• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta get this out of my system....

I'VE LEFT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that feels much better now!

Anywho...

I dunno...My feelings on S9 change as the days go by...I'll DEFINITELY watch it and see what it's like, but if it's horrible, then I'll bury my head in the sand and read a lotta fanfic.

I think
    Spoiler:
    I'll like Vala, but I'm not sure about Mitchell...
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      My feelings on S9 change as the days go by...I'll DEFINITELY watch it and see what it's like, but if it's horrible, then I'll bury my head in the sand and read a lotta fanfic.

I think
      Spoiler:
      I'll like Vala, but I'm not sure about Mitchell...
      I agree that at the moment, it's iffy. But hopefully, the writers will realize how badly they messed up in the first half of S8 and avoid those mistakes and not make similar ones in S9.

I am hopeful that it will stay good. None shall tear my hopes down! unlessl TPTB do it for me.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I am really looking forward to the TEAM stepping through the Gate again THAT makes me happiest of all.
        Indeed. Despite all the up and down ship, going through the gate IS SG-1, and I've missed it. Maybe we'll get to see Sam leading the team and coming home to Jack. Yeah, still got some hope.
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          I really beleive that Threads was leading up to something. To have an episode that changing right before theseason ends, to put an AU ep right after it, it's like they're planning to have something in season 8. I don't think they'd push the ship as far as they did in threads if they weren't following through. I'm not saying we'll get a complete resolution. Maybe they'll want to drag it out for a while. I mean, after 8 years a single ep resolution might seem almost TOO sudden. I think the tension between Jack and Sam makes a great plot device and I think they want to use it as much as they can. Which, as a writer, I can appreciate. But there comes a time when you're characters won't take anymore. And i think that's where sam and Jack are. I think it's time for the characters to take action
          Watched Threads again recently (okay, I fast-forwarded through the diner part this time!) and I think it's important to remember what they showed in the intro. Like the D&C scenes, etc. Then the ep finished with Pete dispatched, Kerry bowing out and Sam/Jack fishing(a shipper fan wish since whenever). I'll lay a bet that TPTB are puzzled that fans still think they aren't together. Okay together as an item, even though we are told Sam is far, far away and Jack will be in DC eventually. Now I wasn't happy with just showing them fishing (and nothing else)and they could have said more definitive words to each other, but I think we are meant to believe, as I said, Sam and Jack are committed to each other. And if anything shows up in S9 that says otherwise I'll be one of the first that runs kicking and screaming after TPTB. (not that it will help, but..........)

Comment

Hi Guys,
            can't believe i've got to wait until July to see Threads (thats when the DVD come out in the UK) you have so wet my appetite!

I really hope that Sam's absence from the first few episodes of seaon 9 is explained as her visiting a friend in DC - if not I will join you running to TPTB! - i just hope we aren't expecting too much? hey ho there is always fanfic to fall back on.

Please keep me posted on any new series 9 spoilers - i'm counting on you all!
            sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

i don't see y america gets season 9 first when they finsihed season 8 last
              "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

hopefully richard dean anderson will be in the last episode and something will happen between sam and jack
                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
                  i don't see y america gets season 9 first when they finsihed season 8 last
                  The US gets the first ten episodes, and then has a very long break before they see the second ten episodes. Sky One starts showing the show in September, but apart from a couple of weeks break for Christmas, it shows the programme continuously to the end. This means the UK will get the later episodes before the US. I hope this helps.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks - it does.

Roll on September!
                    sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      Watched Threads again recently (okay, I fast-forwarded through the diner part this time!) and I think it's important to remember what they showed in the intro. Like the D&C scenes, etc. Then the ep finished with Pete dispatched, Kerry bowing out and Sam/Jack fishing(a shipper fan wish since whenever). I'll lay a bet that TPTB are puzzled that fans still think they aren't together. Okay together as an item, even though we are told Sam is far, far away and Jack will be in DC eventually. Now I wasn't happy with just showing them fishing (and nothing else)and they could have said more definitive words to each other, but I think we are meant to believe, as I said, Sam and Jack are committed to each other. And if anything shows up in S9 that says otherwise I'll be one of the first that runs kicking and screaming after TPTB. (not that it will help, but..........)
                      I think you could be right, Gatetrixer. A few weeks ago in Joe's thread, someone complained that "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2" were too vague, and asked Joe about whether Sam and Jack were together at the end of the season. He said he thought it was pretty obvious. I think it's the only time he's addressed the J/S ship at all since the end of S8. But if they didn't know it then, TPTB should certainly know by now that most of us remain uncertain about their status as a couple.

