This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonely_star
    looks like the phone call theory is not the good one either...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1048

sg-1fanintn really thanks for trying !! I'm so with you with all that!!!!

Well that's it then ..we know that Sam and Jack relationship will be unspoken It's pretty clear now ..If they are no phone calls ..then the only thing we can hope for is Sam talking about Jack on screen and I bet she'll do it through her Barrett and orlin episodes only What a downer ..
    Gosh I 'm not even looking forward to watch season 9 premiere anymore because I wonder how Jack is gonna mention Sam !!!..He'll probably say " Colonel Carter is on a mission somewhere " We may get a smile if we get lucky

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      Posted another shippy question to Joe, I hope I did not offend non-shippers and shippers that don't believe that S/J are together

Let's cross our fingers
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1037
      I think what Joe's answer will be is:

You can be with somebody you love and still have other men making a pass at you ..specially if they don't know ..Sam won't be the one to ask or she 'll stay untouched ..and sweet in the shippers heart ..As for Barreet and Orlin ..most shippers loved them so they will excuse them for asking because first they fancy the girl and second ..they are trying to see if they can get a second chance ...we all know that Sam is not interested and she will say that she is taken ...but I doubt she'll mention Jack ..I see more something like that

Barrett : What about dinner ?!

Sam : Well I'm seeing someone and I try to devote most of my free time to him

Barrett : Same one !!!

Sam : No actually

Barrett : OH

We know how TPTB like the subtle and we do not want to upset a large part of the audience by Mentionning Jack's name

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
        My only problem with posters saying that they will watch season 9 anyway--and I certainly don't mean to suggest that they don't have the right to do whatever they want to in this regard--is that if TPTB believe that shippers are in their pockets no matter what they do, there is no incentive to ever give us what we want. They might as well spend their time making happy the fans who threaten to bite them if they *don't* get, not just anything but also everthing, they want.

J.
        True ..may be shippers will watch the show ( season 9 ) in the hope of getting something like a crumb between Sam and Jack ..what I'm surprised to hear is that shippers will be just happy if they hear Sam telling Barrett that she is seeing SOMEONE ..only without mentionning Jack's name ..I won't be happy with that ..If I hear Sam saying " I'm seeing SOMEONE at the moment " and she does not mention Jack's name then I think that's it for me .

I also think that shippers may not get season 8 and season 9 DVD's if TPTB messes up with them ..or am I wrong ?!!! and shippers will still get season 7, 8 and 9 no matter what !!! Surely NOT

I know lots of them have bought season 7 ( Fine it's their right to do so but it may show that you are right Darkquee1 )

.....and Pete was destroying the Sam and Jack relationship in season 7 ...he is in season 8 quite a lot ..and to me he kind of destroys the episodes I like ..so what I did is I recorded season 8 on DVD's but have no intention of getting season 8 official DVD's ..I don't even have season 7 DVD'S and I know for sure it's a no no for season 9 without any hesitation Shame but it's TPTB 's fault , not mine

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I posted this awhile back and dug it up because it went with what we're currently discussing...

I think that there's a good chance that
          Spoiler:
          Barrett's
          appearance could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be very subtle...

I see something like this:

Spoiler:
          Barrett
          and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
          Barrett
          : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
          Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
          Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry,
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          , but I'm involved with someone.
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy?
          Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
          Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
          Sam and
          Spoiler:
          Barrett
          exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

This is exactly what I think will happen ...I did a scenario much similar to yours before I read yours ...except mine does not include the ring talk ..I think TPTB will be even more subtle than that for a change and I' m not looking forward to hear the " involved with SOMEONE " only ..I think if she mentions SOMEONE only is a kick in the teeth to all the shippers ...just because Jack is not just SOMEONE like Pete was ..and also if TPTB do not want to mention the name of Jack on screen coming out from Sam's mouth ..then obviously this means that the rest of the show will be done in a similar way regarding the Sam and Jack ship

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
            wow ! Joe asnwered a question of mine!! cool !! unfortunately my little stratagem didn't function !!! lol
            see question 2 to understand !! : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1045

so in a word, not a lot of chance that they filmed stuff after threads of Moebius to use it at the beginning of season9...

hope he'll answer the new ones now because I wrote this one a long time ago, I thought he'd never answered !!! there's still hope

About Shooting a scene from season 8 let's say which they kept only to use it for season 9 ....(no clip shows but something which was not in the previous season ) I have heard that was illegal ..and I got that answer from the x-files TPTB one day ..so I suppose it's the same for all shows and it applies to SG1 too .

