This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    I watched the ending episode of JAG and that was the only time I watched the show. It was great to see those two get together. I wonder if anyone could tell me what kept them apart for ten years (which I wouldn't have been able to stand watching-- ten years!!!) Was it regs or something else? Ambition? Lovers spats? ??? I also realize they were in different branches of the service. I wonder if something couldn't have been worked out for a different ending rather than leaving the service, especially since the USA has need of experienced service persons right now, though I am basing that on the recalling of reservists and am not any expert on the situation whatsoever. Anyway, to repeat, can anyone tell why they stayed apart (except for TPTB fearing the show would fall apart)

According to what others have said ..it was always the wrong time for them to be together ..but what I saw so far ( around 10 episodes and I think I'm quite late in the show ..perhaps season 8 or 9 ..not quite sure yet )..and by the way the stories are really excellent ..They travel a lot to Afghanistan and places like that , the ship is great ..the looks , the smiles ..and there are even some sexy scenes according to what I saw so far ...and even if they were not together for the 10 years , well there are enough looks and shippy scenes to get you going ...I saw them giving each other some body heat , cuddling, holding hands, sharing the same food , and even flirting behind a door when Mac was only in her lingerie and Harm was telling her he could help her to get dressed and all that in a 3 part episode ...3 dramatic episodes when I actually cried because of their lieutenant friend Bud and his lovely wife

So for me it doesn't matter if they didn't get together before the finale episode because the heat was on in almost all episode as far as I have seen ..and I'm watching one more tonight which is supposed to be about inner feelings Should be interesting and Sky one is airing 3 episodes tomorrow afternoon that I'll be taping for the evening viewing ..Now that I know they end up together , I can just enjoy the show , the ship and the storyline

And Sam and Jack forever together too

Caty
    Last edited by Catysg1; 13 May 2005, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      (((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))

I'm back from my hols Had a great time with my RL family, but missed my ship family. No stargate for a whole 5 days! I even left my jack hat at home by accident :sob: But me and my hat are reunited and I feel much better now

Edit:ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! I go away as a new System Lord to do battle against my enemies, amass a huge jaffa army, and come back to find ...... I'm not a system lord anymore!

*grovel, grovel, grovel* Bev, can I have my old job back please???????*grovel, grovel, grovel*
      Yeah, your not the only one that got demoted. I am no longer a System Lord.
      Welcome back Oma. Hope you don't mind me keeping Ba'al company while you were gone.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        Yeah, your not the only one that got demoted. I am no longer a System Lord.
        Welcome back Oma. Hope you don't mind me keeping Ba'al company while you were gone.
        *blink* You're not!

runs off to check.... Neither is Bev or Caty ......runs off to check some more.... but sueKay and Tame still are.

*thinks really hard*........*evil giggle* ......... We could be Shol'va and form our own rebel jaffa armies

Edit: Rogue! Hands off Ba'al! Of course I mind! He's not a toy to be passed around! (unfortunately )
        sigpic

Comment

OK, I'm over the shock now ..... back to what I was going to say

Mel - loved the sequels! Keep mentioning your fic cos it gives me the excuse to go back and read it again. I'd forgotten how funny Wake Up Call was

((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))) - I can't believe your bad luck to be missing BTS! And no Stargate for a month - Hopefully Lonely Stars caps made up for it a little.

Lonely Star - those caps were fantastic! I've trawled the net hunting for caps like those and found them nowhere! Most of the cap sites are not run by shippers unfortunately so moments like that are missed out. I might just have to tweak my BTS collage a little

Well, this was going to be a fly by visit cos I'm tired - and I've been here for two hours Time to call it a night.

(((((((((((((((Shipper Family Bedtime Hugs - cos I missed you lots)))))))))))))))))))
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            *blink* You're not!

runs off to check.... Neither is Bev or Caty ......runs off to check some more.... but sueKay and Tame still are.

*thinks really hard*........*evil giggle* ......... We could be Shol'va and form our own rebel jaffa armies

Edit: Rogue! Hands off Ba'al! Of course I mind! He's not a toy to be passed around! (unfortunately )
            Well I had to do something to occupy my time since GW can't seem to stay up.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              'pears to me that the boys in vancouver are relying on the S/J situation to help carry their show. And that is sad if they feel that resolving it and coming from a different direction would hurt the show. If SG-1 is more about the team and less about interpersonal relationships between team members then the sam and jack interaction would be -forgive the pun-beneath the surface-but the story should carry itself. If they can write and tell a good story-it shouldn't matter if Sam and Jack are a back story or not-just part of the many layers of the story. Unfortunately-good story telling has been sadly lacking-and whatever good ideas they may have is lost in the translation.
              I like the way you put that, pittsburghgirl! Part of many layers of the story. UST shouldn't be forced to carry the series. I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/js50.jpg

RDA: Whatcha reading?
                AT: A compilation of Sam and Jack Fanfic.
                RDA: Is is good?
                AT: Oh yeah! It is way better what our writers give us.
                RDA: Are we a couple?
                AT: Yeah! Most of them have found away around the regs.
                RDA: Writers your fired! From now on all of our material comes from Fanfic!
                I couldn't agree more....

Comment

Wow, I can't remember the last time I came here and the S/J ship thread had dropped to page 2!! Where is everybody??

And back on topic, I've been watching my DVD's from the beginning, and I'm up to Season 6 (LOVE Jonas!). In that light, what do you think Jonas' impressions would have been regarding Sam and Jack up until he joined SG1? he was on the base for three months, but not on their team. Do you think he saw it? Talked to anybody about it?

I'd love to see a fic that dealt with this time period, especially with SG1 trying to find its fourth member, Jonas setting up his "lab", and how it all affected Sam and Jack (who, in my fantasies, were together, just hiding it, at this point). <g>
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

It's been quiet this week. Uber's been computerless, I've been out of town at a conference, several folks had finals.....and we've had no spoilers or even vague hints about the S/J ship to discuss!

But you're right......come on, shippers! Let's get back up on page 1!

Comment

since S9 seems to be slow in Sam and Jack spoilers , let us make our own.

pic fr stargate1971
                      add a caption

Sam: Jack I sorry. I forgot to pack our swim suit and suntan lotion.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee

pic fr stargate1971
                        add a caption
                        Sam: I get the left side of the bed!

Jack: I have to sleep on the left side of the bed!

Sam: Why don't we both sleep in the middle of the bed?

Jack: Sweet!

Hey......I just became a Super-Soldier!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Sam: I get the left side of the bed!

Jack: I have to sleep on the left side of the bed!

Sam: Why don't we both sleep in the middle of the bed?

Jack: Sweet!

Hey......I just became a Super-Soldier!
                          rlol....love that so and very much an issue for married couples and such

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            It's been quiet this week. Uber's been computerless, I've been out of town at a conference, several folks had finals.....and we've had no spoilers or even vague hints about the S/J ship to discuss!

But you're right......come on, shippers! Let's get back up on page 1!
                            I'm kinda back...but apparently I no longer rate as a system lord...neither do I rate as a loyal advisor!

I am merely a well-known threat...

Any particular reason for the demotion?

Back on topic, wasn't it super to see IGTBK tonight? I loved seeing snarky Sam working side by side off world with Jack again...

Too bad no really obvious shippy moments...just the vibe that continues like a THREAD throughout the series...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

congrats! I just became a Gou'uld underling.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee

pic fr stargate1971
                                add a caption
                                Jack: You told who I was retiring to marry you?

Sam: Well, I didn't tell Syler. He still thinks it's your "head injury".

Congrats to all who got promoted!
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X