X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I think she was afraid of the answer. Grace
    Spoiler:
    If he said he loved her and wanted to be with her then who is going to give up their job. If he said he didn't have feelings for her, she would be hurt and didn't want to handle rejection. I think she looked at Jack as a no win situation.
    wow... more food for thought. thanks for giving me another thing to ponder.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera

Originally posted by Myrth
      Just an off the cuff thought... is it possible no-one really warmed (and that's polite phrasing) to Pete because he was written not to be liked? He was the nice guy no-one liked.... you can't acheive that in writing without some thought and planning.... surely... so that begs the question why?

The answer is obvious to me.. but I thought it was an interesting idea
      i'd like to hear your answer.

one thing, though, is why did the ptb work so hard to make us think that *we're* the ones with the prob, instead of pete? how they could write pete disrespecting sam and think it's... what, heroic because he fought to find out what she did? but anyways, i'll never figure out why the ptb wanted us to believe in pete, and then wrote him as a less-than-honorable man.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Essentially I see the way Pete was written/played as a contrast to Jack. Pete was sweet and bumbling and open about his feelings. Given the canon ship in Sam/Jack I think that may have been intentional. Although I could be completely wrong, but if they'd wanted to give Sam a boyfriend the audience would say.. yeah that guy really fits her... then the ship would have been killed first. It would have to be, because at that point they'd invested seven years in the subtext, I just don't beleive Pete was ever written to stay around. I think he was a plot device to get Sam to realise that what she thinks she wants, may not be what she wants after all. It was about developing Sam... therefore, I just don't think Pete was written to gain audience sympathy.

As for the TPTB.. I really don't know what they said about it, I wasn't aroudn then, but perhaps they were stirring the pot to get a reaction... marketing is a funny business where money talks and bullsh*t walks and you've suceeded when people are focusing on what you want them to focus on... besides, look how it turned out ....

Originally posted by majorsal

one thing, though, is why did the ptb work so hard to make us think that *we're* the ones with the prob, instead of pete? how they could write pete disrespecting sam and think it's... what, heroic because he fought to find out what she did? but anyways, i'll never figure out why the ptb wanted us to believe in pete, and then wrote him as a less-than-honorable man.

sally
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          I don't know, thier plenty old enough to elope, and after thier respective marital escapades they might want to keep it simple. adorable idea
          i had an idea (that expanded my scene of marriage discovery) where daniel is hurt that sam and jack didn't tell anyone and let them share in their wedding. i had it that sam told daniel and teal'c that her and jack hadn't planned it at all. they were driving by a wedding chapel, and jack pulled the car over and asked her to marry him. she GLEEFULLY (very opposite affinity) accepted!

as much as i'd LOVE to see the scene where jack asks sam and she GLEEFULLY accepts, i'd be very happy with sam returning to the sgc as sam carter-o'neill.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Some eye candy and possible ponder points....

Interesting place to uh "support" her there Jack......

Interestingly "intimate" spot to have his hand don't ya think?

In both cases RDA moved his hand right quick... but it was there for the er... capping..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

So why in Grace did they
              Spoiler:
              do a complete U-turn, and make Sam think that her feelings for Jack were an obstruction that was holding her back from finding happiness???? Like we would really believe that everything that had happened between Sam & Jack was a mistake????
              grace had to pull out an excuse for sam having/wanting a boyfriend.

OK, so she was fooling herself for a while - but *hello* LOST CITY!!!
              Spoiler:
              Sam certainly knew what she was feeling when she went to see Jack, and then in the ship on the way to whatever-it-was-called-proclarush, there was another D&C moment.
              hence why new order was so disappointing. talk about going from a mountain to a molehill.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Essentially I see the way Pete was written/played as a contrast to Jack. Pete was sweet and bumbling and open about his feelings. Given the canon ship in Sam/Jack I think that may have been intentional. Although I could be completely wrong, but if they'd wanted to give Sam a boyfriend the audience would say.. yeah that guy really fits her... then the ship would have been killed first. It would have to be, because at that point they'd invested seven years in the subtext, I just don't beleive Pete was ever written to stay around. I think he was a plot device to get Sam to realise that what she thinks she wants, may not be what she wants after all. It was about developing Sam... therefore, I just don't think Pete was written to gain audience sympathy.

more food for thought. thanks, myrth.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Some eye candy and possible ponder points....
                  http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...led-14%7E1.jpg

Interesting place to uh "support" her there Jack......

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...led-10%7E1.jpg

Interestingly "intimate" spot to have his hand don't ya think?

In both cases RDA moved his hand right quick... but it was there for the er... capping..
                  i can't rep you, myrth, but i wanted to say THANKS!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

wow i have not been here in a while did i miss any thing?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                      SPOILERS FOR CHIMERA/AFFINITY/THREADS/JAG

And this is where I get pelted with shipper cookies for my opinion...

I didn't hate Pete - plus you all know I think DDL is a hottie....but back to Pete.

Pete had no way of knowing that Sam's job was what it was...he just thought that she feared emotional intimacy and didn't want to share her life with him. Of course, his response was a complete mistake with the whole background check thing; but maybe he was scared that her job cover (which was phony as can be...they need to come up with something better than deep space telemetry) was bogus because she was a career criminal or something...

I was depressed in Affinity when she accepted Pete's proposal. I could see why she accepted...just like I could see why she came to the conclusion she did after Grace. But of course, I didn't agree with either.

Sure, I didn't love him...and I certainly didn't want to see him with Sam. For me, Pete was a stepping stone on the road for Sam and Jack to come to certain major turning points.

