This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM
    Sorry, I couldn't help but notice your signature - have Harm & Mac finally got together on JAG?
    yes
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Cool! Which episode? *Edited to say* I've found it, it was the last episode. Let's just hope that Sam and Jack don't decide which one's going to retire on the flip of a coin! (I'm still optimistic about that!)
      Last edited by AmberLM; 15 May 2005, 03:11 AM.
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
        and some more comfort...

infirmary1
        infirmary2
        infirmary3

hope you enjoy so far I decided not to put the one we all know !! a little variety doesn't kill
        I can't give you green, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting these lovely pics. Happy days. *sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
          Cool! Which episode? *Edited to say* I've found it, it was the last episode. Let's just hope that Sam and Jack don't decide which one's going to retire on the flip of a coin! (I'm still optimistic about that!)
          Jack strikes me as a Rock, Paper, Scissors guy, actually.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            spoiler S9 & speculation
            i've got a feelling... go with me here. let's add up all the clues we've been given.
            Spoiler:

* sam will be away for personal and professional reasons. the personal taken away to just professional.

* rda 'might' be in later eps, but it's looking like it's not going to happen.

* some of sam's prior admirers are coming back - but that still doesn't mean sam's going to *respond* to them shippy.

* it's been said somewhere recently that rda wants to take a year off (season 9 off), instead of just quitting all together.

now, we take in what joe said today with his answer here:

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
            Joe, I have a question......

Spoiler:
            Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.

(joe)
            I'm not sure how to answer this question. After all, RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season. However, we're not planning to kill him off if that makes you feel any better.

k, let's take apart joe's answer. joe could have said that rda's no longer on the show, period, but he didn't put it like that. he said, "RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season." why did joe say it like that? perhaps...

what if the writers are looking at two more seasons of stargate - which joe said they ideally hoped for - and that they want to continue the ship (build up sam and jack's relay) over those two seasons?

the ONLY thing that can make this bearable is if they DON'T ship sam off with another guy again. without shipping her off with another pete, i can live with this waiting. i have no choice, other than quitting (i'm not ready for that, even with missing rda like my limb).

so, where are we? i think they're going to build sam and jack's relay over these two seasons (9th and 10th). i want to SEE them together NOW, but it doesn't look like that's an option with rda's situation. but as long as they don't ship sam with another, i can wait. again. can all of us?

sally
            (((((Sally)))) I think your take on this gives us lots of hope. I think you're right with the build up idea. I don't like overly much - but I can wait again too. After all, I've waited this long, a couple more seasons won't kill me - although it will try my loyalty to the limit But I couldn't stop watching now. I've devoted too much energy into shipping for Sam & Jack to miss anything now!

I think Joe answered in his customary, very vague way. His "I don't know how to answer this" I think was very tongue in cheek cos basically he wants to keep us guessing, and give us lots to discuss on the thread I think he understood the question perfectly well and just didn't want to give a straight answer cos it would give too much away.

Lets face it, Joe always answers cryptically, and half the fun of the qu's thread is to word a question so that he can only answer yes or no - but of course, he doesn't answer those questions! He likes to be cryptic and vague!

Kay, gonna have to use spoilers now.
            Spoiler:
            We know Sam is going to be away for professional reasons - but that doesn't exclude the fact that her and Jack are in a relationship - no matter how tentative.

Most of the shippy bits over the years have come courtesy of the way AT and RDA interact and play off each other. Lots of shippy stuff is written in the scripts, but gets taken out - sometimes even before the actors see the final drafts, and is replaced by their looks and lunch/fishing invites.
            Spoiler:
            With no RDA in S9 for AT to play off, that will eliminate that kind of interaction. But I don't think is necessarily eliminates all ship. I think we'll get very random snippets of S&J UST in S9, played out with Barratt getting the brush off again and maybe even Orlin will say something about Sam & Jack. But I only expect it to be very small, passing comments, and probably only a couple of those.

