Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I to am I sci-fi nut and wish to watch Season 9, especially possible chaaracter devlopment, my bug is not so much with the apparent TPTB lack of interest in any reference to S/J (although its a major factor), but more to do with the fact that in so doing, they've decided to completely drop a major factor in the series thats been growing for the last 8 Seasons, dropping any major element of this sale in a sci-fi series is a bad move, this just hits home closer. They might as well drop the whole Ancient story line, or the Jaffa Rebellion, if they are going to drop such a long-running part of SG-1.

As Tea'lc once said; "It is as if we had said the sun will never rise again."
    -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
    -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
    -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

I think moving on is a very good idea ..There are other great shows out there
      Stargate will now be an action show only and well... be it .. We'll have to accept it if we still stay fans of the show .
      Stargate TPTB will do the same or even worse with Atlantis on the ship department .. It's a disaster to have a ship introduced in a show and not have it follow it through until the very end with a clear resolution ..and not even a real cuddle or real kiss ..It's actually appalling

For me that is it ...that was the final straw ..I'll watch season 9 opener as a casual viewer but I'm not making anything arty about the show anymore ..My passion is gone , gone, gone forever .

My new interests are pretty exciting though

Caty

Comment

Ah Well,

I was just coming by to do a drive by posting....but I got caught up in the JM comments....thank goodness I watched Caty's shippy vids before I came by.....hummm....that is discouraging and I agree with what An Ancient said about that they are dropping a major element....however, I would be happy with a reference to them being together and no boyfriends for Carter....

In any case....I came by to say THANKS for the cool Vids from Caty....I got a kick out of her latest!!!!

I've been immersed in fan fic this weekend....Mei Mei's kicks a$$...and Shimmering Star's Choices rocks....I'm about to jump into one by Buc.....called Them....

Happy Shipping!

s

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          you are not the only one. They have managed to show a lot of disrespect to their viewers and I have said before-in particular the shippers. any wonder why some of us have expressed the opinion that season 8 will not be purchased and season 9 will not be watched?

pittsburghgirl when I said that my passion for the show is gone ..It's true ...and I will never buy season 7 , 8 and 9 and whatever . I actually don't care much about the show anymore and appalling TPTB with what they are doing to one of the best romance on TV screen ...not the best one obviously . I have seen a lot better in other sci-fi series with less innuendos ..but the Sam and Jack ship had prospects....Now it's all reduced to nothing ..so really ...I wonder why TPTB even bothered to make it a bit more obvious in season 7 with the heroe and deathknell hugs and the Grace kiss ....They are vicious , aren't they !!!

Caty

Comment

They're playing us and you know it. The problem is, they just don't know when to stop playing.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
              Ah Well,

I was just coming by to do a drive by posting....but I got caught up in the JM comments....thank goodness I watched Caty's shippy vids before I came by.....hummm....that is discouraging and I agree with what An Ancient said about that they are dropping a major element....however, I would be happy with a reference to them being together and no boyfriends for Carter....

In any case....I came by to say THANKS for the cool Vids from Caty....I got a kick out of her latest!!!!

I've been immersed in fan fic this weekend....Mei Mei's kicks a$$...and Shimmering Star's Choices rocks....I'm about to jump into one by Buc.....called Them....

Happy Shipping!

s

Thank you sclaire

My site will always be there with the videos to watch and there are plenty of them but "somewhere" by Tempation was my last one ever for the Sam and Jack ship .Gonna stop one day and the time is now ...Keep enjoying them and I'll make my move to other shows for Music videos

Remember the fun we all had talking about Sam and Jack and I really enjoyed making all those videos and artwork for all of you shippers

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Thank you sclaire

My site will always be there with the videos to watch and there are plenty of them but "somewhere" by Tempation was my last one ever for the Sam and Jack ship .Gonna stop one day and the time is now ...Keep enjoying them and I'll make my move to other shows for Music videos

Remember the fun we all had talking about Sam and Jack and I really enjoyed making all those videos and artwork for all of you shippers

Caty
                My Pleasure they are all so wonderful! I am going to miss the ship...but I always have fic. When they don't give you any new material to work with Caty, what are you going to do?

S

Comment

Let's see if this works...

Ooh, I did it! Tech-challenged and all!
                  It's a little big, but I wanted to share.

I can't imagine the 'ship disappearing completely. Maybe they'll put it under wraps for a little while until they decide how to handle it, but ultimately, it'll have to be resolved. Eventually.

Comment

And another...

C'mon shippers, we can't give up! Not after 8 friggin' seasons!
                    Just trying to lighten the mood here...

Comment

ST-1, it doesn't work for me. I only see a little red cross
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Aw, crap. I'm sorry, florence.
                        Just go here, and here, and I promise you'll feel better.

Comment

Thanks ! It's better like this. Nice work ! I especially love the "Wow" one

PS : What's weird is that I see your pics now that I reply, but I don't see them when I'm reading the thread

ETA : Now I see the pics IN the thread. Weirder and weirder...
                          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            Well I personally have felt for sometime that they didn't respect the viewers in general and shipers in particular. At least however, we did get a straight answer-maybe not as straight as we would have liked or like-but there it is.
                            Am I the only one who feels like blasting TPTB over on the JM thread? I mean, "what you did the shippers stinks, as well as what you did to Corin and the Jonas character." (Yes, I've just finished watching Homecoming, so don't get me started. Besides, that's OT here.)

I'm sooooo tempted, so somebody better talk me out of it, quick!!
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                              Thanks ! It's better like this. Nice work ! I especially love the "Wow" one

PS : What's weird is that I see your pics now that I reply, but I don't see them when I'm reading the thread

ETA : Now I see the pics IN the thread. Weirder and weirder...
                              WAIT, I think I know what happened...I uploaded the pics to Webshots then immediately posted the links, but in Webshots it takes about 30 mins. for pics to be "viewable" to the public. That's probably what happened. Sorry for all the confusion!

Comment

We should all go to the studios, arrange ourselves in battle formation, then yell out our battle-cry; 'Sam and Jack foreverrrrrrr! YARRRRR!' before hurling ourselves at the studios.

MAybe they'll get the message. ;-)
                                -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                                -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                                -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Working...
                                X