This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Totally agree! That's why the whole storyline is so painful for us shippers. I remember my husband (before we got married ) dating my best friend. It was a terrible situation for me. We'd both met him at the same time and she jumped in there first (she was always a fast mover ), but I'd already fallen for him hook line and sinker and had to pretend to be happy for them. I jumped for joy when they split and made damn sure no one else got a chance.

Gosh, haven't thought about that for YEARS! How sad to be drawing parallels between my love life of 14 years ago and Jack & Sam But I suppose its the empathy we feel for the characters that makes us love them so much. *shrugs*
    But it sure is a good story, Oma-1! So, is she still your best friend?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      But it sure is a good story, Oma-1! So, is she still your best friend?
      We stayed close for a couple of years, but then she got married too and we sorta drifted. Its one of those friendships where you're always happy to hear from each other though - if you get what I mean
      sigpic

Comment

Posted another shippy question to Joe, I hope I did not offend non-shippers and shippers that don't believe that S/J are together

Let's cross our fingers
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1037

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Lonely Star - thanks for the BTS caps. This one's for you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            Posted another shippy question to Joe, I hope I did not offend non-shippers and shippers that don't believe that S/J are together

Let's cross our fingers
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1037
            I don't know if Joe will clarify - it seems like another of those cryptic answers that can be taken anyway you please .... he's really good at those

I like to think he means that
            Spoiler:
            Barrett will make a pass at Sam again - and she'll tell him she seeing someone - maybe even the exact lines as in the last ep as tptb seem to like that continuity.
            Course this time all shippers will grin instead of grimace.
            sigpic

Comment

My only problem with posters saying that they will watch season 9 anyway--and I certainly don't mean to suggest that they don't have the right to do whatever they want to in this regard--is that if TPTB believe that shippers are in their pockets no matter what they do, there is no incentive to ever give us what we want. They might as well spend their time making happy the fans who threaten to bite them if they *don't* get, not just anything but also everthing, they want.

J.
              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I don't know if Joe will clarify - it seems like another of those cryptic answers that can be taken anyway you please .... he's really good at those

I like to think he means that
                Spoiler:
                Barrett will make a pass at Sam again - and she'll tell him she seeing someone - maybe even the exact lines as in the last ep as tptb seem to like that continuity.
                Course this time all shippers will grin instead of grimace.
                I posted this awhile back and dug it up because it went with what we're currently discussing...

I think that there's a good chance that
                Spoiler:
                Barrett's
                appearance could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be very subtle...

I see something like this:

Spoiler:
                Barrett
                and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
                Barrett
                : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
                Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
                Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry,
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                , but I'm involved with someone.
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy?
                Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
                Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
                Sam and
                Spoiler:
                Barrett
                exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd forgotten that little gem That's about how I see it playing out. But I;m sure tptb will have something else up their sleeve - they NEVER do the expected .... keeps us on our toes
                  sigpic

Comment

Lonely Star - thanks for the BTS caps. This one's for you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bts.jpg
                    Oh!! wow thanks Oma !!! (((((((Oma))))))) that's so sweet !!
                    I wanted to rep you but I have to spread some love before !!
                    it's a pleasure to share my pics with you guys (Bev your welcome ), and if Oma (or you all shipper family members) you look for some caps next time just let me know, I'll be glad to give you a hand

nice story about your husband! and congratulations for the 14years! impressive

((((lol4jack))))) nice question and I like the "join us on the sam and jack thread, we'd like to have a little chat with you " I think it'll scare him more than make him come though

ÜberSG-1Fan as I already said when you posted it, I totally like the way you see things, and I totally agree with Oma I'm sure they'll come with something kinda like this and unexpected...let's just hope it's gonna be in a good way

sorry if I forgot to use some spoilers tag when I talked about season9, won't do it again . As for season 9, as I already said i'll watch it, and not only because I'm a shipper but because I love the show, the characters and the stories, or at least I used to and I still like it a lot. I know that it can't show my disapointment in the show on a shipper way but to admit it, i'm not yet disapointed. I mean we had a good end of season8 in a shippy way (cause I'm sure the season finale could have been better) and I'm looking forward to see how they explain the situation at the beginning of season9.So sorry DarkQuee1 but I can't not watch the show just because the shippy things could be better. I'm sure they know we want more, then we'll see what they'll come with. But I still understand what you say. (at least I hope)

long post for me...not very into the talking thing, hard to explain exactly what I think when my english so sucks!! there are some days without!!
                    anyway thanks again Oma !!!!!

oh and by the way ! totally agree!! RDA is so hot and get sexier years after years...I don't know any of my friends who cannot admit is handsome! and on this word, I'm gonna take a look at the Jack/RDA thunk thread see ya soon

Comment

Joe is online now !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                        My only problem with posters saying that they will watch season 9 anyway--and I certainly don't mean to suggest that they don't have the right to do whatever they want to in this regard--is that if TPTB believe that shippers are in their pockets no matter what they do, there is no incentive to ever give us what we want. They might as well spend their time making happy the fans who threaten to bite them if they *don't* get, not just anything but also everthing, they want.

J.
                        You make a very good point, and regardless of what each of us personally plans to do, I think we should let TPTB know in our posts that this part of the fan base (mainly comprised of people with jobs and buying power) is in jeopardy if they violate the integrity of the S/J ship.

Does anyone not understand what I mean by "violate the integrity of the S/J ship?" Of course you understand. It means TPTB acknowledge that a Sam/Jack relationship exists (even if it's long distance), and it means that Sam isn't dating all the guest stars or anyone else during S9.

Joe made like he didn't know what the "integrity of the S/J ship" meant when he responded to (not answered) my question on his thread. If you haven't seen it, here it is.

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Joe, I have a question......

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.]

Joe's response:
                        I'm not sure how to answer this question. After all, RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season. However, we're not planning to kill him off if that makes you feel any better.
                        Well, I think we all knew that RDA wasn't going to be on the show for most of S9, and that they weren't killing the character of Jack O'Neill off. Couldn't Joe have thrown us some little bone here? I really thought the answer bordered on smart alecky, and I would have preferred he just not answer at all, rather than to give the answer he did.

And yes, if they violate the ship, the very one they have spent much of the last two years building, I won't be watching! It just won't feel right to me anymore.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as everyone else, but couldn't they throw us some small bone at this point? We've been suffering since the end of March, and there are still about eight weeks to go til the S9 premiere. Grrrrr!
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 15 May 2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1044

nice one !! hope he'll answer!! you're right we have to insist
                          fingers crossed!!!

(sorry can't rep you... )

Comment

oh applause Rogue-applause
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I need your help. I can't seem to post any pics.....if I try, could you tell me if you see it. Sometimes I see them, but others say they don't. I'm VERY confused.

Here goes:

Please, let me know and if you can't see it, could someone please clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks!!
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Lida - I see it! Nice pic Now we just need one of those for S9 ......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X