This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i just finished it (and greened you with my messsage ). so, YES, i read it.

sally

Thank you!!

Comment

uh-oh. the converation is faltering and i'm running out of excuses not to go to bed. what can we talk about next?

Comment

what joke does Sam like the most that Jack has said in the past 9 yrs
        Spoiler:
        Sam:"Sir?".....Jack:"That is my side arm." And Sam gives a nice smile.-Solitudes of course

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          what joke does Sam like the most that Jack has said in the past 9 yrs
          (giddily) Oh hi gatebee! didn't i just see you on the thunk thread? Hey help me talk Majorsal into coming over. She could really use it. If she'd still here that is...

erm what was the question? Oh right, well nine years is a lot of really great Jack lines. I guess we'll just have to name them all. Starting with the National Treasure one from Lost City. I don't think she cared for the ciircumstances, but you can't tell me she didn't think about it later...

Comment

oops you said JOKE I ,missed that, sorry (goes back to think of jokes)

Comment

WOW! Has this thread picked up a lot since I was lurking around in here, some weeks back. It seems to have calmed now in here, so I've starting nosing around, and thought I'd post this .. just to let you know I am nosing around.
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                WOW! Has this thread picked up a lot since I was lurking around in here, some weeks back. It seems to have calmed now in here, so I've starting nosing around, and thought I'd post this .. just to let you know I am nosing around.

All Hail Anubis!! this is a great place to be at three,

Hey that rhymes!! okay(clears throat) seriously always nice to see a delurker de-lurk.

Comment

pic fr stargate1971

Sam and Jack has matching attire....

this is it for me....I'm going of the dream shipland

Comment

pic fr stargate1971

Sam and Jack has matching attire....

this is it for me....I'm going of the dream shipland
                    that's so cute when they do that. My mom and Dad did that in the...late 70's, early 80's at this one christmas. they were wearing jeans and flannel. My uncle and his wife did it once too but that was tacky. 70's Jogging suits(gags)

Comment

great, now I'm posting to myself. I guess it's almost time to go to bed. Or....

Hey Mel, how ya doin?

Fine, just fine, how're you?

Little lonely here with everybody gone, but you know...

Yeah it's so comfortable, hate to leave huh?

Yep that's about the size of it...

Comment

Hey there!

I have my english exam tomorrow, and I've got my music practical after that, so I'm not going to be on here much.

As for the end of season eight...I have to say I was reasonably happy with what we got, but we deserved more.

Here's what I think

Spoiler:
                        I think that TPTB intended to get Sam and Jack together, but Joe commented that by the time they were filming Moebius, they'd been told that season nine was a reality. Whereas we would be quite happy for Jack to quit the military, most ofthe fanbase wouldn't. It would also be harder to have him in for guest appearances if he became a civillian. I think their intention with the AU kiss was originally to have Sam and Jack remember it. I also think that RDA and AT are shippers and that they're porbably happy with the way it ended.
                        For me, season nine was a confirmation that this ship wasn't something I plucked from my mind and made up...Apart from Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer and Grace, we've never seen them really admit their feelings. Jack skirted around the issue in D&C and Sam was uncomfortable with his confession. BtS, they weren't really themselves, and Grace...Jack's oblivious to that as is Sam to WoO. In season nine, we see them more at ease with their feelings, with Sam trying to tell Jack she loves him and Jack not trying to stop her from telling him (unlike Lost City) and when Kerry brings up the subject of Jack's feelings for Sam, he doesn't ramble on and try and make excuses. He rolls his eyes as if to say 'is it that obvious'?
                        For me, season eight was a confirmation that they are very much in love and that it is going somewhere. I really think they could have given us a more solid resolution, but in reality, there's a fine line the Air Force probably wouldn't let them cross, and I think they had to be careful in toeing that line.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I know this will never happen on the show...but it's been a nice little fantasy of mine.

:: phone rings ::

::camera pans to clock::

...it reads 5:00A.M

::A hand reaches over and picks up the phone::

"Hello?"

::a indistinct voice can be heard over the phone::

"Just a minute."

::camera pans back and we see Sam roll over to the other side of the bed::

"Jack, wake up. It's Daniel...he says it's important."

::grumbling Jack takes the phone::

"Daniel, this had better be important"

::More indistinct chatter can be heard over the phone::

"Fine. Yes, Daniel...I'm glad you called.
                            Don't let them do anything until we get there.
                            An hour.
                            Ok...Bye."

:: Sam looks questioningly at Jack ::

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

:: Sighing, Sam leans over and kisses Jack ::

"I've got dibs on the shower."

"Try not to use all the hot water this time."

"(smiling) Promise."

:: Sam gives Jack another kiss and heads to bathroom ::

Jack lets out a heavy sigh before covering his eyes with his arm.

I ask you...is something like this too much for a poor little shipper to wish for???

I like it and it is really not much to ask but considering it's a sci-fi show ..I don't think we 'll ever see something like that in any of those shows but hey I'd love to see Sam and Jack either at her place or his place kissing passionately even getting up in the morning .. grabbing a quick coffee and going to work together .....with a nice hug too ...No harm done with a scene like that

Caty

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. In facr for S9, I am on the fence to watch or not. I guess what will pull me over eventually is TPTB giving us hints on Sam and Jack where abouts
                              Yeah season 9 is not very appealling to watch at the moment ..I am even not counting the days this year I suppose I found other shows to keep me entertained and where all the actors are still present until the very end
                              but I will watch the season premiere because I expect Jack to say something about Sam and something romantically shippy .If he doesn't then it will be TPTB's fault and they will lose me as a fan and I will just become a casual viewer .
                              I may even skip the casual viewing if they have Vala and Daniel kiss like mad

Caty

Comment

I think I've invested too much in this show to become a casual viewer...I'll either watch it or I won't...I've quit fandoms before. I quit Voyager fandom when it ended and I quit Star Trek fandom altogether when it became farcicle (sp?)

I won't hesitate to do the same for SG1...But...I still have faith in some of thr assosciate PTB {Martin Wood and the directors are great and so obviously shippers) my main problem are the producers. I'm sure they're nice people but they don't understand the female fans of the show very well.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X