This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girlgater
    Hmmm. That's true, it would be about the same time. How old is Sam supposed to be in the show? Could that have been the year she was born?? or is she that old (gee whiz...I'm older than that).
    I believe she's supposed to be in her fairly late 30's, very close to 40 at this point (similar to the actress portraying her). I'm pretty sure she would have been a child nearing school age in '69.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      I believe she's supposed to be in her fairly late 30's, very close to 40 at this point (similar to the actress portraying her). I'm pretty sure she would have been a child nearing school age in '69.
      Ok....I guess I was searching for an obscure shippy solution without seeing the obvious shippy answer. Thanks!
      -girlgater

Comment

I've finally finished my pic mini series based on Chevroneight's quote.

"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Silence - Pt 1
        Silence - Pt 2
        Silence - Pt 3
        Silence - Pt 4

Myrth - I couldn't find another picture to sum it all up! So I'll leave it up to you to decide - great minds or fools
        Last edited by Oma-1; 06 June 2005, 04:10 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

SS you've been on an SJ pic posting spree!!!!!!!! Loved 'em!

BTW....I have a set of those glasses....grabbed them off a garage sale after I saw them in this ep!!!!

S

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...TEWsamjack.jpg
            (Makes you wonder what Sam is doing... )

ROTFLMAO...and isn't she enjoying it too!!!!!!! I would be if I were her....

S

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Finally got hold of a copy of this month's Dreamwatch. There's no specific article on RDA, just an interview with Robert Cooper about SG-1 S9 and Atlantis S2. Here's the bits that count ........

Q: Can you clarify how much we'll be seeing of Richard Dean Anderson in the new season?

A: "Rick makes a cameo appearance in episodes one and three, and he's absolutely not gone for good. His character is very much alive in the Stargate universe. Rick just needs some time. he wants to drive his daughter to school every morning, and I understand that. He absolutely made sure that we were going to leave the door open for his return."

Then later on in the article ....

"Rick has been doing this a long time. He has a family in LA and the show is something he doesn't have to do any more to pay the rent. It's something that he has done out of loyalty to BW and myself and to the cast, crew and fans, and because he enjoys doing it."

Q: "Finally, how long can these two shows go on?"

A: "I think that having seen the chemistry of the new cast and the potential for stories that these new bad guys and the new concept for the series have created, SG-1 has legs. I think we could be looking at many, many more years if it continues to grow and be successful and people want to watch it. I don't think that this is the last season of SG-1 by any means and I think this seson may end the talk about a "last season"."

Despite using the word absolutely twice, we're still not dealing in aboslutes but every indication is there. RCC is saying that RDA's intention is to be back.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! The ship will still be sailing!! Just going to be anchored for a while in S9 while its sails get repaired.
              WAY COOL ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that RDA being the work a holic that he is would get bored of RL and feel the need to work again as Jack O'Neill.....and now there's hope!

S

Comment

Originally posted by megglizz
                Hey everyone--I'm new at being a shipper (didn't even know the word existed until now!) but i have just one question........has anyone noticed between the old and new episodes that some of the main characters (sam, teal'c) look like they've had some facelifts or botox??? It's really disturbing to me that Sam/AT could be sucked into the whole "hollywood" idea of beauty!! She's so pretty, and why would Jack want to be with someone filled with plastic!! anyone have any insight into this? thanks!!

I really don't think AT or CJ have had facelifts or botox... I think if anything you will notice that all the cast members have been working out a lot more over the past year or so. AT is much leaner in season eight than she has been in previous years, you can tell by her arms that she's been working out ( I know I have read that she has a personal trainer she works out with on the weekends) and CJ is a workout fiend gaining over 20lbs in muscle over one season break.. just look at the man's arms.

As for looking better, I think someone else posted this already but I really think it's due to better make up. AT's make-up has changed a great deal over the past eight years and I think they finally got it near perfection this past season as she looks great. As for CJ, I think part of what you may be noticing is the fact that he is not longer caked in gold makeup with dark eye make-up around the eyes any longer. He looks much younger and better without all that crap on his face. Now if they would just get rid of that tatoo on his forehead.

Kat

Comment

Thank you for all the great S/J pics Shimmeringstar!!

Kat

Comment

Hmmm. That's true, it would be about the same time. How old is Sam supposed to be in the show? Could that have been the year she was born?? or is she that old (gee whiz...I'm older than that).
                    I believe AT was born in '65, but according to Entity Sam was born in '69.

Kat

Comment

I was watching that last night and wondering the exact same thing. There's Jack's intriguing little smile as he says it, but there's Sam's very intriguing answering smile as she continues her sentence..... made me wonder what happened in the bus after lights out.

Then following that she goes and he's saying keep me informed etc.. he sounds so crest fallen. I was wondering if that was a bleed over from Divide & Conquer... dissappointment at restraints perhaps?

Great pictures, ShimmeringStar.

Something has been bothering me and I need some answers. In Window of Opportunity, the following conversation is held between Sam and Jack in regards to time travel:

SAM: It wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like this. The stargate did send us back to 1969.

JACK: Good year.

The way Jack smiles completely intrigues me...was there a particular reason he smiled so--to Sam? Was it just that he enjoyed the time travel experience, or what?
                      sigpic

Comment

My, but hasn't Shimmering Star been a busy girl tonight? Love the pix! For a minute there, I would have sworn I had dropped in on the RDA/Thunk Thread.

And Oma-1, thanks for your great photos too! I love the quote, and what you did with it!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          This is another super fic. Thanks for posting it here, and I hope we'll be getting many more.
                          Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who's written such nice comments.

The truth is, these stories have been popping into my head ever since I became a bona-fide S/J shipper, and releasing a few "onto paper" has been an enjoyable and cathartic project...even though it's left me sleep deprived for most of the week!

I appreciate you all being my "captive audience."

My S/J Shippy FanFics:

No Explanation Needed

Catalyst
                          Last edited by ST-1; 28 May 2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            I was watching that last night and wondering the exact same thing. There's Jack's intriguing little smile as he says it, but there's Sam's very intriguing answering smile as she continues her sentence..... made me wonder what happened in the bus after lights out.

Then following that she goes and he's saying keep me informed etc.. he sounds so crest fallen. I was wondering if that was a bleed over from Divide & Conquer... dissappointment at restraints perhaps?

Jack was acting way weird as Sam left. Definitely very melancholy and remorseful--I thought. I think Jack went through a period where he felt trapped just as Sam did. Except we saw her "giving up" or whatever in Grace. We just didn't see all the frustration with him as we did with Sam. It's a shame 'cause it would have made a good episode.
                            -girlgater

Comment

IMO I think there is some jealousy with some of the Cast and Crew regarding RDA.RDA is very popular and RDA has been able to carry the Show when it's Just RDA and a guest Star.IMO some of the Cast have had trouble carrying the Show without RDA.I really think some of the Cast and Crew will be very motivated to prove they can carry the Show with RDA.

Comment

IMO there should be a way to promote Season 9 without trashing RDA or any other Actors who were on the Show.IMO when some of the Cast finally do a decent Job carrying a episode without RDA then they can run there mouths.Some Cast members have had every chance to show they can carry on without RDA and IMO they failed.Why bring in BB if they could get the Job done without RDA?

Comment

Working...
                                X