This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
    Thing is, if shippers will watch, regardless of whether or not TPTB screw us, then they have no incentive *not* to screw us. Especially as certain other fan groups will scream, shout, rant, threaten not to watch (among other things they threaten) and the like to get what they want.

J.
    This has been my concern for some time as well. If TPTB see that most of the shippers will be watching no matter what, why give us what we want? By not doing it, they get all the same ratings, and don't tick off any of the antis or anybody else.

This is another reason I won't be watching Season 1 of the "new" Stargate series. Call it what you want: spite? Maybe. Punishment for jerking us around? You'd better believe it. Protection from further jerking? Yes, that, too.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Andy867 said: I really felt that I could do one last song since my Army Deployment was delayed due to a family emergency back in March, and I've just been struggling to find the right song until now. Well, anyway, enjoy.
      Many thanks for sharing your talent with us. Terrific Sam and Jack video. Take care!!
      sigpic

Comment

Mary it like the old saying Nice Guys finish last.The Shippers have been Nice and Loyal and we did not get the
        Spoiler:
        Shippy resolution we wanted.I wish I missed most of the Season 8 episodes.I only missed PU.I wonder if we would have gotten our Shippy resolution in Threads or Moebius if the ratings were hurting.I still cannot believe TPTB do not give us the Shippy resolution with Season 9 and Atlantis Season 2 coming out.I always though it made good Business sense to try to reach out to all the groups.It made no sense to not have a Shippy resolution because of fear of the Non-Shippers.The Jack character will not be in Season 9 enough for the Ship to take over the Show.I may have been willing to give Season 9 a try if TPTB gave us our Shippy resolution.I'am like you Mary.I'am not watching because of spite Punishment and protection from jerking us around.It is also because of very little Jack in Season 9.It's amazing SG-1 has lasted 8 Years with some of the decision made by TPTB.

Comment

Ahoy there shippers! I am new to this forum, but have been lurking for quite some time enjoying all the pics, fan art, music videos, etc.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to share my own fan art. Go here and check it out. It's amateurish compared to most of what I've seen posted here, but it was fun to make anyway. Let me know what you think!

Comment

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY ST-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Really great fan art love the 2nd one I'm a "Always" girl

Comment

Thank you!
              I'm hoping I won't get b!tchslapped by webshots for uploading "celebrity" pics, but I did cite the source. I guess the worst they can do is take 'em down...then I'll be sad. In the meantime, I'm ridiculously proud of my efforts. Doesn't take much to keep this shipper afloat!

I like the lying on the sand one, too...except my imagination grinds to a halt when I think of the sand...gritty, gritty sand...

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                Spoiler:
                I still cannot believe TPTB do not give us the Shippy resolution with Season 9 and Atlantis Season 2 coming out.
                But if you think about what Jack said in Moebius, then the shippers fan should be happy

and I am referring to this line

Spoiler:
                I'll take care of it, you've got packing to do. To me, this implies that they are moving in together. I'd called that pretty shippy
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                  But if you think about what Jack said in Moebius, then the shippers fan should be happy

and I am referring to this line

Spoiler:
                  I'll take care of it, you've got packing to do. To me, this implies that they are moving in together. I'd called that pretty shippy
                  Ooh, I hate bursting a shipper's bubble...but Joe Mallozzi answered that question on the "Ask Joe" thread...

Moebius 2 spoilers....

He said that the "packing" line had to do with her getting ready for their fishing trip.

So still shippy...since I think they were there before Teal'c and Daniel showed up...but not nearly as shippy as yours.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))

gads I've missed this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...my exams start this week, and I won't have home internet for another couple of months, BUT...I've been busy (who says you need internet to enjoy the fandom?)

1. There's a VS9 forum so if you're interested in contributing to the virtual seaon, go to http://s11.invisionfree.com/Stargate_VS9

2. - Working on my own spin off of sorts - called Stargate Alpha...it's set six months from now and is being beta-ed by the marvelous Su Freund!

3 - I HAVE GRAPHICS PROGRAMS!!!!! If you want a sig, just email me telling me EXACTLY what you want so that I can get the necessary piccies from the internet and save them to disk

Well folks...I gotta go...and I hope everyone enjoyed the little snippet with RDA...I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm taking his comments in a positive light!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Ooh, I hate bursting a shipper's bubble...but Joe Mallozzi answered that question on the "Ask Joe" thread...

Moebius 2 spoilers....

He said that the "packing" line had to do with her getting ready for their fishing trip.

So still shippy...since I think they were there before Teal'c and Daniel showed up...but not nearly as shippy as yours.
                      ((((((Shippers))))))

Just wanted to add that I
                      Spoiler:
                      too believe that Sam and Jack were at the cabin before Daniel and Teal'c showed up. And when Jack said Sam had packing to do, I took that as they were already living together. He knew she had not packed yet. Either his suitcase is packed and he's waiting for hers to join it, as in they are in the same room. Or, she's got packing to do, as in with him, together. I just assumed from the way is was said that this was the case. *the suit case*

Take care everyone!
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Hello Shipper Family *wave*

Did someone say beneath the surface?
                        awww...

I never get tired of watching that scene/ep! *sigh*

I missed you all so much!

and

WELCOME ST-1!!!!!!

Comment

aeromathlete!!

May all your Shipper dreams come true!

May your year be as FANTABULOUS as you!

I just love birthdays!! hmmm.....I think Tame has one coming.

Token ~

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day and make sure to have lots of cake!
                            sigpic

Comment

OKAY ROLLCALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Want involved in VS9?

Then email

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

alternatively, register at Stargate VS9

and get thinking!
                              sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful and very special day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X