This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic fr Florence

Shippers...can any one please tell me what ep this camp fire scene came from. I can't remember. Florence posted it at SI.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      wow I just had a look at the demographics results. Right now I am part of the 19.03% female. In a couple of months, I will fall to the mere 1.16 %. What struck me is that officially there are suppose to be 7,714 member in GW. But if you look at the number who voted there were over 8,000 votes counted. I wonder how many of them are shippers? Maybe GW adm. should make a pole on shippers. Like for instance, who wants the ship. Who doesn't want the ship. And onces that don't really care either way as long as the story is good.
      Wow! Females make up almost 1/3 of the fan base! I'm in the 26-55 bracket and proud of it. In several years, I'll be sharing your new bracket, Gatebee.

Which leads to me to something I've been pondering about lately. RDA is among the few mature leading men on TV for us mature fans. I am really missing him! And, I'm not falling for General Landry!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        Wow! Females make up almost 1/3 of the fan base! I'm in the 26-55 bracket and proud of it. In several years, I'll be sharing your new bracket, Gatebee.

Which leads to me to something I've been pondering about lately. RDA is among the few mature leading men on TV for us mature fans. I am really missing him! And, I'm not falling for General Landry!!
        Hey he may be 33 years my senior but I enjoy the change from all those twirps. I mean, nothing against young guys specifically...I've just never seen one as cool.

Comment

pic fr Florence

Shippers...can any one please tell me what ep this camp fire scene came from. I can't remember. Florence posted it at SI.
          My first guess is that it's from Warrior...but that's just a guess...

If I'm remembering it correctly, Imhotep (still pretending to be Jaffa of course) said there was no dishonor in needing to rest as opposed to Jaffa who could just kel'no'reem.

So Sam, Jack and perpetual kill-joy Daniel all retire to their tent...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
            Hey he may be 33 years my senior but I enjoy the change from all those twirps. I mean, nothing against young guys specifically...I've just never seen one as cool.
            Yes, RDA is a man for all women! His vitality and humor as O'Neill, among other attributes, are part of what attracted Sam and allowed their age gap to lessen. Yada, yada.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i've got a feelling... go with me here. let's add up all the clues we've been given.

* sam will be away for personal and professional reasons. the personal taken away to just professional.

* rda 'might' be in later eps, but it's looking like it's not going to happen.

* some of sam's prior admirers are coming back - but that still doesn't mean sam's going to *respond* to them shippy.

* it's been said somewhere recently that rda wants to take a year off (season 9 off), instead of just quitting all together.

now, we take in what joe said today with his answer here:

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
              Joe, I have a question......

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.

(joe)
              I'm not sure how to answer this question. After all, RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season. However, we're not planning to kill him off if that makes you feel any better.

k, let's take apart joe's answer. joe could have said that rda's no longer on the show, period, but he didn't put it like that. he said, "RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season." why did joe say it like that? perhaps...

what if the writers are looking at two more seasons of stargate - which joe said they ideally hoped for - and that they want to continue the ship (build up sam and jack's relay) over those two seasons?

the ONLY thing that can make this bearable is if they DON'T ship sam off with another guy again. without shipping her off with another pete, i can live with this waiting. i have no choice, other than quitting (i'm not ready for that, even with missing rda like my limb).

so, where are we? i think they're going to build sam and jack's relay over these two seasons (9th and 10th). i want to SEE them together NOW, but it doesn't look like that's an option with rda's situation. but as long as they don't ship sam with another, i can wait. again. can all of us?

sally

nice analysis ! I totally agree with you I thought the same when I read his answer. the way he turns the sentence makes me hope for RDA's return in season10 if season10 there is. Anyway as for your question, yes I'm ready to wait longer but they'll have to give us some stuffs, some little comments or indices to let us know hope and wait. We want more than allusions, we are still waiting for the BIG HONKIN' KISS !!!

until then we have fan fics to read! just read a few lately...looking for one I've read a while ago, it was about e-mail. The team and the whole SGC was sending email to each other, that was pretty funny and turned out shippy, wanted to see if it had been updated, does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and if you could give me a link, could be nice

ok got to sleep now, I'll see you all guys tomorrow
              and YAY for J&S and thanks ((((sg-1fanintn)))) for asking the shippy question, even if he didn't really answer it's a good beginning

Comment

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/emailpart.html

Try this at Heliopolis. This is part 1 of 2. I hope this is what you were looking for. It's funny and shippy. 'night.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/emailpart.html

Try this at Heliopolis. This is part 1 of 2. I hope this is what you were looking for. It's funny and shippy. 'night.
                  cool this is exactly that !!! I'll read that tomorrow to begin the day on a happy shippy thought!! thanks good night folks and see ya all tomorrow!

let's ship until july !!

Comment

Guess what ep Sam and Jack said this to each other.

CARTER: "According to my readings, the hazmats could withstand about 12 hours of exposure before there was any serious degradation."

O'NEILL: "Shouldn't be a problem, Sir. We can make it to the dome and back inside an hour."
                    Didn't see anyone answer, but it's Revisions, right?

Oh, and I don't want to be the horrible nagging one, but there are quite a few things being said about season 9 without spoiler tags or warnings in place, and some people might not want to be spoiled (to live in hope! ). Thanks
                    Uncontrolled Destiny
                    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Oh, and I don't want to be the horrible nagging one, but there are quite a few things being said about season 9 without spoiler tags or warnings in place, and some people might not want to be spoiled (to live in hope! ). Thanks
                      You are absolutely correct. I was one of those who slipped. Thanks for the reminder!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene

RDA as Jack O'Neill is just the ultimate alpha male! That's all there is to it!

Comment

pic fr myrth

Well there is nothing vague about this: Sam and Jack forever and always

Amen, Gatebee!

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                            Hey everybody! Guess what I got for my birthday??? Season 4 on DVD!!! Talk about a overdose of shippiness. I plan on sitting back and enjoying the shippy day. Have a good weekend everyone.
                            Happy Birthday, Girlgater!

Here's my wish for you: that when S9 (or the series) is all over and done, you'll be just as happy receiving S9 (and any possible additional seasons)!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              RDA as Jack O'Neill is just the ultimate alpha male! That's all there is to it!
                              Oooh I don't know actually. I used to think that but during the last few months without stargate to obsess over I've started watching Law and Order Criminal Intent; I think Vincent D'Onofrio as Bobby Goren could give RDA a run for his money in the charisma and looks departments, he's gorgeous!

ps I know it's very OT but are any of you guys goren/eames shippers by any chance? I'm beginning to think that there are only about 3 of us!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't help but notice your signature - have Harm & Mac finally got together on JAG?
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X