As for "RDA not returning as a regular in S9" and not killing him off, the door is still open either for a return in S10 (although I don't think that's likely) or for further guest slots in S10 (which I think is more probable).

I honestly believe that tptb will not end SG-1 altogether without a real resolution for Sam & Jack. Watching commentaries for S7 again last night confirms just how important a theme S&J ship is to AT, PDL and other ptb. I don't think we've seen the last of this loveboat yet by a long shot.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              Wow! Females make up almost 1/3 of the fan base! I'm in the 26-55 bracket and proud of it. In several years, I'll be sharing your new bracket, Gatebee.

Which leads to me to something I've been pondering about lately. RDA is among the few mature leading men on TV for us mature fans. I am really missing him! And, I'm not falling for General Landry!!
              And some of us not-so-mature fans too! I'm 32 and find RDA one of the sexiest men on TV. I've got a thing for sexy older men with gray hair One my fave eps is Tin Man - purely cos there's a great shot of Jack's a$$ in tight black leather trousers .... yum He's in great shape for his age and his eyes are just gorgeous. I think he's got even sexier over the years.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                And some of us not-so-mature fans too! I'm 32 and find RDA one of the sexiest men on TV. I've got a thing for sexy older men with gray hair One my fave eps is Tin Man - purely cos there's a great shot of Jack's a$$ in tight black leather trousers .... yum He's in great shape for his age and his eyes are just gorgeous. I think he's got even sexier over the years.
                I think RDA is one of those guys that appeals to females of all ages. I'm 18 and agree that he's one of the sexiest guys on TV! Ok, so he's about 37 (god, 37!) years older than me, but still... And I much prefer the gray hair to the brown of seasons 1 & 2, it just suits him better IMO....

I honestly believe that tptb will not end SG-1 altogether without a real resolution for Sam & Jack. Watching commentaries for S7 again last night confirms just how important a theme S&J ship is to AT, PDL and other ptb. I don't think we've seen the last of this loveboat yet by a long shot.
                I loved this positive ending to your post, Oma. It's comments like that that rekindle my optimism for the ship, so thank you! And, I can't see how they could leave it with no resolution. To have invested all that time in it over the 8 years, and then not do anything at the end? I don't think so! (well, I don't hope so!)
                Uncontrolled Destiny
                My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the happy birthday wishes and gifts of green. I've already skipped ahead on the DVD's and watched Upgrades, Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the Surface and Entity--love, love the shippy scenes.

Thanks also to everyone who posted the fantastic pictures.

Oma--you're absolutely right that mature men with gray hair are quite sexy--especially when they're in as good a shape as RDA.

My extended sympathies for LOL4JACK on not having seen BtS. I love that episode. Wonder what Jack meant when talking with Sam/Daniel and he says "I remember other things..."

As for what Joe M. said, I can't let myself worry about it. We all know that
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack and Sam came together in Threads
                  ALWAYS... There's no way anyone could deny it.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Girlgater - sorry I missed your birthday! I hope you had cake??

Pressies don't get much better than S4 boxset do they? (I got it for christmas ) It's my most watched season - and probably most other shippers too I love the shippy eps you mentioned, but I really the other eps - I don't think there's one that I didn't like.

I loved Tangent too. Jack's oxygen deprivation bit a the end was fantastic - "Carter! " I got the impression that the lack of oxygen didn't make him confused - just lowered all those barriers so his true feelings came out. I bet he really wants to greet her like that all the time
                    Last edited by Oma-1; 15 May 2005, 01:28 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

