X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An Ancient
    btw- Thanks for the welcome people.

For reference, any Deplhi era people would know my old account as Aeon9570. Just in case you were wondering.

However, to the topic of the thread...

take comfort all shippers, S/J is inevitable, unstoppable, it will happen, we know this, the writers know this, they like messing about with us on occasion, but we're all in this to deep to change anything dramatically without ruining the show. I am quietly confident.

What think you?
    I agree completely. No matter how down we may get and confused by TPTB, it will happen. TPTB are playing with shippers (and non-shippers) to keep their ratings up, but eventually they have to give us what we as shippers want--and I truly believe they will. Sure, I'm living in a fantasy world and seeing the relationship and it's eventual outcome through rose colored glasses, but I don't care. Also, I started watching SG because I like the premis of the show, the actors and yes, the ship. Whether we have an "in-your-face" outcome to Jack and Sam remains to be seen. But until I see it, I'm going to still keep watching and give S9 a chance. Maybe that's what they're counting on, but that's ok too.

Sam & Jack--today, tomorrow, forever.
    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      I agree completely. No matter how down we may get and confused by TPTB, it will happen. TPTB are playing with shippers (and non-shippers) to keep their ratings up, but eventually they have to give us what we as shippers want--and I truly believe they will. Sure, I'm living in a fantasy world and seeing the relationship and it's eventual outcome through rose colored glasses, but I don't care. Also, I started watching SG because I like the premis of the show, the actors and yes, the ship. Whether we have an "in-your-face" outcome to Jack and Sam remains to be seen. But until I see it, I'm going to still keep watching and give S9 a chance. Maybe that's what they're counting on, but that's ok too.

Sam & Jack--today, tomorrow, forever.
      Well said, gater. Well said.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Hey everybody--Joe Mallozzi is on!
        -girlgater

Comment

For reference, any Deplhi era people would know my old account as Aeon9570. Just in case you were wondering.

take comfort all shippers, S/J is inevitable, unstoppable, it will happen, we know this, the writers know this, they like messing about with us on occasion, but we're all in this to deep to change anything dramatically without ruining the show. I am quietly confident.

What think you?
          I agree! They can't stop it! And lets just hope they give us what were looking for in S9!!!! Sam and Jack Forever!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            Cake AND Jack, could life get any sweeter??????
            Amen!!You got that right!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Are there any plans to show us how Sam & Jack resolved the whole regs issue? It kept them apart for 8 long years, but wasn’t eradicated before they went fishing - surely it deserves some screen time? (No court-martial though I hope )
              Originally posted by JMallozzi
              To be perfetly honest, the resolution of that issue is something we won't be touching on anytime soon.
              I don't believe it. Joe finally answers a shippy question with a straight answer and look what we get. Never again will I complain about a vague one.

I think I'm gonna think about this one and the ramifications for a bit longer before I say anything else ......
              sigpic

Comment

I don't believe it. Joe finally answers a shippy question with a straight answer and look what we get. Never again will I complain about a vague one.

I think I'm gonna think about this one and the ramifications for a bit longer before I say anything else ......
                You know it doesn't really sound that bad. JM didn't say "never". He said "won't be touching on anytime soon". I can live with that for now.

Comment

Yes, it takes time to plan a wedding...
                  -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                  -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                  -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Yes, it takes time to plan a wedding...
                    I love the way you think....I agree it would take alot of planning to "do" the right wedding

Comment

What think you?
                      I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'm a believer that this has always been where the relationship was going and eventually Sam & Jack will be together.
                      Even TPTB KNOW this cause Sam & Jack sooo love each other!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

While I do not like the answer at least it's a straight answer.I'll always respect a person if they give a straight honest answer.The Actors and TPTB have always given different answers to the same question and it drove me crazy.I'am hoping we'll still have a final Sam and Jack resolution.I have no doubt it may take a long while.If there is an episode with both Sam and Jack I'll watch and if not I will have Fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          While I do not like the answer at least it's a straight answer.I'll always respect a person if they give a straight honest answer.The Actors and TPTB have always given different answers to the same question and it drove me crazy.I'am hoping we'll still have a final Sam and Jack resolution.I have no doubt it may take a long while.If there is an episode with both Sam and Jack I'll watch and if not I will have Fanfiction.
                          Me, too, Ses. When we get confirmation that an episode has both RDA *and* Amanda in it, I'll watch. Until then, forget it.

On a slightly OT note, now that Joan of Arcadia has been officially cancelled, does anybody think they'll bring back Jack Jr? That would definitely tempt me to watch, at least.
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Are we ever going to see Jack and Sam wake up in the same bed after making love? Regs? Who cares? Everyone knows that discretion is the better part of valor. It's their life together.

Comment

Isn't it kind of funny that first RC comes out with "shippers may be disappointed with Season 9...." and suddenly we get a direct answer from Joe "the resolution of that issue we won't be touching on anytime soon". I kind of think that if they give the shippers anything in Season 9, if they are ever both in the same episode, it will be more looks as we have had in the past with off seasons. It might just all be up in the air with wondering whether RDA is just taking the year off or really retiring. I'm also thinking that if he doesn't return to some sort of a schedule for Season 10 then they will consider it dealt with, but if he does return then maybe they think they can touch on it some more.....who knows!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well he didn't say we'd never discuss it again... it's just not front burner...which makes sense because no RDA.

They have to focus on the rebirth of the series with the new regulars and the new dangers etc. so I'm not surprised about this...

I wish it were different...but what are they going to do...hold Rick at gunpoint and DEMAND he show up and film scenes?? They have to move on...

At the same time, the Sam/Jack arc is a part of the series...TPTB know this and so do the stars. When they are able, it will be addressed...more than likely it'll be in subtle ways for most of the season...but hopefully leading up to something nice and onscreen.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X