Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pittsburghgirl I though IGTBK was the best of a Lousy Season.The epsiode reminded me of a Time when SG-1 was a great Show.Even thought the Sam and Jack Ship was not great I really enjoyed the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
      Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
      I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
      Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
      And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.
      I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
      BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
      Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.
      That's my position and I'll stick to it until July. Wait and see...
      I agree with you...especially the two sentences I highlighted. I am a Stargate fan first and foremost...then I'm a Sam/Jack fan. The Sam/Jack element is something that adds to my enjoyment of the series greatly and I will miss the onscreen chemistry between AT and RDA...and I will confess to hoping that RDA will make more visits than we are told about on this forum or by TPTB.

And since Sam's my favorite character, it'll be hard to watch the first several eps without her around...but I'll have to in order to have one frelling clue as to the new story arcs.

Back to Sam and Jack...I don't think we'll get a huge resolution like we all want because they have to leave the door open for possible movies and the future of the franchise...but I think because they decided to focus so much attention on Sam and Jack at the end of Season 8 and that it veered more in our direction than the anti-shipper's direction, I have hope that we'll have some sort of acknowledgement...in the vague PTB way of course...but something that stays true to the sweeping Sam/Jack story arc...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Lonely Star, will you be shipping from France?

are you kidding!!??? sure I will !! and even if the season9 sucks and has no Sam & Jack moments i'll be there to remnid you the old good times and posting some caps, and If I have time I'll learn about Photoshop

I love my family so much now I couldn't live without France or not France! Internet has no limits and that is cool !!!

as for the cookies I think we should cook some more it looks like the whole family needs some!!

(((((((family))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          I don't watch Stargate for Sam/Jack ship. I watch it for the sci-fi, team interaction, humor, good stories and action. IMO, most of that was missing in season 8. Even though in past seasons the Sam and Jack ship was lacking, I still enjoyed the working relationship between them. Season 8 had too much tension between Sam and Jack. I didn't enjoy it at all. To me, season 8 was full of missed opportunities. It could have been a great season. As far as buying Season 8 DVD, I probably will eventually just to complete my collection. The only eps that will be on my replay list is Gemini, Reckoning II and Good to Be King. I might replay Threads again, but only the Sam/Jacob and Sam/Jack scenes. The rest I could have done without. Moebius I and II are so forgettable, my husband forgot he even watch them.

Of course everybody watches a show for other things than ship at least to start with ..I mean the ship becomes part of the story when well done ..It has not been part of the storyline for season 7 and 8 Sam and Jack though ..before yes without a doubt and it was great because it was mixed into the sci-fi plot and the ship becomes a complement to any shows and is an important part of it . except for a few shows where I don't look for ship at all or let's say disregard any ship like Atlantis, CSI Las Vegas and Cold Case .I only watch those 3 shows purely for the stories and in CSI and cold case ..I just love the music , the songs and the editing Smashing

About buying the DVD's everybody is different but for me ..I record the episodes on DVD's already so that I have good quality episodes if I decide to share with my friends or rewatch them..but I would find it really sad to spend money on a boxset where I know that most episodes were not that good and I would prefer to buy DVD's from another show where the season is outstanding .
          I'm not bothered about the commentaries because of what I heard so far ..they are more upsetting than anything else in season 7 ..so I expect the commentaries for season 8 to be much worse .

That's just me ..I have no intention to complete my SG1 collection ..I stopped at season 6 and the rest is recorded on DVD's ...I did the same with the x-files ..I got the boxset DVD's up to season 7 but only taped season 8 and 9 ..and still I rewatch them if I fancy wiewing one of the 2 last seasons episodes ...I rewatched "Within " and "Without" season 8 from a VHS tape the other day and it was great

May be when I know the outcome of Sam and Jack ..at the end ..and if they have the end they deserve ...then, I may get the DVD's and may enjoy them better ..but at the moment ...I wait ..I waited for the x-files ( still waiting for movie 2 before I can buy season 8 and 9 x-files DVD'S ) so I'm prepared to wait a long time . It may be all worth it at the end

and Sam and Jack forever together in season 9 preferably at the beginning , if not both on screen for the finale episode for a big honking kiss

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            Caty IMO as long as a large number of Shippers watch Season 9 nothing will change with the
            Spoiler:
            Sam and Jack Ship.Being Good Loyal viewers has done nothing for the Shippers.I was going to watch Epiosdes 1 and 3 with RDA and AT first episode back and now I'am not watching any episodes.Season 9 has very little Jack and Sam with the guest Star of the Week.That's 2 great reasons to stay away.I cannot blame TPTB for RDA schedule but I can blame TPTB for not resolving the Ship at the end of Season 8 and bringing back Sam's Man Friends.When TPTB give me what I want I'll watch there Show.

(((Ses)))Yes I know and I 'm losing my interest big time . I don't think I'll be making more Sam and Jack videos ..I think I exausted my passion for the show and the ship ..and I must move on and do other things with other shows like I always do .. I think I will watch season 9 premiere though ..I want to see what they gonna do with the new team and the Sam and Jack ship ...but I won't expect much and well we'll see what the season 9 premiere has to offer but I won't watch more of season 9 if I think TPTB is
            toying with the shippers in a bad way .

I stopped watching Atlantis half way through season 1 ..so I can do it for Season 9 SG1 specially when I know that RDA won't be around ...shoudn't be difficult to let that season go considering RDA /Jack is the soul of the show I may watch episode 5 ... Sam 's return just to see where she went and how she is being re-instated into SGC ..and I'm curious if she will mention Jack ..so for Sam and AT ..I'll watch that one too.
            I may be blown away by season 9 and watch it all !!!!!..but so far ..I don't think so .

