This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Am I the only one who feels like blasting TPTB over on the JM thread? I mean, "what you did the shippers stinks, as well as what you did to Corin and the Jonas character." (Yes, I've just finished watching Homecoming, so don't get me started. Besides, that's OT here.)

I'm sooooo tempted, so somebody better talk me out of it, quick!!
    k-consider yourself talked out of it-it really won't do any good-aggravating yourself any further will do nothing but make you more upset.

*hugs
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
      We should all go to the studios, arrange ourselves in battle formation, then yell out our battle-cry; 'Sam and Jack foreverrrrrrr! YARRRRR!' before hurling ourselves at the studios.

MAybe they'll get the message. ;-)
      not bloodly likely.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Am I the only one who feels like blasting TPTB over on the JM thread? I mean, "what you did the shippers stinks, as well as what you did to Corin and the Jonas character." (Yes, I've just finished watching Homecoming, so don't get me started. Besides, that's OT here.)

May be ..you could start another thread for those kind of comments ..I think they need to know and if Joe visits ..he will perhaps have a look ..and I will gladly post in that new thread about Jonas ( Corin) and why they absolutely refuse to have him back for season 9 and also have him in Atlantis .
        and I will also express my unhappiness about the Sam and Jack ship if they are leaving it to what we saw in Threads with no spoken resolution along the line and no real cudlles/and/or kiss

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          May be ..you could start another thread for those kind of comments ..I think they need to know and if Joe visits ..he will perhaps have a look ..and I will gladly post in that new thread about Jonas ( Corin) and why they absolutely refuse to have him back for season 9 and also have him in Atlantis .
          and I will also express my unhappiness about the Sam and Jack ship if they are leaving it to what we saw in Threads with no spoken resolution along the line and no real cudlles/and/or kiss

Caty
          i had been considering a "Pigs will become Kosher and fly before I.......(fill in the blank) season 9."

I get really steamed when i read about what they are doing and not doing-and rumor has it-becuz I cannot confirm this-
          Spoiler:
          that they are deliberately trying to put teyla and john closer to aggravate the weir/shep people.
          and then JM basically saying that they are going to go on the premise that s/j never happened-steams me big time.
          Last edited by pittsburghgirl; 22 May 2005, 02:40 PM. Reason: spoiler tag

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Thank you sclaire

My site will always be there with the videos to watch and there are plenty of them but "somewhere" by Tempation was my last one ever for the Sam and Jack ship .Gonna stop one day and the time is now ...Keep enjoying them and I'll make my move to other shows for Music videos

Remember the fun we all had talking about Sam and Jack and I really enjoyed making all those videos and artwork for all of you shippers

Caty
            aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa caty,i am really sad that his will be the last sam and jack video.Whenever i have felt down about their relationship i always throw one of your vid's on,which make me so happy,hell i throw them on nearly every-day when i'm having a bad day,but at least you have taken the time to put these wonderful videos together for all of us to share and for that i am very grateful.

i wish we could have a final one at the end of season 9 with them properly together then that would complete the circle.

From the bottom of my heart thank-you caty for all the hard work you have done and all the happiness you've brought us.A huge shipper hug from me.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Caty I still cannot believe how bad TPTB ruined the Sam and Jack Ship.I see how great the Ship was in the Matrix and I hear how great the Ship is on Alias and Lost.I have a hard time watching a Show without some Ship.It does not matter to me if it's a Comedy or SciFi.IMO most people Love Ship and alot of Shows are moving in that direction.Season 9 has nothing interesting for me.It's going to be Sam and the guest Star of the Week and the Jaffa rebellion.TPTB are pleasing everyone else except for the Shippers.TPTB have made it clear how they feel about the Shippers and I'll make it clear how I feel about TPTB by not watching Season 9.

Comment

I thought the ship on stargate was one of the best i have seen,even though i know that RDA and AT were never an item it felt real.
                I have watched shows with the ship in it,take Alias i love that show,and i loved the ship,but when jenifer garner and michael vartan spilt up in real life i think for a little bit it reflected on the chemistry between them on screen,but with our sam and jack charaters it seemed to go from strength to strength,and the emotion was so high.

For me their relationship has been the strongest on a tv show for as long as can remember,and at least we did have the ship in it which even though not resolved it gave me some happiness waiting and finally watching.
                After the first proper episode of them admitting their feelings season 4 we had to wait till season 8 (4years) to get our episode again,but they should finish it on a high with sam and jack not just brush it under the carpet.

ok way to much ranting as usual,

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Sorry if I don't participate more in this thread these last few days but I've already told my point on the S9 and I don't see what I could add.
                  I understand why some of you are not happy about the way SJ ship was dealt with in S8 and I understand why you don't want to watch S9.

