This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I think I've invested too much in this show to become a casual viewer...I'll either watch it or I won't...I've quit fandoms before. I quit Voyager fandom when it ended and I quit Star Trek fandom altogether when it became farcicle (sp?)

I won't hesitate to do the same for SG1...But...I still have faith in some of thr assosciate PTB {Martin Wood and the directors are great and so obviously shippers) my main problem are the producers. I'm sure they're nice people but they don't understand the female fans of the show very well.

Yeah they have a very weird way of writing the ship for the Sam character !!!
    I wonder if they ask women around them questions from time to time!!! ..it may help them a little to produce some really good shippy scenes or just excellent interaction between Sam and Jack without looking to awkward , but just normal with a bit of flirting but not over the top and let's get on with the show.

I also think they should let RDA and AT use their natural body language a bit more

....and I watched " Red sky" last night ..and that scene where Sam explains the worm hole thing and the sun on the black board is just lovely .
    Jack actually saying something right scientifically and Sam telling him he was right ..and the smile he had on his face ..and Sam too ....this is the kind of scene that we should see when they are together IN SEASON 9 if we see then on screen on the same room !!!!...very relaxed , plenty of smiles and them being proud of each other
    That I would love to see

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Yeah they have a very weird way of writing the ship for the Sam character !!!
      I wonder if they ask women around them questions from time to time!!! ..it may help them a little to produce some really good shippy scenes or just excellent interaction between Sam and Jack without looking to awkward , but just normal with a bit of flirting but not over the top and let's get on with the show.

I also think they should let RDA and AT use their natural body language a bit more

....and I watched " Red sky" last night ..and that scene where Sam explains the worm hole thing and the sun on the black board is just lovely .
      Jack actually saying something right scientifically and Sam telling him he was right ..and the smile he had on his face ..and Sam too ....this is the kind of scene that we should see when they are together IN SEASON 9 if we see then on screen on the same room !!!!...very relaxed , plenty of smiles and them being proud of each other
      That I would love to see

Caty
      Hello Caty,

Love the idea for S/J scenes for S9, I loved that smile to.... maybe you should send a video to TPTB...

I'm having some inspirations for a couple of videos.... (I guess you get lots of these requests ) Sorry it's like you are a casting director and I'm an actress wanabee
      - Based on the title of the fanfic (but nothing to do with the fic) Wake up Call.... the song "I just called to say I love you" Stevie Wonder... ... Sam and Jack on the phone

- God Only Knows, from the beach boys (the songs says, God only know where I'll be without you!!!! ) Sam and Jack on nice moments like that scene in Red Sky and how they make each other smile

Ok, I need to start learning this stuff... what do I need, I already got a computer.....
      Last edited by LOL4JACK; 12 May 2005, 05:37 AM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Gooood morning, campers. How are we all feeling? *reads other posts* apparently, still concerned about S9. Well, I still have very little comforting advice except to say Hope for the Best, but plan for the worst.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Gooood morning, campers. How are we all feeling? *reads other posts* apparently, still concerned about S9. Well, I still have very little comforting advice except to say Hope for the Best, but plan for the worst.
          Wise advice!

64 Days for S9 Premiere!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Well...My exams are completely preoccupying me now...so wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!!!

I wonder how Sam and Jack did at their school exams....
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well...My exams are completely preoccupying me now...so wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!!!

Good luck my dear! (I so feel your pain). I'm sure Sam got As, and Jack, well, did Jack show up to his exams?
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I posted this on another thread, but Rogue suggested I add it here as well.

It's a bit suggestive...so I'm putting the captions in spoilers.
                Spoiler:

Sam: Hmm, did you say something?

Pete: I asked you if you wanted me to stop. You don't seem to be enjoying yourself.

Sam: I'm sorry, Pete. I guess my mind was some place else (thinking) with someone else.

Comment

I think Sam breezed through school exams, as did Jack, but he would always pretend like he hadn't studied and avoided letting anyone see his test scores.

I mean come on noone can make it to Brig General and be as dense as Jack comes across sometimes.

The man's got to be a genius to pull off being so clueless the way he does.

Comment

Good Luck, sueKay, on your exams.

I would imagine that Sam did quite well and studied a tremendous amount of time. Jack on the other hand probably did well, but waited to study until the night before.

By the way...it's over $300 to attend that gaming convention where RDA will be.
                    -girlgater

Comment

in other words all that happens when you hold your breath is that you turn blue, pass out and start breathing again?
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        in other words all that happens when you hold your breath is that you turn blue, pass out and start breathing again?
                        Basically.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Basically.
                          uh huh! k-guess we are on the same page here too. I hope that i am just cynically wrong however...
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Hey there!

I have my english exam tomorrow, and I've got my music practical after that, so I'm not going to be on here much.

As for the end of season eight...I have to say I was reasonably happy with what we got, but we deserved more.

Here's what I think

Spoiler:
                            I think that TPTB intended to get Sam and Jack together, but Joe commented that by the time they were filming Moebius, they'd been told that season nine was a reality. Whereas we would be quite happy for Jack to quit the military, most ofthe fanbase wouldn't. It would also be harder to have him in for guest appearances if he became a civillian. I think their intention with the AU kiss was originally to have Sam and Jack remember it. I also think that RDA and AT are shippers and that they're porbably happy with the way it ended.
                            For me, season nine was a confirmation that this ship wasn't something I plucked from my mind and made up...Apart from Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer and Grace, we've never seen them really admit their feelings. Jack skirted around the issue in D&C and Sam was uncomfortable with his confession. BtS, they weren't really themselves, and Grace...Jack's oblivious to that as is Sam to WoO. In season nine, we see them more at ease with their feelings, with Sam trying to tell Jack she loves him and Jack not trying to stop her from telling him (unlike Lost City) and when Kerry brings up the subject of Jack's feelings for Sam, he doesn't ramble on and try and make excuses. He rolls his eyes as if to say 'is it that obvious'?
                            For me, season eight was a confirmation that they are very much in love and that it is going somewhere. I really think they could have given us a more solid resolution, but in reality, there's a fine line the Air Force probably wouldn't let them cross, and I think they had to be careful in toeing that line.
                            totally agree with you Suekay

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                              I agree
                              wow you are still awake shipping...keeping Sam and Jack company

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                I like it and it is really not much to ask but considering it's a sci-fi show ..I don't think we 'll ever see something like that in any of those shows but hey I'd love to see Sam and Jack either at her place or his place kissing passionately even getting up in the morning .. grabbing a quick coffee and going to work together .....with a nice hug too ...No harm done with a scene like that

Caty
                                scifi can do romance.....anything is possible....it is all in the powerful hands of TPTB...if they wanted to, they could even have Sam and Jack have kids...it is all in the writing and they have time and again proven themselves to be great writers

Comment

Working...
                                X