• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Back to shipping!!!!

Taking out the:

- Kisses
    - Hugs and
    - Head on shoulders....

What are your top 3 shippy or not shippy moments between Jack and Sam?

My top moment would be the cabin scene in 2010. No hugs, no kisses, no heads on shoulders, but Jack and Sam just talking and then arguing. The Passion is just flying.

Second moment: There is a scene in Absolute Power when Sam is locked up by Daniel and Jack comes to see her and she says to him, All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you.

Third Moment: When Jack asks her to go fishing in Nemisis and she turns him down but then she actually reconsidered and chases after him. If he hadn't gotten sucked up by Thor, I think they would have gone.
    Heidi
    Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
      Better yet, listen to the interview. It's on the Gateway site and you can download the mp3.

Not a good idea--on my computer--so I just read the interview. In some ways it was what I expected, the usual "things are going great, our characters are getting more time" type stuff that usually follow a change of that sort.But yet.... That "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me. Sure RDA was the name, but Teal'c and Daniel got plenty of stories and time, more than Sam IMHO. I've been reading RDA interviews going back a ways(some for the first time) and I've never seen him dis the others at all. I do think the others being based in Vancouver and RDA commuting was a source of a bit of friction, even before the reduced schedule. Maybe not exactly friction, but of a sort of divide between him and the other regulars. And I'm confused, are RDA and Greenburg not backers at all anymore? They're Gekko, aren't they?

Comment

Greetings,
        Just dropping in to say hello! I just read JM's recent responses. I'm feeling a little sad and a bit mad that TPTB may ignore the state of Sam's and Jack's relationship. However, I seem to recall dreading how TPTB were going to ignore or worse push Sam and Jack further apart in Season 8 (Sam marry Pete) but look what happened?! Threads and Moebius! Hey, they threw us a bone! They are soooooo evil!!!!

I'm still watching Season 9 just because...I 'm curious about Ben Browder and I hope for a morsel of Sam and Jack references!!

No backbone, huh??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColSamONeill
          My top moment would be the cabin scene in 2010. No hugs, no kisses, no heads on shoulders, but Jack and Sam just talking and then arguing. The Passion is just flying.

Second moment: There is a scene in Absolute Power when Sam is locked up by Daniel and Jack comes to see her and she says to him, All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you.

Third Moment: When Jack asks her to go fishing in Nemisis and she turns him down but then she actually reconsidered and chases after him. If he hadn't gotten sucked up by Thor, I think they would have gone.
          I have to agree with you that those are great moments. I loved the scene from 2010 at Jack's cabin. To me, it was sooo shippy. I think Jack is so in love with Sam any way and just can't express it. So I thought his attitude came not just from the fact that no one believed him about the Aschen, but that Sam wasn't with him. She was ultimately the reason he went to help them.
          This last time watching Absolute Power, I really noticed that scene. And again, Jack does what she asks. So loves her
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            Back to shipping!!!!

Taking out the:

- Kisses
            - Hugs and
            - Head on shoulders....

What are your top 3 shippy or not shippy moments between Jack and Sam?
            I had another completely slammed RL day at work, and hubby has monopolized the computer all evening. Gotta get a laptop! But I wanted to check in long enough to see what was up today. And it didn't take long to remember my top three favorite S/J moments (except Threads and trying to ignore the kisses, hugs and head on shoulders):

Season 2, Out of Mind: After Jack figures out he's being tricked, he finds Sam in another stasis room, and wakes her up. She's still lying down (naked) and raises her arm to touch his. Then, when she sits up, he takes a long, leering look at her bare back. Love it!!!

Season 4, Window of Opportunity: At the end of the ep, when the time loop has been broken and they're debriefing in the conference room, he keeps giving her a very "knowing" stare, as he remembers that kiss they shared (and Lord knows what else!). She picks up on his expression, and looks a little confused and curious, because she's wondering what put that big grin on his face!

Season 7, Lost City, Part 2: After he's frozen in the stasis chamber, and she puts her hand to the glass. Her look is so forelorn! You know at that minute that she'll spend every possible moment in her lab until she figures out how to un-freeze him.

