X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i'm holding on, too, with hope.

sally
    I'm gonna be singing Bonnie Tyler all day now ......

*I need a hero duh duh duhhhhh
    I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night .....*

That's probably a good thing cos I can think happy thoughts of Jack all day
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Sorry I know you all are having a really serious conversation here, but I've been trying to keep positive so I thought I'd toss in a bit of S/J humor to hopefully lighten the mood a little. Hope you don't mind.

Just remember... it ain't over till it's over...or is that till the fat lady sings... oh well. One of those. Don't get too down. Hopefully there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Daniel: Hey Jack, did Sam show you what she bought herself for an early birthday present?

Sam: (embarrassed) Daniel!

Daniel: What? (grinning) Go ahead...show him.

Jack: What?

Sam: (giving Daniel a dirty look) It's nothing sir...really.

Jack: Come on Carter, you obviously already showed Daniel. Let's see.

Sam: (glaring at Daniel) Yes sir. (Raising her shirt)

Jack: Is that what I think it is?

http://img266.echo.cx/img266/4736/navalring4gy.jpg

Daniel: It's a naval ring.

Jack: Carter that's...

Sam: I know...(cringing)...it's against regulations. I promise... I'll remove it while I'm on base.

Jack: I was gonna say...hot.

Sam: Really?

Jack: Really.

Sam/Jack: (thinking) Wow!

LOVE it!

i know it's hard to stay positive (especially for those of us that have been riding this rollercoaster the longest), but i don't think things are over either. since spoilers are zero for ship AND sam, it gives me some hope that they're related. and, we always know the shippy stuff comes later in the season. AND, threads was too important (and made too big a deal by the writers) to be dropped and forgotten.

((((shippers))))

i'm going to hang in there, and i'll throw out some life preservers for my family members too.

sally

ps - everytime i think of what really happened in threads... *super duper sigh*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Thank you

Can anyone tell us if the lack of spoilers for S/J is normal in the run up to a new season? Or is it specifically this year cos of no*don't want to say it-going into denial la-la-la-la*. Is it always like this in the run up to a new season? Can't believe I've got to wait until Oct 5th to see it! Thank goodness for spoilers or I think the anticipation would kill me - especially with it being so angsty for us shippers Either way - I NEED to KNOW!
        i came into fandom in season 4, and we always had shippy spoilers given to us. season 8 was the first time it didn't happen (and remember how wonderful that season's ship stuff ended up ).

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sally, that's reassuring
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            Thank you

Can anyone tell us if the lack of spoilers for S/J is normal in the run up to a new season? Or is it specifically this year cos of no*don't want to say it-going into denial la-la-la-la*. Is it always like this in the run up to a new season? Can't believe I've got to wait until Oct 5th to see it! Thank goodness for spoilers or I think the anticipation would kill me - especially with it being so angsty for us shippers Either way - I NEED to KNOW!
            I had wondered the same thing too, Oma, so thanks for asking. (And Sally for answering). I can't imagine having to wait until October; July seems like an eternity already. Of course, you can get spoiled the same way we in the US do after our mid-season break. Thank goodness for spoilers.

I'm keeping the faith that we will get some resolution to all this jerking around by tptb. Here's hoping!!
            -girlgater

Comment

Happy birthday Oma !

May all your shippy dreams come true (if not on screen , then in fanfics )
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Oh...Happy Birthday Oma! I can't do anything fancy, but you have my sincere wishes for a happy birthday. Hope it's a great day.
                -girlgater

Comment

Happy birthday Oma

Darkquee 1 ..I love your post exactly what I think too .

Forever SG1 ...LOL at your little scenario and the naval ring pic That is a great expression on Jack's face

Caty

Comment

happy birthday oma!!!!!

hope you have a fab day!!!

for some reason my pc won't let me in so i'm a stranger at the moment here and i don't wanna be!!!!!

i've got to catch up on the posts see if i've missed any spoilers(please sam and jack).

will check in later!!

OH HI GUYS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      well guess I am going to have to find a new show to be my treadmill buddy-i walked to that show for two and half years-even though I probably could say the dialogue along with the characters. I have had season 7 since november-and I still haven't watched it.

Oh yeah and which show is that ?? I'm always looking out for new shows .

I have heard about "Lost" and it's addiction ..so I'm also looking forward to that one too ..Now I have JAG to catch up on ..I love Alias , 24 ,cold case and CSI Las Vegas .Those are the shows I'm into at the moment .Hard to fit them all ..I'm more casual with CSI and Cold case but I tape the others on DVD's for future music videos

and to stay on topic Sam and Jack and a big wedding ring in season 9 and I repost that collage

The future of Sam and Jack : A scene from season 9 ...At least that one is really visual

Caty

Comment

Happy Birthday Oma!!!!

Have A Great Day!

sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Aloha!

Well...I see this thread has gone nuts in recent days...ah well

Lemme put my feelings like this

I found this show just over a year ago. I've now caught up and own all of the DVDs from 1 - 7.

I am not going to let TPTB tarnish what I have taken from this show, by destroying the team we love so much. Instead, I'm going to mark Moebius as the end of SG1, and the 9th season as a new show. I'm going to set aaside any ill feelings towards the showrunners and have a look at this show with the same open mindedness as I did with Atlantis. If I get hooked on it, then that's what happens. If I get bored and switch off, that's what will happen. SG1 had a lot of good things going for that, and TPTB seem hell intent on taking those things away. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of pissing me off. I'm going to take what comes and view this as a new departure. In the meantime, I have the wonderful world of fanfiction and reruns. NOTHING can take those away from me. Nothing. TPTB will never win this battle. The show will eventually suffer the same fate as Trek, and on that day, they'll be wondering when it all went wrong, and you know what...by then I won't care.

So here's my season nine therapy plan

...providing you have time

1. two hours before the premiere...watch CotG
                          2. Watch the premiere of s9
                          3. Watch the SGA s2 premiere.
                          4. Watch Battlestar.

By starting off at the beginning of SG1 again, you will see how different S1 is to S9, and you come to identify the shows as two seperate entities. In time, you'll think of the two SG1s as completely seperate...who knows...you may even like the new characters.

Sorry...I'm just a little hyper...I had my practical music exam today
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!

Hope it is a great day!
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Happy Birthday OMA!!!!!

Make a wish

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X