This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Yeah, Caty I agree. the ending was a let down.
    Spoiler:
    They spent the whole season spliting them apart. Us shippers had to endure alot thru the season. We watched every ep looking for anything that would give us hope that they would get together. To me Season 8 was very painful, not only as a J/S shipper and a Sam fan, but also as a SG-1 fan. They wasted most of RDA air time, they sacrificed Sams character for the sake of the story plot, they made Daniel into a action hero, and poor Teal'c well at least the Jaffa are free. I expect Sam and Jacks relationship willl suffer the same fate as Cassie and Janet.
    Out of sight-out of mind?
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      Out of sight-out of mind?
      Seems to be their motto!
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Seems to be their motto!
        oh-I can think of a few others that would be apprapo. But considering that this is a PG forum and a polite one...
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

they will or should address the sam/jack relationship in season 9 and if they don't they'll pay lol
          "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            oh-I can think of a few others that would be apprapo. But considering that this is a PG forum and a polite one...
            yeah me too.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
              they will or should address the sam/jack relationship in season 9 and if they don't they'll pay lol
              you mean-we won't pay...for the DVDs

Comment

yeah me too.
                well guess I am going to have to find a new show to be my treadmill buddy-i walked to that show for two and half years-even though I probably could say the dialogue along with the characters. I have had season 7 since november-and I still haven't watched it.

Comment

i mean they will be a bit stupid to not address the relationship because in each season there has been a sam/jack episode so it would be odd for them not to.
                  "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

i mean they will be a bit stupid to not address the relationship because in each season there has been a sam/jack episode so it would be odd for them not to.
                    Well I hope I am wrong. I would love to have them acknowledge the relationship. But I am not getting my hopes up.

Rogue

Comment

well that is true-it would be odd for them-but I am still under the considered opinion that they will ignore it. Pretend it never happened. They are quite good at that.

Comment

I guess what I am not understanding is this, knowing that RDA was not going to be around for majority of Season 9 why didn't they resolve the ship at the end of Season 8, what would have been the harm, especially knowing that AT wasn't going to be around for the first half of Season 9 too. This is where my feeling of being let down comes in to play. What I need to know is when Jack changes positions to Home World Security is he still going to be in the Air Force or will he be civillian, and will Sam be under his chain of command still leaving the obstacle of regulations? Because if Jack does go civillian or the regulations are not an issue than my feelings of being let down will hold true, TPTB then had all the opportunity in the world to give the PROPER resolution. If though he remains in the Air Force and the regulations are still an obstacle then actually my feelings of being let down still hold true because
                        Spoiler:
                        that little "retire" from Kerry in Threads
                        was just TPTB waving the carrot in front of our noses as many have said. Does anyone know if this question has been asked to Joe? Of course instead of yes or no, Joe will probably give us something that would take the CIA to figure out.

As ses110 has said before I really almost wish that RDA was not going to be in any of Season 9 (I scared myself by even typing that) because I really feel that his occassional appearances are really a ploy to keep the RDA lovers watching trying to get them hooked on the new season instead of leaving with him. Obviously his appearances also still breathe life into the shippers as well, hoping that we will continue to watch nothing enfold between Jack and Sam. Don't get me wrong I am happy with some bits of some episodes in Season 8 that I can continue to dream upon between Jack and Sam but....

I too started to watch Stargate because of RDA and his portrayal of Jack, then of course I picked up on the relationship of Jack and Sam and that has kept me glued to my set ever since. Yes, I did come to like the rest of the characters but as many have said they weren't enough to keep my interest when Jack was missing. Some of the stories were obviously much better than others but if it hadn't been for RDA I know I wouldn't have watched in the first place.

