X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not looking forward to
    Spoiler:
    Mitchell at all...His character sounds obnoxious...I don't like impatient people in RL...I doubt I will in TV either...What WOULD pique my interest would be if Sam and Cameron hated each others' guts...y'know...some tension...NOT sexual tension, but a personality clash
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I don't think they gave Sam much of a chance to lead SG-1. IMO, they didn't want a female leader of SG-1. Now they have a chance to move a guy back into that position.
      Rogue you are ab-sol-tootlie correct. they are really not very good at protraying women in a strong and positive light-all you have to do is look at what they did to Sam-and the way the Shep pushes Weir around-they lack women writers and they have absolutely no sense when it comes to writing relationships-and I am not talking about love interests, i'm talking relationships-period.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        Rogue you are ab-sol-tootlie correct. they are really not very good at protraying women in a strong and positive light-all you have to do is look at what they did to Sam-and the way the Shep pushes Weir around-they lack women writers and they have absolutely no sense when it comes to writing relationships-and I am not talking about love interests, i'm talking relationships-period.
        Yeah, they had plenty of chances to write Sam as a strong leader. But they didn't. They chose to write non-team eps and focusing on Sams personal life. You right about Shep/Weir. He doesn't respect her authority.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          Yeah, they had plenty of chances to write Sam as a strong leader. But they didn't. They chose to write non-team eps and focusing on Sams personal life. You right about Shep/Weir. He doesn't respect her authority.
          Sometimes I think he might've missed his calling in life. He's a cowboy.

But anyway, we're not here to talk about that. Maybe they are letting Sam's character slip, but hopefully they will amend that in S9. She probably won't the the leader she could've been in 8 because of
          Spoiler:
          Ben Browder taking over SG-1
          , but if TPTB have any sense, they will fix whatever they've broken.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm terrified of what I'm reading, I don't like the idea of BB leading SG-1, Pittsburgirl you make a very good point regarding the Shep/Weir, TPTB haven't make it work out, even though they respect each other Weir does not fully respect her command.

Sam was even a leader when O'Neill was leading SG1, We haven't even heard of what will Sam be when she comes back, we've asked Joe, but he has not answered and hasn't been around for a while, no news either from the convention.

S9 is getting scarier...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              I'm terrified of what I'm reading, I don't like the idea of BB leading SG-1, Pittsburgirl you make a very good point regarding the Shep/Weir, TPTB haven't make it work out, even though they respect each other Weir does not fully respect her command.

Sam was even a leader when O'Neill was leading SG1, We haven't even heard of what will Sam be when she comes back, we've asked Joe, but he has not answered and hasn't been around for a while, no news either from the convention.

S9 is getting scarier...
              I totally agree, I don't like this at all either I wish Sam will kick his butt when she'll come back! do we know what rank he is ? colonel ? major ? so it could give us a good idea of what is going to happen. I really hope they won't screw up again with the sam's character because If jack doesn't show up and if they screw Sam we will only have our eyes to cry...

SueKay I think it's a very good idea. I'd like to see Sam hating Mitchell. I'm sure it could give something more to the show thay we haven't had yet.

I hope Joe will come and answer our questions soon, or we will have news from RDA in the interview or anything who can give our little hearts a little light and hope...

until then, shippy thoughts to all my family (((((((((((family)))))))))))
              I'll see ya guys later
              Last edited by lonely_star; 11 May 2005, 06:00 AM. Reason: vocabulary change

Comment

Hi Everybody! I'm so glad we're back; I missed everyone terribly.

In reading about BB and the questions regarding what his rank will be in comparison with Sam, I had a crazy thought (one that I'm not particulary happy with). We've talked for ages about Jack resigning from the Air Force and working as a civilian. What if it's Sam that resigns? If they had her character resign, then there wouldn't be the issue with who has the highest rank and BB leading SG-1. She would still be eligible to be a team member of SG-1--wouldn't she? I can't say I particularly like the idea, but perhaps that's why there hasn't been any clarification of who will lead SG-1 in regards to rank. I'd hate to see Sam give up her military rank, but if it meant that she and Jack could be together??? I know it's a crazy idea, but I wanted to throw it out and see what everyone else thought...
                -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                  I totally agree, I don't like this at all either I wish Sam will kick his butt when she'll come back! do we know what rank he is ? colonel ? major ? so it could give us a good idea of what is going to happen. I really hope they won't screw up again with the sam's character because If jack doesn't show up and if they screw Sam we will only have our eyes to cry...

SueKay I think it's a very good idea. I'd like to see Sam hating Mitchell. I'm sure it could give something more to the show thay we haven't had yet.

I hope Joe will come and answer our questions soon, or we will have news from RDA in the interview or anything who can give our little hearts a little light and hope...

until then, shippy thoughts to all my family (((((((((((family)))))))))))
                  I'll see ya guys later
                  Hi Lonely Star,

I think Mitchell is a Colonel too, but I might have read somewhere that he has a lower rank than Sam... so.... NO IDEA WHAT TPTB HAVE IN MIND.

Joe also wrote that they loved the new ep and that Mitchell's character was great, so great that he had no words to explain and that we had to wait until SG1 started. MS has also said that everything is great and they are having lots of fun... so I definitely think that SG-1 S9 is 100% Guys stuff.... with super sexy Vala....

