This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    I've finally finished my pic mini series based on Chevroneight's quote.

"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Silence - Pt 1
    Silence - Pt 2
    Silence - Pt 3
    Silence - Pt 4

Bravo!

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hope you are all having a good weekend. Here's a little shippy moment from the Warrior (bet you never noticed this one before ) hope you enjoy it.

Goodnight
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 May 2005, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Hey SHIPPERS!!!......I would thunk this great shippy picture but its really BIG......So here ya go...... Sam and Jack,there so good together!!!

Comment

Hi again everyone...

First off, I didn't think that the quote would be taken up so quickly and like that.... I just thought it was a beautiful quote and that all of you might appreciate it.

That quote's wonderful! Where did you find it????????
          My boyfriend sent it to me on a really cute card while I was away in uni a few months ago. Think he's a keeper?? lol

Originally posted by Lida
          That is a truly beautiful quote. It would make a great sig with the right pics...bet you are already working on it!
          I'm not really the sig making kinda gal... I'm pretty useless with computers even on a *very* good day!

The pics are really nice, and the quote seems to fit them really well.
          I still can't believe that much of a fuss was made over it lol

Thank you anyway

chevroneight
          meh

Comment

Originally posted by chevroneight
            Hi again everyone...

First off, I didn't think that the quote would be taken up so quickly and like that.... I just thought it was a beautiful quote and that all of you might appreciate it.
            We surely did

My boyfriend sent it to me on a really cute card while I was away in uni a few months ago. Think he's a keeper?? lol
            Well, if his taste in cards is anything to go by .... YES

I still can't believe that much of a fuss was made over it lol
            It was a very welcome shippy distraction from the rather serious conversations we've been having

((((((((Chevroneight))))))))

Thank your boyfriend for us
            sigpic

Comment

Finally got hold of a copy of this month's Dreamwatch. There's no specific article on RDA, just an interview with Robert Cooper about SG-1 S9 and Atlantis S2. Here's the bits that count ........

Q: Can you clarify how much we'll be seeing of Richard Dean Anderson in the new season?

A: "Rick makes a cameo appearance in episodes one and three, and he's absolutely not gone for good. His character is very much alive in the Stargate universe. Rick just needs some time. he wants to drive his daughter to school every morning, and I understand that. He absolutely made sure that we were going to leave the door open for his return."

Then later on in the article ....

"Rick has been doing this a long time. He has a family in LA and the show is something he doesn't have to do any more to pay the rent. It's something that he has done out of loyalty to BW and myself and to the cast, crew and fans, and because he enjoys doing it."

Q: "Finally, how long can these two shows go on?"

A: "I think that having seen the chemistry of the new cast and the potential for stories that these new bad guys and the new concept for the series have created, SG-1 has legs. I think we could be looking at many, many more years if it continues to grow and be successful and people want to watch it. I don't think that this is the last season of SG-1 by any means and I think this seson may end the talk about a "last season"."

Despite using the word absolutely twice, we're still not dealing in aboslutes but every indication is there. RCC is saying that RDA's intention is to be back.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! The ship will still be sailing!! Just going to be anchored for a while in S9 while its sails get repaired.
              Okay...so the ship's in dry dock...

It'll be okay...just needs a few touchups.

A coat of paint...it'll be fine.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

=girlgater Jack was acting way weird as Sam left. Definitely very melancholy and remorseful--I thought. I think Jack went through a period where he felt trapped just as Sam did. Except we saw her "giving up" or whatever in Grace. We just didn't see all the frustration with him as we did with Sam. It's a shame 'cause it would have made a good episode.
                I think we did see that some with him. After she started seeing Pete, I noticed that Jack's character seemed a little "flat" through the rest of S7 and into S8. At first, I thought Rick was just kinda bored with what he was doing. In retrospect (and after seeing Threads), I've decided that Jack was retreating into himself. He thought he was losing Sam, and he was becoming bitter about not being able to have the woman he loved, because the fate of the planet was more important than their individual/joint happiness. Anyway, that's what I've decided.

Agree or disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  I think we did see that some with him. After she started seeing Pete, I noticed that Jack's character seemed a little "flat" through the rest of S7 and into S8. At first, I thought Rick was just kinda bored with what he was doing. In retrospect (and after seeing Threads), I've decided that Jack was retreating into himself. He thought he was losing Sam, and he was becoming bitter about not being able to have the woman he loved, because the fate of the planet was more important than their individual/joint happiness. Anyway, that's what I've decided.

Agree or disagree?
                  I think back to the elevator scene in Chimera.

She's humming and at first he's surprised...but then there's a look of recognition and dare I say regret when he realizes the reason for the humming...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Joe just responded to this question in his thread....

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Joe.....didn't putting John and Aeryn together in "Farscape" open up new adventures for them? Couldn't it do the same for Sam & Jack, once one of them becomes a civilian? Aren't there still enough intergalactic threats to Earth that Sam & Jack would be compelled to go off-world together.....for the good of us all?

