm liking the ideas.

welcome bacl anubis i'm sorry to here of your loss.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

I like what he said, and I agree with you about the future of our SHIP. As to what RCC said, that's more the tone I had hoped to hear from TPTB in talking about the new season!
                            I hate to say this and bring anybody down, but I get the feeling that we're being played, and played BIG TIME by RCC in this interview.

Think about it. The shippers have been PO'd in the past, especially by things he's said. So now, he comes up with this hearts-and-flowers interview where he gives us hope. But read between the lines: it's not telling us anything we didn't already know, and it shows no loyalty to writing or resolving the ship. It only deals with RDA and his *possible* return.

To me, this interview tells me they're finally starting to realize that they could be in trouble where losing audience is concerned and are desperate to get us back in front of the set. I sense no sincerity in this, only attempts at manipulation.

Sorry, just MO. Forgive what they've done to us this year in season 8 if you wish , but don't ever, ever forget. Personally, I'm sick of them thinking they can manipulate the shippers.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              I think back to the elevator scene in Chimera.

She's humming and at first he's surprised...but then there's a look of recognition and dare I say regret when he realizes the reason for the humming...
                              Ok Uber SG-1 Fan....

Loved your fic!!!! When are you going to write the next part after Eclipse?!!!! Keep on writing...you've got me hooked!

S

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                I think we did see that some with him. After she started seeing Pete, I noticed that Jack's character seemed a little "flat" through the rest of S7 and into S8. At first, I thought Rick was just kinda bored with what he was doing. In retrospect (and after seeing Threads), I've decided that Jack was retreating into himself. He thought he was losing Sam, and he was becoming bitter about not being able to have the woman he loved, because the fate of the planet was more important than their individual/joint happiness. Anyway, that's what I've decided.

Agree or disagree?
                                I agree, and I think it was compounded by the fact that he really, really, really hates riding a desk. The two things that made him happiest - Sam and going into the field - were taken from him at the same time. Add to that the fact that nobody seemed to be really caring if he was hurting from either event and you get a very depressed Jack. Think about it: did we ever once see a member of SG1 asking him if he was feeling overwelmed? Epecially in Zero Hour, for instance? They only seemed concerned with how things affected themselves.

When they were talking him into taking the position, they all promised they'd be there to help him, but I've sure seen little to none of it in S8. Maybe a bit with Teal'c . . .

Just MO, of course, but this is sort of a sore spot for me.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X