Comment

My 3 favorite 'moments' in some of my favorite episodes are:

The Light: The opening scene where Sam and Jack banter and flirt about his "bet" with Daniel. Jack has the biggest smile when Sam turns to go down to the gateroom as she feigns exasperation when he won't tell her his bet. That was a rare, genuine smile from our Jack.

Point of View: Opening scene again. Jack is making his way into the infirmary and spots "Sam." He's struck with the sight of her long blonde hair and his adorable perplexed expression: what happened to you? (or something to that effect, forgot exact words).

Window of Opportunity: Closing scene. In response to Daniel's question about Jack's doing anything crazy while in the loop. I just love Jack's deliberate gaze upon Sam and the yummy, sexy smile in response! Melt!
              sigpic

Comment

I like it when they're arguing in "the light" better. Lol, oh, those two!
                Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

You're right. Arguing in The Light is good, great even, but I love Jack's smile in the opening scene!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                    Can't think of a nicer hot water bottle *sigh*. Great first fic. Keep going
                    Oooookay then...I offer, for your consideration, shippy fanfic #2.

Enjoy, and please tell me what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      My 3 favorite 'moments' in some of my favorite episodes are:

The Light: The opening scene where Sam and Jack banter and flirt about his "bet" with Daniel. Jack has the biggest smile when Sam turns to go down to the gateroom as she feigns exasperation when he won't tell her his bet. That was a rare, genuine smile from our Jack.

Point of View: Opening scene again. Jack is making his way into the infirmary and spots "Sam." He's struck with the sight of her long blonde hair and his adorable perplexed expression: what happened to you? (or something to that effect, forgot exact words).

Window of Opportunity: Closing scene. In response to Daniel's question about Jack's doing anything crazy while in the loop. I just love Jack's deliberate gaze upon Sam and the yummy, sexy smile in response! Melt!
                      I have to agree those are Great moments and my all time favorite is the one From Window of Opportuniy, that smile is just priceless..........(deep sigh). The kiss scene wasn't bad either.......
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I think what I like the best about WOO is that Sam kissed Jack back. She didn't fight it, didn't question it (unlike Hammond - that look was priceless ) She just went with the flow and enjoyed herself

Comment

Originally Posted by Oma-1
                          Bren Ren - Here's one for ya. Florence posted the link a while ago, but its still a good read - I've lost count how many times I've read it

A Light In The Darkness - http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...edarkness.html

I'm just checking to see if I can find the other two complete somewhere.....

Found this one though

The Post-it Conspiracy - http://freemind.intoxicate-me.org/st...conspiracy.htm
                          Ok....so I couldn't find Oma's original post....but these were two great fics that she recommended!!!!!!! I loved the Post It Conspiracy....though I would like to have seen it go a bit further...but it was very funny!

S

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Not a good idea--on my computer--so I just read the interview. In some ways it was what I expected, the usual "things are going great, our characters are getting more time" type stuff that usually follow a change of that sort.But yet.... That "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me. Sure RDA was the name, but Teal'c and Daniel got plenty of stories and time, more than Sam IMHO. I've been reading RDA interviews going back a ways(some for the first time) and I've never seen him dis the others at all. I do think the others being based in Vancouver and RDA commuting was a source of a bit of friction, even before the reduced schedule. Maybe not exactly friction, but of a sort of divide between him and the other regulars. And I'm confused, are RDA and Greenburg not backers at all anymore? They're Gekko, aren't they?
                            Hey Gatetrixer...

I haven't read the full article yet, though I plan to....in any case....I agree with you.... the "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me also. I also agree with you that T and D got alot of stories even though RDA was the headliner. I can understand some frustration and I'm glad to see that it will be getting back to some off world stuff...back to it's roots...as he says...because they have a bigger budget...as I'm guessing because RDA's salary is no longer.... But still....I didn't think it was the right way to put it....

S

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
                              Welcome Grace - this is a cool place to hang out!

Post away - whatever pops into your fron.

"well spank me Rosie" ..........O'Neill, Full Circle
                              Not feeling too Kruvis are you?

S

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Notice we haven't heard from Amanda.......
                                When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?
                                I don't think it's significant....I think she's caught up in her new baby and now having to figure out how to juggle the baby and work...because I think she's back on set now.....she's had a MAJOR life change....and I think it takes adjustment....

Nite all...

S

Comment

Working...
                                X