Joe's answer....

Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions.

Hmmmm....is this a good thing? I can't decide.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

IMO RDA played it right.Jack as General was stuck doing paper work all Day and not with SG-1 anymore and with Sam being
                      Spoiler:
                      engaged to Pete I cannot see Jack walking around with a smile on his Face.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                        Joe just responded to this question in his thread....

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Joe.....didn't putting John and Aeryn together in "Farscape" open up new adventures for them? Couldn't it do the same for Sam & Jack, once one of them becomes a civilian? Aren't there still enough intergalactic threats to Earth that Sam & Jack would be compelled to go off-world together.....for the good of us all?

Joe's answer....

Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions.

Hmmmm....is this a good thing? I can't decide.

~*~Emilee~*~
                        It's a good thing.

It means the concept is still alive even though one of the leads involved is not there.

Plus later on he alleviates concerns of Sam maybe getting involved with someone else in Season 9....

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                        Hello Joe,

I'm confused in previous answers you have mentioned that the resolution to S/J relation was obvious after S8.

For us shippers it is obvious that Sam and Jack are together specially after Threads and that that is how S9 will start.

So why a romantic interest for Sam?
                        Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Who said anything about a romantic interest for Sam in season 9?

Comment

Joe Mallozzi just posted this [The Fourth Horseman]
                          Spoiler:
                          That Sean Patrick Flannery will not be playing Orlin again in The Fourth Horseman I and II. Instead, the part will be played by Cameron Bright. And there's a very good reason Orlin's appearance has changed.

Does this mean no Orlin or just that the actor playing Orlin has changed.

Comment

I just happened by this posting on the Stargate SG-1 Solutions blog. I think they got it from Joe's blog, here on Gateworld. I'm not sure though. I'm a tad out of it (sick with a cold, ear infection & etc) & way behind on EVERYTHING, including the posts here. So if this was talked about earlier, sorry. I thought it a tad interesting & wanted to share w/ my fellow shippers ...

Originally posted by Stargate SG-1 Solutions
                            Mallozzi continued in his blog entry: “We cut Ex Deus Machina (Chris Judge did such a great job that I immediately went down to set after watching the Director’s cut and told him as much) and Paul cut Instinct [Stargate Atlantis episode] while I started beating out an outline for our next script
                            Spoiler:
                            (tentatively titled ”Convergence") that, if all goes as planned, may see the return of a much-loved, sorely-missed character.
                            Now, I'm wondering
                            Spoiler:
                            if the "much-loved, sorely-missed character" is Jack (RDA) ... Plus I find the tentative title interesting. To converge means (from the American Heritage Dictionary) "to tend or move toward a common point or result." Though the title (& episode) may have nothing to do w/ S/J, my little shippy heart would LOVE to believe in a "Convergence" of S/J ... LOL... But, most likely, it has something to do w/ the Jaffa & the whole thing w/ the Ori (or whatever)... But it would be supper COOL if the "much-loved, sorely-missed character" is Jack (RDA)! I miss him already & season 9 hasn't even started yet!

So... What do you guys think?
                            Take care & God bless...
                            ~Roxanne T (Vallejo, CA-USA)

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."
                            -Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, US Air Force
                            (Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1)

***Stargate fan for life! But I'll still miss Jack/RDA!***

Comment

Originally posted by sg1rox
                              I just happened by this posting on the Stargate SG-1 Solutions blog. I think they got it from Joe's blog, here on Gateworld. I'm not sure though. I'm a tad out of it (sick with a cold, ear infection & etc) & way behind on EVERYTHING, including the posts here. So if this was talked about earlier, sorry. I thought it a tad interesting & wanted to share w/ my fellow shippers ...

Now, I'm wondering
                              Spoiler:
                              if the "much-loved, sorely-missed character" is Jack (RDA) ... Plus I find the tentative title interesting. To converge means (from the American Heritage Dictionary) "to tend or move toward a common point or result." Though the title (& episode) may have nothing to do w/ S/J, my little shippy heart would LOVE to believe in a "Convergence" of S/J ... LOL... But, most likely, it has something to do w/ the Jaffa & the whole thing w/ the Ori (or whatever)... But it would be supper COOL if the "much-loved, sorely-missed character" is Jack (RDA)! I miss him already & season 9 hasn't even started yet!

So... What do you guys think?
                              Season 9 Speculation.....

My sense was that they are talking about Fraiser...but that's just a guess based on other comments from previous posts on that thread...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Agree or disagree?
                                Oh, I definitely agree that Jack seemed distracted and somewhat angry after Sam became interested in someone else. I only meant that we didn't get to see him dealing with his unhappiness at Sam's relationship as openly as we did Sam debating with herself on whether or not she should wait for Jack. His mood the rest of S7 and for most of S8 was much darker than we had seen before.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X