By the way, in watching Entity, I saw where Jack's real name is John??? I know sometimes men go by Jack rather than John, but I had totally missed out on the fact that his name was John. My hubby came in while Sam was in the infirmary with Jack in attendance...hubby says..."he won't leave her side, will he?" Gotta love the man. He's such a shipper (closet shipper, of course)
                      -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                        By the way, in watching Entity, I saw where Jack's real name is John??? I know sometimes men go by Jack rather than John, but I had totally missed out on the fact that his name was John. My hubby came in while Sam was in the infirmary with Jack in attendance...hubby says..."he won't leave her side, will he?" Gotta love the man. He's such a shipper (closet shipper, of course)
                        They got that a tad bit wrong. Jack's name in Jonathon J. O'Neill. They list it in a behind the scenes in the Season 7 box set and I'm pretty sure it's on his ID that they show in "Fragile Balance."
                        sigpic

Comment

I adore that ep. My fave of S4 So angsty. I want to cry every time I see the look on Jack's face as he has to shoot Sam the second time. Then the infirmary scene where Jack asks for longer before Janet shuts down the life support ......
                          sigpic

Comment

Girlgater - sorry I missed your birthday! I hope you had cake??

Pressies don't get much better than S4 boxset do they? (I got it for christmas ) It's my most watched season - and probably most other shippers too I love the shippy eps you mentioned, but I really the other eps - I don't think there's one that I didn't like.

Jack's oxygen deprivation bit a the end was fantastic - "Carter! " I got the impression that the lack of oxygen didn't make him confused - just lowered all those barriers so his true feelings came out. I bet he really wants to greet her like that all the time
                            Season 4 is an excellent season. All the angst, the looks, the smiles, the admissions of feelings, everything. Of course, the episodes that aren't particulary shippy are really good too. All in all, I think it was one of the best from character development and storylines.

Yep, I think Jack's inhibitions must have been lowered by the oxygen deprivation too. I can't imagine the strain that they (Sam/Jack) have faced now for years to have feelings (intense feelings) and never to be able to act up on them. It's bound to be maddening.
                            Last edited by girlgater; 15 May 2005, 01:29 PM. Reason: typing too fast
                            -girlgater

Comment

I can't imagine the strain that they (Sam/Jack) have faced now for years to have feelings (intense feelings) and never to be able to act up on them. It's bound to be maddening.
                              Totally agree! That's why the whole storyline is so painful for us shippers. I remember my husband (before we got married ) dating my best friend. It was a terrible situation for me. We'd both met him at the same time and she jumped in there first (she was always a fast mover ), but I'd already fallen for him hook line and sinker and had to pretend to be happy for them. I jumped for joy when they split and made damn sure no one else got a chance.

Gosh, haven't thought about that for YEARS! How sad to be drawing parallels between my love life of 14 years ago and Jack & Sam But I suppose its the empathy we feel for the characters that makes us love them so much. *shrugs*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                                And if that's what they end up doing in season 9, I'm also over SG1 and Atlantis. I'll only let PTB screw with me for so long. Either honor your own threads and stop jerking us around, or you can have the fans that you apparently so desperately want--the Daniel fans and the Farscape fans--and lose the ones you apparently don't want around anymore. Because an answer that says that getting S/J together, now that Jack is off the show and any resolved relationship would be offscreen and nothing more than background, would prevent SG-1 from going on further adventures is nothing less than total nonsense.

J.
                                I am also over SG1 and as for Atlantis ..well I taped them all but only watched half until the defiant one when I realised that they were going for 2 obvious ship like Teyla/Sheppard and Weir/Sheppard just to screw the fans a little bit more .

So I'm glad that I'm over SG1 and the Sam and Jack ship at the moment .It's very good for my sanity and I can concentrate on other things .
                                I may be making a few more S/J videos or collages when I feel the need but I really fancy making videos for other great shows and a video I would like to do is a video about Syd from "Alias" with all her different outfits . This I think will be my next video project ...and I'm busy catching up on JAG too when I have some free time

Still Sam and Jack forever together in season 9 premiere ..will be watching the 2 first episodes to see if there are any mentions of the S/J ship then afterwards ..it will depend if I was happy with what I heard or not

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X