What drives me crazy though is TPTB saying they have so many NEW ideas for Season 9 and many NEW faces to start a NEW FUTURE, but many of the stories we are hearing include many OLD faces and yes ses110 funny how they all seem to be men who have adored Sam in the PAST. I think TPTB have to figure out which way they want to go, NEW or OLD, PAST or FUTURE. I know we have heard the "new story" ploy with each new season and so far I have not been impressed. Of course TPTB have to be excited, excitement sells, and for some RDA leaving isn't such a big deal (I want names and numbers, only kidding) ;and the introduction of BB, BB and CB they feel will bring NEW life; but with the same OLD writers...I think you get my point. This of course is my brain talking; on the other hand my heart sits here hoping that there will be a fabulous passionate resolution between Jack and Sam (ooooy). Will someone please wake me from my dream, unless I'm smiling then wait a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                          I guess what I am not understanding is this, knowing that RDA was not going to be around for majority of Season 9 why didn't they resolve the ship at the end of Season 8, what would have been the harm, especially knowing that AT wasn't going to be around for the first half of Season 9 too. This is where my feeling of being let down comes in to play. What I need to know is when Jack changes positions to Home World Security is he still going to be in the Air Force or will he be civillian, and will Sam be under his chain of command still leaving the obstacle of regulations? Because if Jack does go civillian or the regulations are not an issue than my feelings of being let down will hold true, TPTB then had all the opportunity in the world to give the PROPER resolution. If though he remains in the Air Force and the regulations are still an obstacle then actually my feelings of being let down still hold true because
                          Spoiler:
                          that little "retire" from Kerry in Threads
                          was just TPTB waving the carrot in front of our noses as many have said. Does anyone know if this question has been asked to Joe? Of course instead of yes or no, Joe will probably give us something that would take the CIA to figure out.
                          I agree with so much of what you said here, Lynne. As for the CIA figuring out a Joe shipper quote, I'm not so sure even they could manage it Shame we can't ask Martin Gero cos he answers the ship questions straight up with a ref to an ep. *HINT HINT*
                          sigpic

Comment

It strikes me that TPTB are being foolish. For some reason, instead of trying to hold the audience they think they are going to lose, they are working at pushing it further away. The Daniel-Uber-Alles/MS fans are going to stay, because their character/actor is still on the show and still getting episodes and storylines (even if, like the entire Vala business, they make the character look, IMO, cute but stupid. It would also be nice to see *Daniel*storylines, instead of "Daniel pretending to be a mini-Jack" storylines, but I don't hold out much hope).

The new Farscape fans they hope to bring in will come because BB is a regular in the show, and CB recurring actor. And since it seems that Browder's character is going to have definite Jack-like traits, that will also mean he'll have certain similarities to Crichton (who had Jack-like traits).

So, these guys are going to stay, at least for a while (depending on the quality of the show). OTOH, there are a bunch of fans who are less sanguine about the coming season. The Jack fans are losing their favorite character and the character they've tended to believe was the core character (and they may also believe, as I do, that everything and everyone sparked better in the days when Jack was a strong presence on the show). The Sam fans are losing the character for five eps; are seeing the possibility of the character's presence being lessened because AT wants to spend more time with her daughter; are seeing what appears to be a "demotion" for the character in regard to the new male lead; and are facing the possibility that the character will continue to be mulched the way TPTB have mulched it for the last two years. And they hear the PTB talking about how season 9 will have new storylines for Daniel and Teal'c; no mention of Sam.

Clearly, the S/J fans are losing a thread they loved to watch.

Further, there are fans who think that the story of SG1, which started with the Goa'uld, should have ended with them, and that the "new directions" sound a lot like the old ones.

You would think that they would be going out of their way to reassure *these* fans, the ones already thinking of leaving, that they really want to stay. That Jack will remain a "presence", even if physically gone, in the way the Daniel was constantly being mentioned in season 6. Something you *don't* do by insulting RDA, BTW.

That Sam would not be losing her position and that they will emphasize the character's brilliance and show her in leadership situations (rather than trotting out old characters who still want to flirt with her).

That S/J has been positively resolved--interestingly, resolving the S/J thread by making it clear that the two are moving forward with their relationship, would eliminate the time wasted in the show on go-nowhere one-off flirtations and would maximize Sam's team time.)

That we aren't going the dumbest common denominator humor route (as Farscape often did) and that we aren't bringing in a whole new set of--drum roll--false gods. Yep, that's new. Or wasting more time on the Ascended, perhaps the show's most boring and annoying creation.

You would think that, but you'd be wrong. They seem to have decided that they don't care if they lose all these people. Certainly, they are doing their best to show us the door.

Too bad, because when the fights break out between the Daniel fans--because BB is getting too damn much screen time and is too important when everyone knows that Daniel is the center of the show--and the Farscape fans--who want BB to be the male lead the way he was in Farscape and to have the biggest chunk of screen time and who like BB to ship and so forth--we would have been calm center. And if you thought this fandom was fractured before, just wait a little. S/J will turn out to be a tempest in a teapot by comparison.

J.
                            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

hey everyone i'm back! I've been away for a while getting some personal stuff sorted but i am back in the owrld of ship!! How is everyone? Do we have any spoilers for next season?? Of the shippy kind of course!?! I've missed you all loads and i hope it hasn't changed to much!

Comment

I think we've got a couple new spoilers, but I doubt you'll like 'em.

And we've missed you, too.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X