This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Kerry stepped down for herself. She was starting to have feelings for a man who couldn't return the feelings. No woman wants to be dating a man thats in love with someone else. She would always be wondering if he is thinking of Sam or would he rather be with Sam than me. I think it show that she did care for Jack by suggesting he do something.

So I don't have a problem with Kerry, but just like Pete, I really don't want to see the significant others again.
    well i believe her to be a one hit wonder-which i suspect pete was supposed to be. but this parade of old boyfriends or would be boyfriends annoys the heck out of me. But seriously-we really do not have the first clue as to what they are planning-we may suspect we do-but until the actual episode airs-remember the picture of Sam kissing Daniel?????-it never happened-so until it is hard copy on the screen...
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      well i believe her to be a one hit wonder-which i suspect pete was supposed to be. but this parade of old boyfriends or would be boyfriends annoys the heck out of me. But seriously-we really do not have the first clue as to what they are planning-we may suspect we do-but until the actual episode airs-remember the picture of Sam kissing Daniel?????-it never happened-so until it is hard copy on the screen...
      Well, if you think about it there are not a whole lot of women Sam has worked with in the past. I just hope they keep it professsional.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Well, if you think about it there are not a whole lot of women Sam has worked with in the past. I just hope they keep it professsional.
        the only professional woman Sam had worked with -with any consistency is Janet. They killed her off-for no good reason-in season 7 and left her to herself. No wonder the poor woman was confused-she didn't have anyone to confide in. Teal'c would have told her to body tackle him-Daniel would have talked her to death. Jack was just no approachable-wait-he was-but neither one of them spoke directly to each other-they spoke around each other. Think Reckoning-they actually had a conversation-and all of sudden they didn't.
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

the only professional woman Sam had worked with -with any consistency is Janet. They killed her off-for no good reason-in season 7 and left her to herself. No wonder the poor woman was confused-she didn't have anyone to confide in. Teal'c would have told her to body tackle him-Daniel would have talked her to death. Jack was just no approachable-wait-he was-but neither one of them spoke directly to each other-they spoke around each other. Think Reckoning-they actually had a conversation-and all of sudden they didn't.
          Good summary of it all.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Well, at least Sam did get to work with "Samantha", although only briefly, in Point of View.

But you are correct, there is a decided lack of professional women in the SGC. Dr. Frasier was the only female we saw of equal intelligence and "ranK" (sorry, Janet should have been at least a Major, not a Capt.), consistently, for almost 7 years......now who are we going to get? The daughter of the new commander of the SGC? I sometimes wonder if TPTB are eating too many Fruit Loops for breakfast.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I love Reckoning II except for the part at the end. They looked so comfortable with each other, then Jack realized he was getting too close and shut down. The way he did it was very hurtful. Its amazing after that Sam had the guts to go talk to him.
              Last edited by Rogue; 16 May 2005, 07:14 AM.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I love Reckoning II except for the part at the end. They looked so comfortable with each other, then Jack realized he was getting too close and shut down. The way he did it was very hurtful. Its amazing after that Sam had the guts to go talk to him.
                I'm lost or I don't have any memories of Reckoning.... where did this happen?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  I'm lost or I don't have any memories of Reckoning.... where did this happen?
                  At the very end. Season 8
                  Spoiler:
                  . They were having a great conversation walking to Jacks office. Once the conversation ended in his office he dissmissed her.
                  Last edited by Rogue; 16 May 2005, 07:41 AM.

Rogue

Comment

I still think she saw something or she has to be the most stupid woman on the face of the planet. either that or a glutton for punishment-I still haven't figured which

Comment

I still think she saw something or she has to be the most stupid woman on the face of the planet. either that or a glutton for punishment-I still haven't figured which
                      Or a victim of poor writing!

Rogue

Comment

Spoiler:
                        . They were having a great conversation walking to Jacks office. Once the conversation ended in his office he dissmissed her.
                        jack was to afraid that he was getting close to her again-feeling that distance being the better part of valor.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                          Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
                          I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
                          Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
                          And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.

I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
                          BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
                          Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.
                          That's my position and I'll stick to it until July. Wait and see...

thanks Florence !! it's exactly what I wanted to say in my previous post but I think I wasn't very clear !! i'll watch the season because i'm SG fan before being a shipper and as much as I enjoy Sam and Jack I'm not extreme with that and the abscence of phone calls or scenes between the two of them won't make me leave the show. I'm sure we'll have more than a "colonel carter", don't forget that we also have Daniel and T,
                          Spoiler:
                          they can also refer to them as an item and if they do so then i'll be happy with that. Just want a confirmation and see what the new team looks like. Then I'll wait until Sam comes back and whatever happens I'll probably watch it cause I like Amanda Tapping. I keep in mind that the show as we know it finished in season8 and so I'm not expecting too much.

I think you guys panick too much, stay cool and wait. We have no idea about what is gonna happen
                          Spoiler:
                          with Orlin and Barret maybe she will clearly say Jack's name maybe not, and if she doesn't I won't take it as a kick in our teeth. I mean it respects the character and her personnality, IMO, Sam is not the kind of people to talk a lot about her personnal life and it's not because she's with Jack that it shoud change. I'd love it to change but I won't be too upset if it doesn't.

hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just my opinion, and thanks Florence for making it clear cause obviously this attempt to do it (again) is not more successful than the previous one !! can't really express what I want but I think my point is clear, at least I hope

Comment

Spoiler:
                            THanks... read the transcript, Damn!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Or a victim of poor writing!
                              that 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Well that's it then ..we know that Sam and Jack relationship will be unspoken It's pretty clear now ..If they are no phone calls ..then the only thing we can hope for is Sam talking about Jack on screen and I bet she'll do it through her Barrett and orlin episodes only What a downer ..
                                Gosh I 'm not even looking forward to watch season 9 premiere anymore because I wonder how Jack is gonna mention Sam !!!..He'll probably say " Colonel Carter is on a mission somewhere " We may get a smile if we get lucky

Caty
                                Oh, pooh! That isn't it, either! Don't believe a word Joe says! He's just having a great time messing with our heads. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

We've been waiting almost two months, and have almost another eight weeks go go before S9 premiere, and they haven't dropped us a single spoiler on S/J. Oh, Joe's perfectly willing to give away most of the plot for The Fourth Horseman, but give away anything on S/J? That would be a big no-no. He has responded to two of my ship questions, and didn't answer either one of them. I think I'm going to stay away from his thread unless one of you sees something and lets me know I need to look.

I'm tired of TPTB toying with us. I'm still relatively new to fandom, but has there ever been a season when they've dropped this few hints? Just wondered. I can't believe they'd spend so much of the last two years building us up to where they did in S8, then take it all away. What would be the purpose? To ruin the entire series for a big percentage of the fan base? That would be so dumb! Oma-1, do you have some more of those calming shipper cookies? I seem to be in a rage again! Grrrr!

On a more pleasant note:

Congrats on those grades, Lonely Star!
                                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 16 May 2005, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X