And seems like I can't give any green jello to anybody at the moment

Caty

Comment

Caty IMO as long as a large number of Shippers watch Season 9 nothing will change with the
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack Ship.Being Good Loyal viewers has done nothing for the Shippers.I was going to watch Epiosdes 1 and 3 with RDA and AT first episode back and now I'am not watching any episodes.Season 9 has very little Jack and Sam with the guest Star of the Week.That's 2 great reasons to stay away.I cannot blame TPTB for RDA schedule but I can blame TPTB for not resolving the Ship at the end of Season 8 and bringing back Sam's Man Friends.When TPTB give me what I want I'll watch there Show.
              ses, I hate to say it, but whether Shippers watch Season 9 or not won't make any difference at all. I say this because TPTB are making soooo many changes to Season 9 that it will be impossible to attribute declining ratings to just one aspect of the show. Most likely any declining ratings will be attributed to RDA leaving. I think the best "voice" of the Shippers would be to write TPTB concerning their feelings. An influx of mail would give them tangible evidence of Shippers; however, I don't hold much hope for anything changing what Rob Cooper already has decided.

Token ~

Comment

Token your right but it will make me feel better that I'am not helping the ratings.I would never write TPTB.There not worth my Time.I'am doing my part by not Buying Season 7 and 8 and not watching Season 9.I have no problem admitting the Ship is the only thing left in the Show I care about.I have to say even the Ship is not worth watching every Season 9 episode just to hear if Sam mentions Jack.

Comment

Apparently we're not the only group of viewers who are a little put out (More naquadah-enhanced cookies, please, Oma-1) with some of Joe's answers. This snippet concerns a question asked about the Daedelus on Martin Gero's SGA thread.

Originally posted by Teal'c
                  I think Joe's just being awkward. Oh, and an ass. I think we should dress him up as a Furling as punishment
                  )

Gee, and this guy just asked about a ship.....not THE SHIP!

Comment

Token your right but it will make me feel better that I'am not helping the ratings.I would never write TPTB.There not worth my Time.I'am doing my part by not Buying Season 7 and 8 and not watching Season 9.I have no problem admitting the Ship is the only thing left in the Show I care about.I have to say even the Ship is not worth watching every Season 9 episode just to hear if Sam mentions Jack.
                    I'm glad not watching will make you feel better. (((ses))) I truly mean that! I'm not sure anything would make me feel bet-ter except Jack & Sam having HWMS . Just kidding! Some of the shine is definitely off my enjoyment of Stargate. I will watch the "new" team, but I'm not canceling any plans for Friday nights to watch. Video or reruns will work for me. Of course, if we have some juicy spoilers for an episode then I'm definitely perched in front of the TV daring anyone to touch the remote.

As far as writing, I have sent some postcards. I had fun finding some funny ones and tried to be lighthearted about how strongly I felt Jack and Sam should be together. Which reminds me...I think I have a "Don't Mess with Texas" one I still need to send.

Token ~

Comment

Caty I can save you the trouble of watching
                      Spoiler:
                      AT return episode.Sam comes back no mention of Jack and Sam will act like Jack never existed.Barrett follows Sam around and Barrett hits on Sam and asks for a Date.Sam turns him down in the nicest possible way and next week's episode has Sam with Man Friend number 2.Fast forward to Season 15 and 100 Man Friend latter Sam and Jack will finally agree to Date.

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                        The only reason I would want to see Kerry again would be for Jack to verify that he and Sam are together. All in all, she wasn't a bad person, she just picked the wrong guy (one that settled for her 'cause he didn't think he could be with Sam). Kerry, I thought, was very respectable in stepping out the way once she found out where Jack's heart truly was. So, yes, if it meant an admission, sure, I'd like to see her again. (Don't even ask me about Pete--cause that answer is a big and definite No).
                        Hey, maybe Kerry and Barrett will be dating! You know . . . a couple? <g> Sorry, I just think that would be a fun way to resolve it. I actually like both characters, and can't find any fault in them, truly. They're just not who I would like to see Sam or Jack with.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          Hey, maybe Kerry and Barrett will be dating! You know . . . a couple? <g> Sorry, I just think that would be a fun way to resolve it. I actually like both characters, and can't find any fault in them, truly. They're just not who I would like to see Sam or Jack with.
                          LOL, NID agent and CIA agent, what a perfect match.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Ok, so I haven't posted in this particular thread before and I simply cannot be arsed reading EVRY page, so I'll just begin here.

*stands* My name is MedusA and I'm a shipper ....

*cue shameless self promotion* I made this shippy music video ... have a look if ya like.

CLICK ME DAMNIT!!

Feedback is welcome =OD
                            I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              Fantastic idea Mel! I've not had my Jack clone out of his little cupboard for ages! I've so neglected him Time to party with the clones

For those poor shippers who don't yet have their very own Jack clone .....Get Your Jack Clone Here
                              OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH I am soooo excited!!! I never had my own jack clone before.............I just ordered one!! Can't wait to get him!! I'm going to have sooo much fun !! Thanks bunches!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MedusA
                                Ok, so I haven't posted in this particular thread before and I simply cannot be arsed reading EVRY page, so I'll just begin here.

*stands* My name is MedusA and I'm a shipper ....

*cue shameless self promotion* I made this shippy music video ... have a look if ya like.

CLICK ME DAMNIT!!

Feedback is welcome =OD
                                WELCOME !!!

cool video, it's cool to see scenes from threads again !!!Nice music and lyrics too..."some day"....I think the day has arrived !!!!!

hope you'll have fun on this thread, the family is great !!

(thanks Gatebee for the green...I hope I'll come back some day I enjoy being here and yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be back, maybe to work if i can't find anything in France...maybe one day i'll be one of those TPTB we are so upset with !! lol )

Comment

Working...
                                X