This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    I read Chris' article too, and I kind of thought it was toned down from what we have been reading. Yes, I would have worded it a little differently too, as some of you are saying. But I also thought it wasn't as "strong" as what others have said.

I also wonder if that softening of position is in response to some of our comments on the thread, or maybe reax from other fans. I don't know of anything else that's happened in the interim. After all, we never know who's lurking here.....or even posting, for that matter.

I've been around entertainment people for years (not Hollywood or Vancouver, but the promotional mindset is pretty much the same in every phase of the industry). If your boss tells you the company line is to be positive, you're going to be positive, no matter how you feel. It's expected of you, just like showing up for work. And with show biz egos being what they are, I'm sure MS and CJ are hoping for more attention now that RDA is gone (shudder---I can barely type it! Heck, I still can't stand to think about it!).

Notice we haven't heard from Amanda.......
    When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?

Just some ramblings......RL has been so hectic for the past few days that I'm struggling just to keep up with reading the posts. I've barely had time to respond at all.
    I feel the same way you do about Amanda's reaction, but I was definitely disappointed with CJ
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer

Now I will read what CJ said
      Better yet, listen to the interview. It's on the Gateway site and you can download the mp3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
        Better yet, listen to the interview. It's on the Gateway site and you can download the mp3.
        what did you think of it?
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
          Here's a lighthearted/shippy fanfic for y'all!

Comments are welcome, but remember this is my first attempt...so go easy on me.
          Absitively posolutely adorable ST-1!!!

Comment

Has anyone thought of perhaps writing a jointly signed letter to TPTB explaining how much they are alienating large portions of their fan-base? You never know, they might even listen.
            -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
            -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
            -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
              Hey I wouldn't be too hard on Chris. I mean sure I was mad when i read what he said. But I can't blame a man for wanting more action explorer stuff on the show. And I can understand his desire to have more of the lime light. I mean, as long as Rick is on the show, no matter how great the other actors are, it will be his. I think the younger actors are hoping for a chance at more of the show. I'm not happy about it. I watched the show for Jack. I LIVED for Jack. Still do. Jack and ship. But I guess I can't blame the rest of the cast for trying to look on the bright side. Because it's not thier fault Rick is leaving, there's nothing they can do to stop it. So I think they're doing thier best to get the fans to be upbeat. I even here it's working on some of them...well, it takes all kinds right?

They could have done something : Stop the show on a high note with the original team only

I'm afraid It looks like they are going the X-files route ...and it is a shame
              Although for the x-files the 2 added characters were not that appreciated in season 8 and 9 .I was not too bothered with that too much ..we still had some great episodes with Dogett and reyes but the fact that Mulder was missing because DD left put a thumb down on the soul of the show .Lots and lots of fans hated the introduction of new characters to in a way replace Mulder and eventually Scully ..Patrick Robert ( Dogett) was also famous from his liquid man character from " Terminator 2" So he came from a sci fi background too . My hubby thought PR was a great actor and he liked the character of Doggett in the x-files ..Still he was a replacement to Mulder and was trying to protect Scully while Mulder was gone and even had feelings for her ..so not that great in that respect for the shipper Fans of Mulder and Scully

It is a shame that TPTB do not understand to actually stop a show on a high note.Lots of them did it ..Farscape stopped after season 4 , Angel too , Buffy as well when Michelle Cellar ( Buffy) wanted out of the show .JAG stopped after David wanted out of the show .

TPTB stargate should have done the same ..because they have Atlantis running at the ame time and they could just concentrate on Atlantis ..They could have found a way to have Daniel and Teal'c being part of Atlantis .Sam may be too but I think that season 9 may be AT's last season .

