This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((Shipper Family)))

I'm starting out with hugs cos I love this family.

Lots of shippers are staying away and not posting and I think we need to encourage them back by staying on topic for a while. I'm not suggesting for one minute that everyone needs to be all happy, just that we keep doin' what we do best - shippin'

And on that note ....

Jack: Carter. You like chocolate cake right?
    Sam: Yep.
    Jack: So why can't we have a chocolate wedding cake?
    Sam: We are having a chocolate wedding cake.
    Jack: Then why are we trying this?
    Sam: Cos I like to see you suffer.
    Last edited by Oma-1; 26 May 2005, 05:10 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

This is just a fly-by post because it's !!! My family is hitting the road for a few days. I'm going to miss my Shipper Family but I will enjoy the vacation!!

I will be looking forward to catching up on all the BRILLIANT shippy posts! Don't have too much fun without me!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my daughter's drawing!! It's nice to know I'm training her well!

(((((Shipper Family)))))

Token ~

Comment

Something for the "older" members to remember and for the newbies to discover

Shipper Town
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          This is just a fly-by post because it's !!! My family is hitting the road for a few days. I'm going to miss my Shipper Family but I will enjoy the vacation!!

I will be looking forward to catching up on all the BRILLIANT shippy posts! Don't have too much fun without me!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my daughter's drawing!! It's nice to know I'm training her well!

(((((Shipper Family)))))
          ((((((((Token))))))) Have a wonderful holiday. We'll miss you. We'll try not to enjoy ourselves too much whilst you're away!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            (((Shipper Family)))

Jack: Carter. You like chocolate cake right?
            Sam: Yep.
            Jack: So why can't we have a chocolate wedding cake?
            Sam: We are having a chocolate wedding cake.
            Jack: Then why are we trying this?
            Sam: Cos I like to see you suffer.
            or

Jack: God, Sam this is horrible! When we get married, I'm doing all the cooking.

Sams thinking: Oh boy, it worked! Now I just have to find a way to get him to wash the dishes, vaccuum, and do the laundry.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by florence
              I've just watched an amazing Sam/Jack vid that you can find here.
              Great song and every scene is put on the right words

Go and run to watch it !
              It will make you remember all the Sam/Jack moments in these last 8 years (warning : clips from Season 1 to S8 Threads in this vid)
              WOW...that is possibly the most awesome S/J video I've ever seen!
              Last edited by ST-1; 25 May 2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                WOW...that is possibly the most awesome S/J video I've ever seen!
                I enjoyed the video as well and would recommend it to anyone who was feeling down.
                -girlgater

Comment

Here's a lighthearted/shippy fanfic for y'all!

Comments are welcome, but remember this is my first attempt...so go easy on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                    Or....not watch.

And you can add Chris Judge to my list of people I no longer have any interest in: he, too, is now dissing RDA. Hey, Chris, you wouldn't have had a job--I don't see any A-list, or even B-list directors, banging on your door--if RDA had not put aside his personal preferences to stay.

You know, these are not really a bunch of nice people, and they have absolutely no sense of loyalty. Clearly, there are a lot of fans they are completely writing off and they are playing exclusively to the Farscape fans and to the Daniel fans, especially those Daniel fans who have turned on Jack for not putting Daniel first (and, yes, I have seen posts like that everywhere).
                    A class act would have been to have praised RDA and expressed appreciation for the years together, while saying that things are going well on the set now and there seems to be definite team spirit that they think the fans will enjoy. Obviously, Cooper, Judge et al are not class acts.

J.
                    I read Chris' article too, and I kind of thought it was toned down from what we have been reading. Yes, I would have worded it a little differently too, as some of you are saying. But I also thought it wasn't as "strong" as what others have said.

I also wonder if that softening of position is in response to some of our comments on the thread, or maybe reax from other fans. I don't know of anything else that's happened in the interim. After all, we never know who's lurking here.....or even posting, for that matter.

I've been around entertainment people for years (not Hollywood or Vancouver, but the promotional mindset is pretty much the same in every phase of the industry). If your boss tells you the company line is to be positive, you're going to be positive, no matter how you feel. It's expected of you, just like showing up for work. And with show biz egos being what they are, I'm sure MS and CJ are hoping for more attention now that RDA is gone (shudder---I can barely type it! Heck, I still can't stand to think about it!).

Notice we haven't heard from Amanda.......
                    When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?

Just some ramblings......RL has been so hectic for the past few days that I'm struggling just to keep up with reading the posts. I've barely had time to respond at all.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      I've just watched an amazing Sam/Jack vid that you can find here.
                      Great song and every scene is put on the right words

Go and run to watch it !
                      It will make you remember all the Sam/Jack moments in these last 8 years (warning : clips from Season 1 to S8 Threads in this vid)
                      Wow! She's right! It is awesome! Does anyone know firefly?

Comment

Welcome to the Shipper family ST-1. I've just read your fic and enjoyed it very much. I hope you continue to write more. I can never get enough shippy fics!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ditto dipsofjazz's comments! Great story! Please write more!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            I read Chris' article too, and I kind of thought it was toned down from what we have been reading. Yes, I would have worded it a little differently too, as some of you are saying. But I also thought it wasn't as "strong" as what others have said.

I also wonder if that softening of position is in response to some of our comments on the thread, or maybe reax from other fans. I don't know of anything else that's happened in the interim. After all, we never know who's lurking here.....or even posting, for that matter.

I've been around entertainment people for years (not Hollywood or Vancouver, but the promotional mindset is pretty much the same in every phase of the industry). If your boss tells you the company line is to be positive, you're going to be positive, no matter how you feel. It's expected of you, just like showing up for work. And with show biz egos being what they are, I'm sure MS and CJ are hoping for more attention now that RDA is gone (shudder---I can barely type it! Heck, I still can't stand to think about it!).

Notice we haven't heard from Amanda.......
                            When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?

Just some ramblings......RL has been so hectic for the past few days that I'm struggling just to keep up with reading the posts. I've barely had time to respond at all.
                            I haven't read CJ's comments , or for that matter, RCC's, but it's possible some of the "happiness" on the set is not having to work around RDA's schedule. Now that schedule was because they WANTED him to return for the last few seasons, and not some sort of prima donna type demands on his part. But it's just a thought (and it would probably have affected the behind the scenes people more than the actors). I have an offspring in the entertainment business (theatre) and the hours are looooong for those behind the scenes and acknowledgement often scarce. I've done my share of dissing TPTB, but I do feel because of this family connection that fans sometimes forget how many workers are needed behind the scenes (but frankly it's more interesting to see and hear the actors like on the Lowdowns or Award shows.) I do however always sit through
                            ALL the credits on the end of movies.

Now I will read what CJ said and also, I've been trying without success to find Carmen A.'s comments. Can anyone tell me where to find them?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Ditto dipsofjazz's comments! Great story! Please write more!
                              Thanks! Considering how much fun I had writing this one, I will certainly do some more. And they'll most likely be shippy, considering that's my favorite subject.

Comment

ST-1, the story was great! Just what we needed to lighten our hearts about Sam & Jack. Thank you and please write more!!
                                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                                Hic Comitas Regit
                                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Working...
                                X