This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Naw, it's all good. ((((((((majorsal)))))))

I keep in mind that Pete's main purposes in existence were to further the Sam/Jack story and for us to dislike him greatly.

I agree...he made some stupid decisions beyond his tailing her and possibly endangering a mission in Chimera. I mean, for crying out loud, he pressed Sam to marry him even though he knew she was "conflicted"...I think he knew why she was conflicted, and what she was conflicted about. (dang, I ended that last sentence with a preposition!)

The reality is that if they were meant to be together, he shouldn't have had to have pushed so hard. He wouldn't have rushed...it just would have been right...and she wouldn't have had to weigh her decision to accept his proposal on how Jack reacted to the idea vs. her wanting to have a life.

He had to have known that pushing so hard would inevitably end in failure and heartache because the problems he believed would evaporate once she became Mrs. Shanahan would still be there...not that I think she'd cheat on him. I don't believe that's in her character. But her feelings for Jack would still be there (which I think he picked up on because she more than likely would give him tells to suggest more than she'd like) and would always be some sort of barrier between them.
    *hugs*

i think the biggest stumbling block for me on this issue is that the ppl making the show wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to admit they just possibly made a mistake. i think that's a bit why i handled affinity better, because i knew that 'someone' out of them didn't like what was going on (amanda). the most honest reaction i read from anyone was from david deluise, himself, that said he wouldn't treat someone like that.

i sometimes wonder if i over react to this (which i know i'm prob doing a bit because the whole 'boyfriend for sam' concept hurt me to begin with), but i don't like being told that i'm stupid for finding a prob with pete's actions (and sam's lack of), and that's what i felt the writers/ppl that made the show did. i'm not asking for an apology, i'm asking to not be made a fool. pete wasn't evil, or even bad, he just went in a direction that was very disrespectful to my fave character and, adding, almost cost her her life. please don't tell me there's nothing wrong with that. and that's what i felt like had happened. and that's why this continues, to this day, to be a touchy subject for me.

k, done with my monthly chimera/pete rant.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey hey! We're back online! I haven't been able to get on for days!!
      I take it no more S/J spoilers have dropped into the ears of our collective consciousness??

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Jumping into the do I trust tptb with ship convo:
        So all that rambling means, yeah, I trust tptb to bring the ship home eventually - and give me lots to rave, love, moan and complain about in the meantime.
        You summed that up perfectly!! I feel the same way.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
          Hey hey! We're back online! I haven't been able to get on for days!!
          I take it no more S/J spoilers have dropped into the ears of our collective consciousness??
          Have we had ANY Sam/Jack spoilers for Season 9 yet? I've been away for quite a while so i'm a bit out of the loop I've been reading the ep spoilers that were posted on Gateworld but I haven't ready anything about Sam or Jack yet

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Spoilers? *ears perk* I've been so disconnected from the forum (moving back to NZ, the site being up, and down, and down, and down..... ) I'm not sure I know about ANY spoilers!

Comment

Hi guys - this is my first posting so be gentle with me please!

I feel really out of it as i have yet to see the last few episodes of season 8 (although i feel like i have seen them what with those 'sweet' episode transcripts!

I am ultimately a shipper & can't wait for July when i get to finally see 'threads' & the season climax.

Please keep me informed of any season 9 teasers (i'd hoped Sam's absence from the first 6 episodes of season 9 were down to her visiting a certain someone in DC!)

One can only hope! (sigh!)
              sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
                Hi guys - this is my first posting so be gentle with me please!

I feel really out of it as i have yet to see the last few episodes of season 8 (although i feel like i have seen them what with those 'sweet' episode transcripts!

I am ultimately a shipper & can't wait for July when i get to finally see 'threads' & the season climax.

Please keep me informed of any season 9 teasers (i'd hoped Sam's absence from the first 6 episodes of season 9 were down to her visiting a certain someone in DC!)

One can only hope! (sigh!)
                Welcome to the Shipper Family Kate!!
                Its a shame you haven't seen the last Season 8 eps yet but believe me they will be worth the wait!!

I can't wait until July either and I do hope that Sam is away in DC with Jack!! From what i've read she is away for personal reason so we can always hope!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

hey guys try and get on ahhhh scream loud couldn't get on!!!

after missing a couple of weeks of my shipper family i was so looking forward to catching up.

By the way is it that slow here or has people found some-where else?Wheres the rest of family gone.

Can't belive i missed mini ship day when the next one comes up can some-one pm me as i really can't miss that one esp what has happened in season 8.

try and catch up later after work see ya laters

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Hello!

I'm in the library...times running out...SAM AND JACK FOREVER

See you on monday

bye!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Welcome Anubis345 & Katethegater

Despite the problems GW's having we're still getting newbies! As long as the family keeps growing we can be assured of a great S/J ship thread regardless of what S9 has to offer.

As far as Sam & Jack spoilers for S9
                      Spoiler:
                      there's been worse than nothing! JM initially said in the question thread that Sam would be gone for personal and professional reasons - and then a few weeks later, changed that to just professional reasons! And that's it!!! We know no Sam for the first 5 eps, and RDA is only in the first couple. So there will be no S&J interaction unless it was filmed either separately or at the end of last season. They have filmed stuff completley separately before, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                        (((((Marimba)))))

Check this one out - it's taken me most of the last 3 days to read it, but they live happily ever after If I'd found it sooner I could have posted it during our BTS Mini Ship Day

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2211735/1/
                        thanks oma read this this afternoon fantastic story,have you got any other recomendations please?

i loved this story,my god tears and happiness,let me know ok thnks,

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

I've come across loads of good stories Wynter - I wish I could remember them all! I generally use Fanfiction.com cos there's loads of stories there. If you click C2 communities, Stargate SG-1, then pick a community to visit. There one that is completely devoted to killing off the relationship (I like that one) and I'm currently working my way through the Sam & Jack Forever community. When I find an author I like, I read all their stories, then their faves. Hopefully it should keep me occupied for the next season at least

That's how I found Lunar's stories - they're great if you haven't read them yet. I also like msraven, MissAnnThropic, Vicky Ocean, Annerb. They should keep you occupied for a while
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome New Shippers!!!!!!!!!

I can´t believe GW has been crazy up and down for the past couple of weeks, I need you GW!!!! I need my shipper family as much as I need S/J together in S9

I´m traveling these days and it´s a pain connecting to the Internet using dial up, it is so hard to have the pages load up, so you won´t see me around that much for a couple of days (snif) , but I´ve downlaoded many fics to keep my shippiness up!

I don´t remember who asked if S/J would have gotten together in S4 or S7 if we would still have this crazy passion for them , I think not, I perfectly understand that you have to keep the tension and suspense up but give us a break from time to time...

I think M1 was a perfect moment to give us what we wanted
                            Spoiler:
                            when our S/J went back 5000 years and knew they had to stay, it would have been nice to see them get together, no regs, I mean, they did not exist 300BC , then the time line would have been back, that would have never happened, but we would ALWAYS have Threads, M1 & M2....
                            Last edited by LOL4JACK; 07 May 2005, 05:56 AM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

First here is a to all the new members of the Family!!!! Great to see our family continue to grow!!

I know it has been awhile (my bad), but I always like to celebrate birthdays especially Shipper Family birthdays!!

Stargate barbie & antares!!!!!

Have a SHIPPERIFIC birthday!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Talking about Grace the other day inspired me, so here's my version

Grace
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X