But IMO it would be a really bad idea to start a thread to blast TPTB over or to make comments like that. Cause it seems to me it would be against forum rules. If you disagree with their work, you could maybe send emails or letters to SG studios but I don't think this forum would be the best place to do it
                  And there's an Anti-Season 9 thread here
                  Maybe you could explain your point of view there

I think we shouldn't probably make too many speculations about SJ ship in S9 before we have seen at least the 1st episodes. Cause we don't know, maybe there will be something (Jack telling the other guys he has to come home soon cause Sam comes back that day, something like that )
                  As for myself, I don't expect much SJ ship in S9, maybe not at all. How could it be when, in the few episodes Jack will be there, Sam won't even be there at all ?
                  But hey, who knows ? Maybe Jack will come back in the last episode of S9 and this time, Sam will be there too And we'll finally get our SJ ship resolution
                  Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Caty I still cannot believe how bad TPTB ruined the Sam and Jack Ship.I see how great the Ship was in the Matrix and I hear how great the Ship is on Alias and Lost.I have a hard time watching a Show without some Ship.It does not matter to me if it's a Comedy or SciFi.IMO most people Love Ship and alot of Shows are moving in that direction.Season 9 has nothing interesting for me.It's going to be Sam and the guest Star of the Week and the Jaffa rebellion.TPTB are pleasing everyone else except for the Shippers.TPTB have made it clear how they feel about the Shippers and I'll make it clear how I feel about TPTB by not watching Season 9.
                    i am becoming less and less interested in 9 as well. maybe the boys in vancouver need to take a look at the other scifi show being shot across the way BSG-it has a good story line and works in the relationship angle and heavens-there are even consequences that they deal with in these interactions. I am a scifi geek have been for a very very long time-and it isn't just the story itself but the many layers of the story-interpersonal relationships being a big one for me-and not just the gadgets that go boom. Marimba has it right-they are objectifying the women in their shows-Teyla-Sam-Vala.-even poor Anise. that is no way to run a business-if their business is to entertain-they have to keep in mind all of their audience not just the hormonal ones.

Comment

IMO TPTB are ruining not only the Women but the Male guest Star.I cannot take the Male guest Star on SG-1 seriously.TPTB write the Male Guest Star like they never saw a Women before and they have the Male guest star fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.I always felt TPTB never wanted to get Sam and Jack together because TPTB want Sam free for the guest Star of the Week.It would not surprise me at all if TPTB act like Sam and Jack never happened.I'am really starting to wonder if there is anyone TPTB have to answer to in regards to the Show.I always felt TPTB spend about 5 minutes planning Season 8 and it seems it's down to 4 minutes for Season 9.It really seems it's like Party Time for TPTB of SG-1.TPTB are doing what ever comes to mind without any thoughs on whether it makes sense for the Show.
                      Last edited by ses110; 22 May 2005, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        i am becoming less and less interested in 9 as well. maybe the boys in vancouver need to take a look at the other scifi show being shot across the way BSG-it has a good story line and works in the relationship angle and heavens-there are even consequences that they deal with in these interactions. I am a scifi geek have been for a very very long time-and it isn't just the story itself but the many layers of the story-interpersonal relationships being a big one for me-and not just the gadgets that go boom. Marimba has it right-they are objectifying the women in their shows-Teyla-Sam-Vala.-even poor Anise. that is no way to run a business-if their business is to entertain-they have to keep in mind all of their audience not just the hormonal ones.
                        I so agree with you all about this. I am so disheartened about what they are saying about our ship...or lack of it. We all know that RDA won't be around, but many people here have given excellent examples of how a comment here, a phone call there would help us to keep our ship going!
                        As to the sexing up of all the female characters...I think TPTB must be going through their mid-life crisis!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          IMO TPTB are ruining not only the Women but the Male guest Star.I cannot take the Male guest Star on SG-1 seriously.TPTB write the Male Guest Star like they never saw a Women before and they have the Male guest star fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.I always felt TPTB never wanted to get Sam and Jack together because TPTB want Sam free for the guest Star of the Week.It would not surprise me at all if TPTB act like Sam and Jack never happened.I'am really starting to wonder if there is anyone TPTB have to answer to in regards to the Show.I always felt TPTB spend about 5 minutes planning Season 8 and it seems it's down to 4 minutes for Season 9.It really seems it's like Party Time for TPTB of SG-1.TPTB are doing what ever comes to mind without any thoughs on whether it makes sense for the Show.
                          You're right ses. Sam was becoming the Captain Kirk of Stargate...a beau on every planet! The show doesn't have to make sense to TPTB, for they just make jokes about all the plot holes they keep digging!
                          sigpic

Comment

After a day of stepping away from this (I notice that Oma-1, who had the other question answered with mine, has stayed away today too), I still have to say, no.....you're not the only one who feels like blasting TPTB. But I wouldn't recommend it. I got a little testy with JM one day and was scolded (politely) by two mods.

What I would suggest is that everyone continue to post S/J ship questions on Joe's thread. He may choose to ignore them, but he needs to know that we still care and that we're still interested. However, please do it firmly and politely, and stress the disappointment you feel. I think it would be ok to mention your anger at being played by TPTB, but just don't use angry language or a lot of attitude with him, or your post will be deleted, and your message will go unheard.

At this point, I'm hoping for a couple of dialogue references that acknowledge that Jack's retirement was a step forward for Sam and Jack.....and that they remain in touch with each other. Joe didn't say we wouldn't have that, but I didn't read a lot of hope into his message.

Keep the faith, shippers! We are more than a third of the overall fan base. We just have to keep making our voices heard.
                            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 22 May 2005, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Joe just went online at his thread a moment ago.
                              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 22 May 2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

dipsofjazz not even Kirk was this bad.TPTB have taken a once serious Show and turned it into Animal House.I do not mind some light moments in SciFi but IMO SciFi should be a little Dark and Serious.I got hooked on the Show because of the Chemistry of SG-1 and the Sam and Jack Ship.I also liked that TPTB did not use the Sam character as Eye Candy for the guest Star of the Week.Things have changed 360.One Hathor was enough.There's no need to turn Sam into another Hathor.TPTB should not use the Sam character or any Female character to play out there Fantasies.

Comment

Working...
                                X