This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, i have a question.

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

and please, if you don't want to post in here, feel free to pm me

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If TPTB cannot take the Heat stay out of the Kitchen.I do not remember anyone forcing TPTB to be on this Forum.IMO as long as were respectful we should be able to voice our displeasure.TPTB wanted to push the Sam and Jack Ship they should not be surprised when Fans want a resolution.TPTB Loved the Ratings the Shippers helped in building.It's too late for TPTB to run away from the Ship.No RDA is not an excuse to bring in every Sam Man Friend or never have Sam mention Jack or have Daniel or Teal'c ask Sam about Jack.RDA schedule is out of TPTB hands but there's plenty of things TPTB can do to show the Shippers they care.

Comment

Just a fly by to drop in another pretty pic....

Hope in brings everyone some Shippy Cheer--Seems to be needed right about now!

Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Just when I was starting to feel a little better, here he goes again.....

From Joe's thread, posted just moments ago:

Originally Posted by majorsal
          hi, joe,

besides being an s/j shipper, i'm also a sam carter fan. any tid-bits you could share to get me excited about the new season regarding this wonderful character?

sally

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.
          Apparently they've
          Spoiler:
          signed the actor who played Orlin to reprise his role.
          So now what?

Comment

This is why I stay away from the JM Thread.There's nothing good coming from that Thread IMO.I may be wrong on this but I think TPTB are going to be very careful with Sam getting involved with
            Spoiler:
            Orlin or anyone else.TPTB will push things up to a certain point but I doubt Sam will have another Boyfriend.Just in case I'am wrong I will not be watching the episode.If I do not see it I can pretend it never happened.In the episode something will happen again to Orlin and Sam will Cry then move on to another Man Friend in the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              This is why I stay away from the JM Thread.There's nothing good coming from that Thread IMO.I may be wrong on this but I think TPTB are going to be very careful with Sam getting involved with
              Spoiler:
              Orlin or anyone else.TPTB will push things up to a certain point but I doubt Sam will have another Boyfriend.Just in case I'am wrong I will not be watching the episode.If I do not see it I can pretend it never happened.
              Gee, I wish I'd thought of that before Chimera aired....

[/snark]
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Me too.I learned the Hard way.I have also learned to stay away from all SG-1 interviews.I did slip with the Carmen interview.I loved the Jacob character but I'll never see Jacob the same way again after that interview.With the Shippers luck Jacob will appear to Sam in a Dream in Season 9 and tell Sam to be with Daniel.I just gave myself a nightmare.Just Great.Just what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Me too.I learned the Hard way.I have also learned to stay away from all SG-1 interviews.I did slip with the Carmen interview.I loved the Jacob character but I'll never see Jacob the same way again after that interview.With the Shippers luck Jacob will appear to Sam in a Dream in Season 9 and tell Sam to be with Daniel.I just gave myself a nightmare.Just Great.Just what I needed.
                  I think I'm going to take your advice. I've just unsubscribed from both Joe's and Martin's threads. If there's something really important there, someone here will say something about it.

Comment

You made the right decision.You just saved yourself alot of aggrevation.This may be too much but I also recommend staying away from Season 9.I'am taking the Year off like RDA.If RDA returns in 10 and as long as AT is still around I'll make my return as well.After waiting 8 Years and watching Threads and Moebius I really need a Year off from SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one

Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

What do folks think?

Well, I'm one of the ones who has been negative lately, so if I've upset anyone, I apologize. I've just been disappointed with TPTB's attitude toward us and our beloved Sam and Jack.

I've found you all to be so free with your opinions on this thread that I felt comfortable being totally honest here. If I've offended anyone, I'm really sorry, and I'll be glad to tone it down. I have already unsubscribed from Joe's and Martin's threads, because Joe had upset me so much. I think it would just be better for me to stay away from those threads for now. I'm sure if there's anything there that's truly worth reading, one of you will mention it here.

Comment

I agree Mary.When TPTB give us some optimism I'll be the First to be Mr.Positive.I want Shippers to feel free to voice any opinion.I really do not think any Shippers should feel the need to keep things positive on this Forum.IMO this Forum has been a great help in blowing off steam.

Comment

I don't think any one has been offended by a particular post, it's the constant negativity about Sam/Jack ship in season nine. If you've decided not to watch because you feel TPTB will be unfair to the ship, than that's your choice. But to constantly keep bringing up the same complaint over and over does get a bit depressing after a while. And as was mentioned earlier, there is a anti-season 9 thread, if you're that unhappy.

TPTB are still working on the first half of the season, so who knows what could come in the second half. I don't think they even know. But I'm holding out for some small gifts to the shippers during this season and don't expect to be disappointed.

I'm a big Sam/Amanda fan, too. Hopefully Amanda'll have some influence on how Sam is treated this season.

And as my sig says...
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              I don't believe it. Joe finally answers a shippy question with a straight answer and look what we get. Never again will I complain about a vague one.

I think I'm gonna think about this one and the ramifications for a bit longer before I say anything else ......
                              i read joe's answer: it just means more waiting.

BUT, he didn't say it's gone, so YAY!

sally, writing her first post with her NEW computer!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
                                Yes, it takes time to plan a wedding...

ooh, i LOVE the way that sounds! it could happen.

(i've been planning their wedding for years now )

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X