Which leads me to JAG. How long did I pine for Mac and Harm to get the lead out? NINE YEARS???? I'd almost given up on them. In fact, I did give up on the series because of it. But now, I can go and watch everything I've missed because in my heart I'll know that everything ... all the ups and downs ... led to them eventually getting together and getting engaged. It was all worth it ... and as a result of that one little thing, I can now say I'll buy the JAG DVDs, which I would not have even considered had it ended differently.

And what did Harm say? "Maybe I needed a deadline." That's how I think of the whole Pete/Sam wedding thing. Sam needed a deadline where she would be forced into a watershed moment, when she would be willing I think to consider a career change based on how Jack had responded to her confession of her feelings.

JAG gives me hope that sometimes TPTB get it right...and when you have such a clear chemistry between two characters and choose to really focus on it and flesh it out, you had BETTER recognize it and let the two either get together or call it quits. Fortunately for us, I think THREADS shows that both Sam and Jack are leaning our way.

So let's see what the future holds. I for one am encouraged by JAG, encouraged by THREADS and encouraged by AT's sense that "we have somewhere to go next season..."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

You're right, Uber, in saying
                        Spoiler:
                        "And what did Harm say? "Maybe I needed a deadline." That's how I think of the whole Pete/Sam wedding thing. Sam needed a deadline where she would be forced into a watershed moment, when she would be willing I think to consider a career change based on how Jack had responded to her confession of her feelings."

I really think Sam needed to be pushed into confronting her feeings for Jack.

Where is everyone? I've been so frustrated lately because apparently you guys have been able to get on when I haven't and "our paths aren't crossing."
                        -girlgater

Comment

I miss this place so much!! I try to keep up but with how everything is at school at the moment I just can't!!

I had loads of fun over here and hopefully once all my exams are over and i've got 3 months of relaxing I will be able to come back and join the fun!!

Hope everyone is keeping well!
                          ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sam ~x~

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                            Hey Ship Thread!

Okay, it's been FOREVER and EVER and EVER since I last posted in here. I might have dropped in a line not too long ago, but I can't really remember doing so, so I'll reiterate just in case.

So, I was watching Stargate the other day with a bunch of my compadres, and let's just say a whole bunch of us are just dying for them to resolve Sam and Jack and have them live happily ever after. It's been far too long. I, for one, think that they were thinking about shipping the characters together as early as Season One. There But for the Grace of God, anyone? Or even as early as Emancipation (oh, you know that Jack was flirting with her because of the dress), and Jack was certainly all alpha-male about Sam by the the time you get to the Broca Divide (primal instincts taking over?) Sam and Jack have a rich history both with each other and away from each other. But it's been eight years now, and it's about time these characters deserved to move on with their lives--with each other.

We've had stumbling blocks here and there with extraneous unwanted boyfriends and girlfriends. We've watched other characters take advantage of our leading guy and gal. But with RDA's absence next season, and a need to fill in about five episodes of gap with Carter's storyline, I don't think that TPTB can justifiably ignore the Sam and Jack relationship as a key player in the events of the past few years. They've dangled the ship in front of us for too long, and it would be darned hypocritical for them to snatch it away when we were all so close to seeing its culmination. So anyways, I think we might not see the ship onscreen, but hopefully we can all rest in the knowledge that it is there and has not been lost.

Keep up the optimism, folks. I'll be around for Season Nine, just to see what it brings us. Does anyone seriously think the leading girl won't get her guy in the end? (Note I defy the stereotype of the leading guy getting the girl intentionally, but of course, it is only to shine further compliment upon our favorite Samantha Carter).

Okay, enough 4 AM ranting. I'm getting back to work now. Everybody keep your heads up and have a delightful time shipping. We'll win in the end. I think y'all know that.
                            Hey, I agree with everything you said TPTB can't just forget about the Sam/Jack ship now and to be honest I really don't think they would want to. TPTB have gained my trust with Threads and Mobieus and even though I am very worried about how season 9 will turn out with the many changes that we are seeing but I am going to stick with Stargate and I will watch Season 9.

and we will win in the end, we've been through too much to lose now

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                              Hey, I agree with everything you said TPTB can't just forget about the Sam/Jack ship now and to be honest I really don't think they would want to. TPTB have gained my trust with Threads and Mobieus and even though I am very worried about how season 9 will turn out with the many changes that we are seeing but I am going to stick with Stargate and I will watch Season 9.

and we will win in the end, we've been through too much to lose now
                              I'm afraid that I am in the "not even when pigs become kosher and fly" club when it comes to trusting the boys in vancouver-i think they will play the ship card if/when and only if/when the ratings start to tank because they aren't good enough to keep the newbies and the old guard starts to bale.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                                I'm afraid that I am in the "not even when pigs become kosher and fly" club when it comes to trusting the boys in vancouver-i think they will play the ship card if/when and only if/when the ratings start to tank because they aren't good enough to keep the newbies and the old guard starts to bale.
                                *raises hand* I've joined that club too. I hated the way that they used ship only as a plot device to ratchet up the *drama* (or melodrama as the case may be) in season 8. I loved the ship in earlier seasons bc it always felt right and this season, it hasn't been fun like it was before. This season was all about angst with no happy resolution (I'm sorry PTB but I do NOT consider that AU garbage in Moebius a resolution). So I'll stick with my DVDs and watch the old eps and read fanfic where Sam and Jack live happily ever after...

Feel free to flame away now...
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X