You can bring a new born baby to the studio because babies sleep a lot in the first year but I don't think it it possible to do that when they are toddlers and want their mummies around a bit more because they are a bit more demanding ..She could afford a nanny ..sure... but I sensed that AT has been trying for such a long time to have a baby that she may want to see her growing up in the first few years of ther life ..She could always go back to work full time when Olivia starts School at 5

I wish good luck to Stargate SG1 with the new team but I doubt it is gonna do very well
              Even Atlantis may suffer next year with what TPTB wants to do with that show

Caty

Comment

Hi I just said g'night at the thunk thread and I saw Caty was here. thought I'd say hi. and by the way I agree. Continuing a series after the star leaves is usually a bad thing. Not that I haven't watched Happy Days reruns without Richie as long as Fonzie was there. Sometimes I've even watched the ones centered around Chachie. but it's never the same. I may watch after Rick leaves. But it wouls be like watching a different show. If it's still better than any other show I may stick with it. But it will never measure of to my FAVORITE show. SG-1 WITH the original cast.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                  Hi I just said g'night at the thunk thread and I saw Caty was here. thought I'd say hi. and by the way I agree. Continuing a series after the star leaves is usually a bad thing. Not that I haven't watched Happy Days reruns without Richie as long as Fonzie was there. Sometimes I've even watched the ones centered around Chachie. but it's never the same. I may watch after Rick leaves. But it wouls be like watching a different show. If it's still better than any other show I may stick with it. But it will never measure of to my FAVORITE show. SG-1 WITH the original cast.
                  (((Melpomene)))

Me too I think I'll watch because well ..it is a sci fi show and I love anything sci fi ..and the action in Stargate is always great but I won't be that desesperate to buy the DVD's really . Stargate SG1 will just be an added show to my list of CSI Miami and Las vegas , Alias, Cold case, JAG and May be Atlantis but I have to catch up on the last one ( I missed half of the season 1 ) and I don't feel like it

I watched the X-files season 8 and 9 too ..but I never bought the boxset DVD's ..I only bought the finale episode "The truth" as an individual DVD ..I wait until MOvie 2 and may be if the film is great then I may complete my collection but I don't mind to wait ..It's not a big deal

For Stargate I'll do the same ..but I think if we have a great Sam and Jack ending eventually like the JAG ending let's say then I'll get season 7, season 8 DVD 's boxset....I'll skip season 9 and will only get the individual DVD of the finale SG1 with Sam and Jack in it .I will completly ignore the new team in my collection let's say because for me SG1 is the original team and only

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    (((Melpomene)))

Me too I think I'll watch because well ..it is a sci fi show and I love anything sci fi ..and the action in Stargate is always great but I won't be that desesperate to buy the DVD's really . Stargate SG1 will just be an added show to my list of CSI Miami and Las vegas , Alias, Cold case, JAG and May be Atlantis but I have to catch up on the last one ( I missed half of the season 1 ) and I don't feel like it

I watched the X-files season 8 and 9 too ..but I never bought the boxset DVD's ..I only bought the finale episode "The truth" as an individual DVD ..I wait until MOvie 2 and may be if the film is great then I may complete my collection but I don't mind to wait ..It's not a big deal

For Stargate I'll do the same ..but I think if we have a great Sam and Jack ending eventually like the JAG ending let's say then I'll get season 7, season 8 DVD 's boxset....I'll skip season 9 and will only get the individual DVD of the finale SG1 with Sam and Jack in it .I will completly ignore the new team in my collection let's say because for me SG1 is the original team and only

Caty
                    hey caty what a great idea! i forget they do the single disc's i might do the same,buy season 8 then if sam and jack do have what every-one's waitibg for i will buy that single one.

Can you imagine how many they would sell if they did a one off episode with the ship of sam and jack WOW.with apperances from daniel,teal'c,cassie and general hammond,but it just stays on their first date first kiss ummmmm first sleepover!!!!!

BRING IT ON TPTB!!!!!

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                      Here's a lighthearted/shippy fanfic for y'all!

Comments are welcome, but remember this is my first attempt...so go easy on me.
                      WELCOME ST-1 i love your story,really heartwarming thanks!
                      Please let us know when you write any-more as i can't wait to read them.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        what did you think of it?
                        RE: Christopher Judge interview

First impression. A little disappointing, he seemed to contradict some of the positive things he has said in prior year interviews, To be fair, I haven't gone back and re-listened to those interviews yet and I could have interpreted them incorrectly.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just dropping in to say HELLO TO ALL THE SHIPPERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
                            Hello everyone,

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
                              Hello everyone,

Hello and welcome! And congrats on making the wise choice of being a Sam Jack Shipper!
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

WELCOME
                                Grace O'Neill

have fun and post a lot!
                                nice choice of name btw
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X