Far, far away from our SG-1, team, friendship, loyalty, shippinnes... Damn! I get more terrified every day...

How many days until S9 starts? can we have a countdown....!!!!

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater

In reading about BB and the questions regarding what his rank will be in comparison with Sam, I had a crazy thought (one that I'm not particulary happy with). We've talked for ages about Jack resigning from the Air Force and working as a civilian. What if it's Sam that resigns? If they had her character resign, then there wouldn't be the issue with who has the highest rank and BB leading SG-1. She would still be eligible to be a team member of SG-1--wouldn't she? I can't say I particularly like the idea, but perhaps that's why there hasn't been any clarification of who will lead SG-1 in regards to rank. I'd hate to see Sam give up her military rank, but if it meant that she and Jack could be together??? I know it's a crazy idea, but I wanted to throw it out and see what everyone else thought...
                    I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere, though that
                    Spoiler:
                    The Homeworld Security (is that right?) that Jack's going to run would be only civilians... hmmm, but didn't Hammond go there? Now I'm confused....

Anyway, I for one, seriously hope Sam doesn't give up her military career and that she's back in charge of SG-1, once she returns from goodness-knows-where! I thought BB's character was a
                    Spoiler:
                    Lt. Col, so same rank as Sam.
                    Uncontrolled Destiny
                    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

I thought about that too some time ago, I thought anything to get our S/J together, but looking at the SG-1 I'm not liking it.... so for J/S to be together we have:

- Sam in the military
                      * Jack out of the military in HW security
                      * Sam migh or might not have the lead in SG-1

- Sam out of the military
                      * Jack leading HW security
                      * Sam not leading SG-1

I don't know but it all looks kind off bittersweet...

Tame, thanks for my first energy bar ((((((((((TAME)))))))))))

Comment

It is sad to think that for Jack and Sam to be together they have to make sacrifices in regards to their military careers. I don't know; I was more comfortable with Jack retiring from the military and going into civilian duties than entertaining the thoughts of Sam doing something drastic. All this speculation before Season 9 starts is driving me crazy (will July ever get here???) One minute I'm positive and the next I'm burying my head in my pillow. Whatever TPTB do...I hope it ultimately leads to Sam and Jack being together. It just has to. (oops, ended that sentence with a preposition).
                        -girlgater

Comment

It is sad to think that for Jack and Sam to be together they have to make sacrifices in regards to their military careers. I don't know; I was more comfortable with Jack retiring from the military and going into civilian duties than entertaining the thoughts of Sam doing something drastic. All this speculation before Season 9 starts is driving me crazy (will July ever get here???) One minute I'm positive and the next I'm burying my head in my pillow. Whatever TPTB do...I hope it ultimately leads to Sam and Jack being together. It just has to. (oops, ended that sentence with a preposition).
                          Well we all knew that something had to give in their relationship. They way they set them up someone had to blink. Jack was the most logical of the two-but then i shudder to use the word logical in regard(s) to that show-because I haven't seen anything in the last two seasons-especially-that had anything to do with being logical.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Ya know as much as I would NOT want to see Sam give up anything.....

It may be that Amanda Tapping has possibly requested that she have more family time now with the new addition. So it very well maybe that they will allow Sam Carter to be a scientific leader.

However, even if she does not resign (whew ) I can still see her as the lead brain and Cam Mitchell being the brawn. and together they lead the team.
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Ya know as much as I would NOT want to see Sam give up anything.....

It may be that Amanda Tapping has possibly requested that she have more family time now with the new addition. So it very well maybe that they will allow Sam Carter to be a scientific leader.

However, even if she does not resign (whew ) I can still see her as the lead brain and Cam Mitchell being the brawn. and together they lead the team.
                              Good thoughts there Tame-I would hope that they would be working as a real team. After the last two seasons-I really don't have much positive on what they are going to do with Sam. And they can't have two SG-1 Niners you know. And after all Sam has had 8 years with that team...

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                                Good thoughts there Tame-I would hope that they would be working as a real team. After the last two seasons-I really don't have much positive on what they are going to do with Sam. And they can't have two SG-1 Niners you know. And after all Sam has had 8 years with that team...
                                I am really looking forward to the TEAM stepping through the Gate again THAT makes me happiest of all.

I really do hope that TPTB realize that after the Spud Fiasco...Sam will ONLY be with Jack...even if it is in a long distance relationship ...That way they will LEAVE SAM ALONE when it comes to love lives..

ETA: sheesh got caught up and forgot to say this in response By leaving Sam OUT of the *ships on the show* they really do have a GREAT chance to show her as the Smart, brainy, tough chick we love. TPTB for some reason can not do both.. either Sam is in a downward spiral because she...*GASP* fell in love...OR She is tough, competent and sharp....well of course its because she is focused and love has not blinded her....(sheesh)
                                So I am hopeful that TPTB will figure out that woman really aren't this one dimensional...but I ain't holding my breath

They have three guys they can now have some fun with....Let all of the guys be *Capt Kirk* for the day IF you must have love lives...but leave Sam & Jack alone

however, my level of trust is the same as everyone else's ...I will wait & see
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X