Caty

Comment

Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
              I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
              Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
              And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.

I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
              BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
              Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.
              That's my position and I'll stick to it until July. Wait and see...
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I've got a scenario rolling around in my head that would be a good way for Jack/Sam to admit their relationship...

We all know that Jack
                Spoiler:
                is going to be in Washington.
                What if he ran into Kerry??? She could mention something about him
                Spoiler:
                resigning from the AF and going into the civilian sector.
                He could reply that "yes, he had." Kerry could then ask..."and what about Colonel Carter?" Jack could smile sweetly and say, "you know...you really do give good advice." Kerry could then ask..."so, are you two finally together"? He could then simply reply "Yes."

Whatcha think?
                -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                  I've got a scenario rolling around in my head that would be a good way for Jack/Sam to admit their relationship...

We all know that Jack
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  He could reply that "yes, he had." Kerry could then ask..."and what about Colonel Carter?" Jack could smile sweetly and say, "you know...you really do give good advice." Kerry could then ask..."so, are you two finally together"? He could then simply reply "Yes."

Whatcha think?
                  as nice as that would be-for the Boys in Vancouver that would be too much information and far to definite-the Masters of the Vague would nevere do that.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                    Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
                    I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
                    Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
                    And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.

I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
                    BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
                    Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.
                    That's my position and I'll stick to it until July. Wait and see...
                    I don't watch Stargate for Sam/Jack ship. I watch it for the sci-fi, team interaction, humor, good stories and action. IMO, most of that was missing in season 8. Even though in past seasons the Sam and Jack ship was lacking, I still enjoyed the working relationship between them. Season 8 had too much tension between Sam and Jack. I didn't enjoy it at all. To me, season 8 was full of missed opportunities. It could have been a great season. As far as buying Season 8 DVD, I probably will eventually just to complete my collection. The only eps that will be on my replay list is Gemini, Reckoning II and Good to Be King. I might replay Threads again, but only the Sam/Jacob and Sam/Jack scenes. The rest I could have done without. Moebius I and II are so forgettable, my husband forgot he even watch them.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

We all know that Jack
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:

Whatcha think?
                      Do we really want to see her again?
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Part of the reason I will no purchase season 8 is becuz it seriously
                        Spoiler:
                        sucked
                        . As bad as season 7 was-there were some redeeming episodes-but I can't say the same for season 8. I think the only re-run of 8 i have seen so far is It's Good to Be King. And only for Maybourne.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Do we really want to see her again?
                          only if she there to kick Jack's behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            only if she there to kick Jack's behind.
                            Well if Jack needs another butt kicking, then its time for Sam to move on.

Rogue

Comment

The only reason I would want to see Kerry again would be for Jack to verify that he and Sam are together. All in all, she wasn't a bad person, she just picked the wrong guy (one that settled for her 'cause he didn't think he could be with Sam). Kerry, I thought, was very respectable in stepping out the way once she found out where Jack's heart truly was. So, yes, if it meant an admission, sure, I'd like to see her again. (Don't even ask me about Pete--cause that answer is a big and definite No).
                              -girlgater

Comment

The only reason I would want to see Kerry again would be for Jack to verify that he and Sam are together. All in all, she wasn't a bad person, she just picked the wrong guy (one that settled for her 'cause he didn't think he could be with Sam). Kerry, I thought, was very respectable in stepping out the way once she found out where Jack's heart truly was. So, yes, if it meant an admission, sure, I'd like to see her again. (Don't even ask me about Pete--cause that answer is a big and definite No).
                                Kerry stepped down for herself. She was starting to have feelings for a man who couldn't return the feelings. No woman wants to be dating a man thats in love with someone else. She would always be wondering if he is thinking of Sam or would he rather be with Sam than me. I think it show that she did care for Jack by suggesting he do something.

So I don't have a problem with Kerry, but just like Pete, I really don't want to see the significant others again.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X