You know, guys see things so much differently than women do.....and as we keep pointing out......TPTB are all guys!

Comment

Hello (((Shippers)))

I suppose after watching Threads it's kind of obvious that
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam and Jack are or will be together ...the only problem is we never saw the 2 of them together with a real passionate get together and that only for the sake of the rest of the team ( Daniel and Teal'c ) and the regs
                        I don't know but I really do not like it when TPTB have to send Daniel and Teal'c as bodyguards or chaperonnes to make sure that Sam and Jack behave ..it may not entirely mean that but it surely looks like it .

I know that because of the regs they can't be intimate but really they are mature adults ..and I think they have respected the regs so far . Therefore they wouldn't do anything stupid unless one of them is out of the military .

Other shows have got more than a couple in them and the others do not interfere all the time ..Sam and Jack could just be in a few scenes together and have a laugh .It doesn't mean that we have to see D & T too all the time that Sam and Jack are on screen too. Daniel and teal'c could be doing something else somewhere else like visiting a planet , even going bowling together or going and watch a boxing match or something !!!!

Anyway Sam and Jack are together for me even if TPTB doesn't know how to produce a very good ship .

and I'm hooked on JAG now ..I'm not part of fandom though ..just watch the show for what it is ( I saw about 6 episodes so far ..so a lot of catching up to do) ..and the stories are great ..A bit sad sometimes ..well most of the time but great show ..and the chemistry between Harm and Mac is just WOW and I don't intend to be part of any fandom about that show ..I know how it ends therefore I can enjoy it I love their sense of humor , little banter and their dedication to each other ..but the stories are excellent too

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I think you could be right, Gatetrixer. A few weeks ago in Joe's thread, someone complained that "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2" were too vague, and asked Joe about whether Sam and Jack were together at the end of the season. He said he thought it was pretty obvious. I think it's the only time he's addressed the J/S ship at all since the end of S8. But if they didn't know it then, TPTB should certainly know by now that most of us remain uncertain about their status as a couple.

You know, guys see things so much differently than women do.....and as we keep pointing out......TPTB are all guys!
                          Hey Joe, if it was so obvious, then why are people asking? IMO, it was too vague.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Gatetrixer is on the right track I think...TPTB AND AT have always said *Sam & Jack will go fishing*...so they are probably scratching their heads.....

and it is definitely for the reasons you say here...They are guys...and they do see things differently then women...(not all guys...just TPTB guys)

I did say something to Martin Gero at the GW dinner in Vancouver...I said to him - "I am really enjoying the by-play with Shepperd and Weir...IF you choose to go any ship path PLEASE don't let anyone screw it up like they did Sam & Jack"....YES I did TOO say that... he just stared at me for a minute and I figured I had annoyed him...oh well

However, later when Martin and I were talking he did say that there have been a couple of scripts written by women accepted BUT of the women they did extend an offer to for a permenant writing position, none were able to accept. So who knows!!! He did not specify HOW MANY women they asked....so I have no clue there. I do think though that the scripts were for SGA
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Alright, who of you will be spending the big bucks next Wednesday to see RDA at this e3expo? I know he is promoting video games, but DANG, who has the courage to ask him about Jack and Sam?

I almost fell out as to how expensive this expo is, just to see him for a few scant minutes at one little booth in a giant expo!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Alright, who of you will be spending the big bucks next Wednesday to see RDA at this e3expo? I know he is promoting video games, but DANG, who has the courage to ask him about Jack and Sam?

I almost fell out as to how expensive this expo is, just to see him for a few scant minutes at one little booth in a giant expo!
                                Ya know....if I had it...I would BUT it is not open to the public...so if you are not part of some Gaming Thing....you aren't invited....darn it...Kri...are you part of some Gaming thingy??? if so I want to be you that day
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X